Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have lost 74 pounds so far and now fit into most 14's (down from a 24W). I have no butt, smaller hips and still have a larger waist and dough-boy belly. ( I am pretty much straight up and down from waist to hips with a small spare tire between.) So getting jeans that fit my waist and don't swamp my butt and hips is a challenge.

I have found two different jeans brand that I really like - one is NOT YOUR DAUGHTERS JEANS. These have strong support to hold in the belly and to lift your butt. It actually puts mine back to where it used to be (miracle of miracles). I by mine from ebay - I don't know what stores carry them.

Also - Levis make a line of jeans that come in three shapes - depending on how big your butt is compared to your waist. Slight Curve (really slight in my case) fits me. There are also two more for you more curvy ladies. If you have a bodacious booty compared to your smaller waist, they can fit you. The jeans come in different colors and washes, and in assorted styles from skinny (not me) to regular to boot cut. I ordered mine from the Levis website (I hate to run around and shop).

Has anyone else found a type of jeans that really fits you? I am not satisfied with the mom jeans look any more. I am not trying to look like a teenager, but I want my clothes to fit. And, I don't want to spend a lot of money, because I am still 45 pounds from goal.

I had some excellent luck with pants/jeans from Coldwater Creek. They have various fits, and I found that the classic fit long was a good one--I hate bootcut jeans, as they make me look "blocky" somehow. I'm 6'2", so tall for a woman, and have a relatively small waist in comparison to my hips (who knew--hourglass discovered after dropping 40 pounds or so and getting more pronounced). I like the "classic" fit, and I have some "natural" fit pants from there, too, that fit cleanly.

I hate, hate, hate baggy clothes now. It's so funny, before surgery I wouldn't wear anything remotely form-fitting; if it was clingy, I wouldn't wear it. Now, I really like clothes that fit my body. I'm only halfway through the weight-loss process with a bunch to go, but even now, I feel so much more confident and that I can maybe wear "regular" clothes and have them look good--it's such a kick!!

I'm going to check out the "not your daughter's jeans," since I've heard great reviews on them from others, too... hope they have tall sizes. Old Navy also has tons of sizes in various "fits," so that might be a good place to shop. Their prices are very reasonable, too.

Meg

Not Your Daughter's Jeans are pretty good but don't seem to last. I've had three pair, and two literally fell apart. The others I quit wearing (they didn't fit when I was pregnant, and still don't...) You can buy them at Dillard's, Nordstrom and Macy's that I know of. I'm sure some other places sell them too. The ones I have are the "Tummy Tuck Jeans." They retail for about $100 a pair, but I'll be completely honest -- for the last three years, during Fall, Sam's Club has carried a brand of jean that's nearly identical in construction, and sells for about $16. I can't remember the brand off-hand, but I saw no difference when I wore those & when I wore the $$$ jeans. I can look through my jeans tonight and see if I can find them & get the brand.

I have two pair of jeans that fit me well. Two are styles from the "Merona" brand from Target. The other are a pair of "Westport" jeans from Dress Barn.

I'm a heavy hourglass -- my top runs about 2 sizes smaller than my bottoms, most of my weight is in my hips & upper thighs, and my waist (while fat) is quite a bit smaller than my hips. And I'm about 5'10. Averages come above my ankle and look horrible. Talls drag on the ground (hate that) unless I wear heels. I'm very hard to fit because usually if it fits my hips, it's gaping in my waist. The Target & Dress Barn jeans fit far better than even the "custom fit" lines that stores like Lane Bryant have out.

The only jeans that I really dig are Old Navy Skinny Diva cut jeans. I have the same issue with a little belly fat, and that lower belly baby fat roll, but the Diva cut fit my funky body shape really well. The other option that I really love are the Gap "boyfriend" cut jeans, I actually might like them the most because they are the only size 0 I can wear LOL, but they fit, hold their color, and do not stretch out in the hiney like my Old Navy pairs stretch out over the course of the day.

I know it's probably totally inappropriate for a 34 year old, mom to a 13 year old, and about to be a new mom to wear super skinny jeans, but I have tiny legs, and if I wear regular cut jeans, my thighs look like tree trunks, and I hate that.

I adore LEI jeans. My waist is much smaller than my thighs and these are the only jeans that actually fit me all over. Love 'em!

Good Question. I like the Old Navy "Sweetheart" fit. They seem to hold their shape pretty well, and they fit me pretty well. They are also pretty affordable if you are losing weight still (which I am).

If you can get them in the USA Marks and Spencers jeggings are good.

The other option that I really love are the Gap "boyfriend" cut jeans, I actually might like them the most because they are the only size 0 I can wear LOL, but they fit, hold their color, and do not stretch out in the hiney like my Old Navy pairs stretch out over the course of the day.

I haven't tried the Gap ones, but the Eddie Bauer boyfriend jeans (button-fly) are great for me. They don't have any spandex in them, so they don't stretch out and get baggy, and they're low-rise without being too low-rise. They also make me look smaller than anything else LOL, not sure why.

I've tried the "Not Your Daughter's Jeans" a few times because so many people have said good things, and they just totally don't fit my body at all. For whatever reason, the ones I've tried have all had a really long waist too, which doesn't work on me (even when I'm fatter).

I love skinny cargoes, my new addiction -- like these. I also have these, they are super soft and cute, I totally recommend them.