Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanted to lose 60lbs by June 10th my two month surgiversary on June 10th. Well I was 3 lbs short but today I made it to 60 lbs lost!!!! Couple days past but still made it in just a couple extra days!!! Woot!

That is awesome, it is a great feeling. Have you run into any foods that are not tolerable? The only thing that really makes me feel uncomfortable is bread, it seems so heavy. I know you mentioned you have been eating a lot of fish, PM me some of the ways you have been preparing it, I have baked and grilled it and having a hard time aquiring a taste for fish. Keep it up Noel.

Congratulations!! That is fantastic progress! At that rate, you will be done in another 2 months or less!

I wanted to lose 60lbs by June 10th my two month surgiversary on June 10th. Well I was 3 lbs short but today I made it to 60 lbs lost!!!! Couple days past but still made it in just a couple extra days!!! Woot!

First let me say congratulations! That is unbelievable progress!

Now let me whine a little bit, please! Life is really not fair! Why is it that men lose so much more so much faster than we ladies? I am 2 months out today and I haven't even lost 30 pounds yet!

Maybe I am doing something wrong! Please tell me what your normal routine as far as exercise and food are concerned. Maybe I can emulate you and have better results than I am having now. I realize that men are more muscle than women and that muscle burns fat faster or at least that is what I have heard all of my adult life, but 30 more pounds, jeesh!

Please share! And again, I am thrilled for you, way to go! Good luck on the rest of the journey!

Vickie

I know your question was to the OP, but thought I would chime in my 2 cents for what it might be worth as a "girl". I've lost 33# since my surgery 6/22/11. I'm still on the mushie food stage, but I am being ULTRA CONSERVATIVE on the carbs. I sometimes forget to eat which I know isn't good, but I am keeping my carbs to less than 15, mostly 10 per day. Eating cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, SF Jello, green Beans, yellow summer squash, lots of Water and crystal lite- you get the idea. I have stayed away from Soups because most of them are high in carbs at least for my liking, and also really high in sodium which retains Water. I also walk at least an hr a day at a brisk pace. As soon as my weight lifting restriction is up I will probably try to do more exercising. I still have a little pain in my left abdomen area.

That's my 2 cents.

First let me say congratulations! That is unbelievable progress!

Now let me whine a little bit, please! Life is really not fair! Why is it that men lose so much more so much faster than we ladies? I am 2 months out today and I haven't even lost 30 pounds yet!

Maybe I am doing something wrong! Please tell me what your normal routine as far as exercise and food are concerned. Maybe I can emulate you and have better results than I am having now. I realize that men are more muscle than women and that muscle burns fat faster or at least that is what I have heard all of my adult life, but 30 more pounds, jeesh!

Please share! And again, I am thrilled for you, way to go! Good luck on the rest of the journey!

Vickie

That's great!!!!!! You will reach your overall goal weight in no time!!! :)

thx everyone, It is very sureal!

Vickie:

First let me say, congrats on your loss, keep perspective, when is the last time you lost 30lbs with no fear of regain? That is a huge accomplishment! so it is important that you do not get down about where you are. we are both on a journey to the good life. True i have lost a crazy amount, yet there are some variables. 1st i am a guy and do not have the hormone issues that women have to slow my loss down. that is such a huge factor, people dont factor that in offten enough and get discouraged when their loss isnt as fast as others. but you have to compare apples to apples and men and women are apples and oranges. similar to our trying to compare ourselves to naturaly skinny peoples ability to lose. Does that make sence?

2nd. I have a very very labor intensive job, I fabricate and install custom granite countertops So I am lifting and moving 100's of lbs everyday. So i have no doubt that is a factor for me since work is like a constant workout. Considering that it is not fair to yourself to compare your loss to mine.

3rd here is what i do,

I eat between 400-700 cals a day. partly intentionally partly not. I do eat very clean, if i didnt the cals would be higher.

I eat 1 greek yougurt and one cheese stick for Breakfast everyday that gives me 17 grams protien i dont worry about the carbs in them

lunch: depends on where i am. general shrimp (about 3-4) for 20 gram protien of tuna salad for 20 grams protien no crakers no bread.< /p>

dinner: some form of Protein that is not fried. chicken, fish, shrimp, or another yogurt or cottage cheese for 20 grm Protein.< /p>

I drink 40 oz low cal gatorade a day and then either tea or juice. i also drink coffee. yes i drink coffee everyday. My sister is a VA Psychologist that did the psych evals for bariatric patients and she has been a great resource. the nutritionist at her VA says that coffee doesn't really dehydrate you, the way you have to count it is dont count it. That so long as you do not include the coffee as liquid intake then it is a wash. I have 3-4 sf popcicles a day as well :)

I also take a daily Vitamin, chewable (active kids complete from sams club. I take the adult dose)

now if i want something i have it. if i want a dorrito i will have some, like 3 haha,

I also go to the gym, about 3-4 days a week and play 45 min of raquetball i am just begining to do the treadmill and lifting as well.

oh, and something that I think people forget is that you can go to all liquids for 3-5 days or a week and shock your system into obediance! rather than seeing that as a bad thing i see it as teaching my body to co-operate! :)

Basically any loss is good, right? I think your loss is fantastic! 30lbs!! You are not going to regain it either! You will keep losing as you already are. Remember, keep perspective. You have chosen to better your life and it IS, IS, IS, working. You have made a hard, definative choice, a choice to lock yourslef in for the rest of your life to healthy choices that will reap amazing rewards for you and those in your life. Now is the time to Celebrate your courage, wisdom, and 30 freakin pounds that you kicked to the curb forever!!!!! So, Head up, inches down, and amazing adventure ahead!!! your are doing fabulous. Now go to your mirror and tell youself that!!! 10 times!!! :)

Wow- what a great response. So uplifting! I needed to hear that myself! :rolleyes:

Congrats on your success- you are doing fabulous!

Wow- what a great response. So uplifting! I needed to hear that myself! :rolleyes:

Congrats on your success- you are doing fabulous!

I think we all need to be reminded that we are doing great, it's is so much more than just a small stomach. Our whole lives are changed, and it has taken sacrifice and courage to even start this journey. We can get so hung up on the speed and numbers that we forget how hugely successful we are just for facing food and telling it to "shut it!"

So sunnyd, I wish you a day of joy, a feeling of accomplishment for being strong enough to make such a hard choice and becoming the you that has always existed but not seen by those around us. :-)

Godspeed

What an awesome response!!! And true!!! How very nice of you to take the time to really encourage a fellow sleever! That is one of the reasons this website is so great! All the amazingly helpful people!

Ms.DJ14

Ps my surgery date is Aug 10...everybody wish me luck (& prayers!!) name='pasquini' timestamp='1310838090' post='180326']

thx everyone, It is very sureal!

Vickie:

First let me say, congrats on your loss, keep perspective, when is the last time you lost 30lbs with no fear of regain? That is a huge accomplishment! so it is important that you do not get down about where you are. we are both on a journey to the good life. True i have lost a crazy amount, yet there are some variables. 1st i am a guy and do not have the hormone issues that women have to slow my loss down. that is such a huge factor, people dont factor that in offten enough and get discouraged when their loss isnt as fast as others. but you have to compare apples to apples and men and women are apples and oranges. similar to our trying to compare ourselves to naturaly skinny peoples ability to lose. Does that make sence?

2nd. I have a very very labor intensive job, I fabricate and install custom granite countertops So I am lifting and moving 100's of lbs everyday. So i have no doubt that is a factor for me since work is like a constant workout. Considering that it is not fair to yourself to compare your loss to mine.

3rd here is what i do,

I eat between 400-700 cals a day. partly intentionally partly not. I do eat very clean, if i didnt the cals would be higher.

I eat 1 greek yougurt and one cheese stick for Breakfast everyday that gives me 17 grams protien i dont worry about the carbs in them

lunch: depends on where i am. general shrimp (about 3-4) for 20 gram protien of tuna salad for 20 grams protien no crakers no bread.< /p>

dinner: some form of Protein that is not fried. chicken, fish, shrimp, or another yogurt or cottage cheese for 20 grm Protein.< /p>

I drink 40 oz low cal gatorade a day and then either tea or juice. i also drink coffee. yes i drink coffee everyday. My sister is a VA Psychologist that did the psych evals for bariatric patients and she has been a great resource. the nutritionist at her VA says that coffee doesn't really dehydrate you, the way you have to count it is dont count it. That so long as you do not include the coffee as liquid intake then it is a wash. I have 3-4 sf popcicles a day as well :)

I also take a daily Vitamin, chewable (active kids complete from sams club. I take the adult dose)

now if i want something i have it. if i want a dorrito i will have some, like 3 haha,

I also go to the gym, about 3-4 days a week and play 45 min of raquetball i am just begining to do the treadmill and lifting as well.

oh, and something that I think people forget is that you can go to all liquids for 3-5 days or a week and shock your system into obediance! rather than seeing that as a bad thing i see it as teaching my body to co-operate! :)

Basically any loss is good, right? I think your loss is fantastic! 30lbs!! You are not going to regain it either! You will keep losing as you already are. Remember, keep perspective. You have chosen to better your life and it IS, IS, IS, working. You have made a hard, definative choice, a choice to lock yourslef in for the rest of your life to healthy choices that will reap amazing rewards for you and those in your life. Now is the time to Celebrate your courage, wisdom, and 30 freakin pounds that you kicked to the curb forever!!!!! So, Head up, inches down, and amazing adventure ahead!!! your are doing fabulous. Now go to your mirror and tell youself that!!! 10 times!!! :)