Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rant - clothing size (pics)

Let me qualify the following by starting with - I am happy with my weight loss LOL Ok rant time... I have lost quite some weight (30+ in one and 1/2 months) yet I have not dropped sizes! I have seen post where people lose 10 lbs and drop 2 sizes... ?!?! I have lost almost 40 and no size change?

Everyone mentions how much I have lost, so I know it can be seen. But why oh why haven't my pants size changed yet?? Granted my pants are not snug, so I can notice a tiny bit - mostly in the butt and thighs. For me, I swore that I would use my pant size as my guide and not my evil scale - but that just isn't the case. I have to use my scale because nothing is happening in the pants department.

Is this odd???

My stats: 5'9", 226 and still in a sz 18 ?!?!

Pre op: 264 and sz 18

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm>!?!?!

The pix below:

2 from July 2011

1 from March 2011

All in sz 18's

post-7690-13813656927736_thumb.jpg

post-7690-1381365692787_thumb.jpg

post-7690-13813656927973_thumb.jpg

OMG you can so tell you have lost! Look at the beautiful iddy biddy waist you have!

Keep the faith soon your jeans will

Be falling off you! X x x

Unfortunately we sometimes don't lose directly in the areas that need the larger sizes, this seems to be more so for females than males. The pants will get baggy in the legs and perhaps the seat but the waist is still the same for instance. I know I am down to a 38 and should be in 36's but the waist is too tight in 36's yet, even though the legs and seat fit fine.

It will come.

Wow, I can see a major difference, congrats on your success!! It's funny because I am the opposite and it drives me crazy sometimes not to see the scales move. :rant4: But I have dropped several sizes in clothes. I think it has something to do with how we're built, how tall, etc. That's just a guess though lol. But you look terrific, so don't sweat it, you will drop sizes soon.

:)

It took a solid 50-60lbs for me to drop a pant size. I dropped top sizes way faster, but my stubborn belly fat prevented me from dropping pants sizes in the waist department. My butt/thigh shrunk, and my pants were baggy in the seat and legs.

Once I got out of the Plus sizes, I dropped and skipped over sizes with just a few pounds lost. The inches really melted off the closer to goal I got and that led to me skipping sizes.

Also, try different brands/cuts of jeans. I can wear a size 2 skinny jeans from Old Navy, but need a 4 at Charlotte Russe. The sizings are all so different, and cuts of pants really make a huge difference.

We are similar, but I am shorter :) I started at 248 lbs and in a size 18, but in reality should have been a 20......but with the knit pants I wear mostly to work there was "flex room". Now I am down to 207 and still wearing ALL of the same clothes. I had a garage sale this weekend and got rid of almost all of my 1X sweaters because they were getting too big. But almost all of my pants fit fine. I've only ditched 1 pair of capris because they were too big. I bet I can go another 20lbs without going down a size in my pants. I will let you know...........but I'm very close to needing all new underwear, it just doesn't stay where its supposed to anymore :o

Thanks for the replies! I definitely need new undies - only because my bum is shrinking. I will give it some time and see what happens. I was just so amazed to lose so much and not be able to fit my 16's yet. In due time, I suppose. That, and I need to shake this miracle overnight attitude. LOL I am hoping to wake up skinny one day!! BAWHAHAHAH

:cheers2:

I'm the same way,,,,, shrinking top to bottom...and my pants-- the waist is tight but the seat and thighs are baggy...

I'm wearing 18 pants (and 20s in some brands).. and either large or XL shirts... but mostly larges... i'm very unbalanced size-wise..

I messaged one of my friends who is a trainer, and this is what he said: " I found that most people lose weight from top/bottom to the middle."

I have to say this thread gives me hope the weight will come off, but it kind of makes me sad because I am REALLY bottom heavy. There is already a huge difference between my upper and lower body.

I can relate. I was at 235 on my surgery day, wearing a size 20W jeans. Just yesterday, I thought I'd try them on since I'm down 48lbs and guess what - they're still snug in the thighs! The waist is loose but I'm not sure I can go down a size and still squeeze my fat leg in. My fingers have yet to shrink much, too. I've always had fat sausage fingers, even when I was skinny in high school, but my size 9 wedding rings are still snug. WTF?!? At least I'm down to just 2 chins so that's something, I guess...

I think you look great, btw!

Great post! Just remember everyone loses so differently. Plus I've read how two people can be the same weight and be 6 sizes apart from each other. It is crazy and most often feel it is oddly unfair. You will see the results soon. I hear once out of plus sizes the size change dramatically will just a few pounds. So you could think of this as a positive that you still have clothes to wear for now because soon you won't be able to keep your pants up from what I hear. Good luck and btw you are doing fantastic!!:thumbup:

My fingers have slimmed down some - not much.

I really notice my face has slimmed down a lot! Which is a good thing.

No change in the upper arms - aka bat wings.

Boobies have shrunk a lil = uber bad thing LOL

Tummy - definitely looks flatter but has developed an ugly FUPA roll.. TMI I know.. :cry_smile:

Butt - all but gone LMAO

Thighs - still thick as all get out!!

Overall - I don't where the 30 lbs was lost at LOL

Just staying positive! That's all we can do!

Hugs!!

My fingers have slimmed down some - not much.

I really notice my face has slimmed down a lot! Which is a good thing.

No change in the upper arms - aka bat wings.

Boobies have shrunk a lil = uber bad thing LOL

Tummy - definitely looks flatter but has developed an ugly FUPA roll.. TMI I know.. :cry_smile:

Butt - all but gone LMAO

Thighs - still thick as all get out!!

Overall - I don't where the 30 lbs was lost at LOL

Just staying positive! That's all we can do!

Hugs!!

Have you taken actual measurements??? I was totally surprised when I took out the tape measure, and really measured my parts. It may not seem like much, and your clothes might not show the results that quickly, but a 1/2 inch here and there will really add up.

I started measuring at about 3 weeks out........probably should have been sooner but I waited for my first stall. lol

Anyway, am down over 18" from my various bits, and only a couple of those have been below the waist.......but I'm getting there :)

Tiffykins, nope I haven't measured.

I am not exercising yet so I didn't think I could be gaining muscle - in fact, I know I'm not LOL.

Might have to go buy a measuring tape.... :cheer2: