Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 8 weeks out, too soon?

I want a breast reduction really bad. Should I wait until my body is finished losing or start now. I noticed today that I actually do slouch to compensate the weight pulling me forward. It hurts bad.

In my opinion, it is way too soon. I'd wait until you're closer to your goal

Besides, any surgeon worth his/her salt wouldn't do it until then anyway.

Think of it this way-out it is a very painful procedure, if you did it now you'll probably okey the results, but in a year when you're at your goal, you'll wish you would've waited because the girls will be sagging. :-D

They will shrink, give them time... You really should wait until about a year post-op before you do any cosmetic surgery... that is what most of the long-timers on here suggest, to give your body time to bounce back (including your skin)... Get to your goal or very near it and re-evaluate... In the meantime, go invest in some new bras... Bras that don't fit well commonly cause back pain among us larger breasted girls... What size of bra are you wearing now??

Oh, and I agree with KristeyK... most surgeons won't do the surgery on you right now anyway... and anyone who is willing to shouldn't be trusted...

The more weight you lose, the easier the reduction will be for your recovery and for your surgeon to perform the surgery to give you the best results. Also, most honest and reliable plastic surgeons wouldn't touch a wls patient until they are about 10-15lbs of their goal weight unless their weight was being largely effected by excess skin. In most of those cases, this is common among patients that weighed 400lbs+ and have 20-40lbs of excess skin from the rapid weight loss.

I know how you feel, I went through the same thought process. The pain from my boobs was so painful and I had to slouch as well. I was a 48I when I first got my sleeve, I'm 13 weeks out now and I'm a 42DD and the pain has decreased ALOT. I hope they keep shrinking, I think yours will shrink as well and a year or so from now I'd say go for it. I know I am, I definitely need a lift :) Hope this helps

I would say wait...I went from a 40-38DD to a 36-34 C (which I LOVE)...I could use a lift otherwise I'm SUPER HAPPY :)

I had a reduction 6 years ago and let me tell you, I was in so much pain, I would not want to go through that again for ANYTHING. So like everyone else already said, just wait if you can because if you lose any weight after you have it, and you WILL lose more weight, you are gonna be sagging and need a lift. I understand about the pain, because I had it, too, but try and get some extra supportive bras until you finish your weight loss.

On the plus side, the more weight you lose, hopefully that will alleviate some of the pain because the girls will be smaller.biggrin.gif

Good lucksmile.gif