Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am about 10 days post op. I am on purees right now.

As would be expected, I still have a desire for food that is not so good for me. Seeing commercials, billboards all for food is really hard. Really, really, REALLY hard.

I don't just want to eat bad foods, but I want to eat lots of it. LOTS! I am so sick of what feels like teaspoons of bland stuff. I want a cheeseburger, chips, whatever! I just want it so bad!!!

I reckon this is head hunger, no?

How did you get over it?

Yup, head hunger. When I was sick of bland stuff, I went for spicy. I put Thai chili sauce on seafood, chicken, fish, and taco seasoning in eggs, chicken salad, and ground turkey. I ate a lot of Wendy's chili for a while with added spices. I ate Vietnamese noodle Soup (pho) whizzed in the blender. For purees, try white Beans blended with pesto sauce or black beans with taco seasoning.

The chips craving are because there's no texture to your food. When you are on solids, try one or two Pork rinds. Great crunch and not very many calories.

Wendy's chili is so satisfying and was the ONLY thing that tasted like I was actually eating during the first 4 weeks after my surgery! I got it after 3 days on purees and I think I ate it like 3-4 times a week for 2 weeks! A large chili was like 5 meals for me!! LOL

I think it is because not only was it fast food and made me feel "normal", but it was sooooo spicy and soothing! Get some, it will make you feel better!

Kelly :)

If you have a Mcallister's their chicken tortilla Soup is delish and a little spicy. Sooo good

The first two weeks were so hard, I would watch the food channel and drool and would call my friends just ask what they were making for dinner. After i was allowed real food all the things I thought I wanted to eat I didn't want it anymore. I also did have wendys chili after 3 weeks and still now 8 months later is one of my favorites, except I've learned to make really good chili now. Soon you will feel normal. Good luck, Janine

Thanks, so much. That makes me feel pretty good. And, with all of the promotion of this Wendy's chili, it really makes me want to get some.

It's crazy that all of the things you wanted in that 2 week phase, you just don't want anymore. How can that even be true? I just never see myself turning down a cheesy slice of pizza.

The first two weeks were so hard, I would watch the food channel and drool and would call my friends just ask what they were making for dinner. After i was allowed real food all the things I thought I wanted to eat I didn't want it anymore. I also did have wendys chili after 3 weeks and still now 8 months later is one of my favorites, except I've learned to make really good chili now. Soon you will feel normal. Good luck, Janine

On no I will never give up on my pizza, I have a thin slice every month. But when I started eating normal food again I was happy with just deli turkey or chili, etc. I don't think I got over head hurger but as the months went on and having little bites of things I want helps.