Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was June 18...

I should have started this earlier. I have a lot to say!

My surgery was performed by Jose Rodriguez through Belite, in Tiajuana. It was really a bizzarre adventure, crossing the border, language barrier, not so state of the art facilities. I was checked into an ok hotel. Taken later for EKG and bloodwork, not at a hospital, but a one floor infimary staffed with nurses. The 'Belite team' was not based there, they traveled back and forth to Juarez..

Anyhow, I won't go into much more detail, surgery was normal, everything worked out fine. I would do it all over again and even after telling the whole story, my best friend is scheduled for July 16.

The first few days my incisions were painful enough that I leaned on the pain releivers they provided... toridol I believe. Non narcotic. I was able to tolerate all the Clear Liquids I tried, Water, Soup broth, juice, my favorite thing was Passion tea from Starbucks. I was able to eat (after chewing a long while) gummy vitamins and swallow pills with a little dragging feeling but not much pain. Getting up and moving always seemed to be the best medicine.

SO I'll skip through to now, about 3 weeks later.

I'll start with the biggest pay-off of course, I have lost 30 pounds since my starting weight of 236. I lost 10 pounds pre-op and 20 more since. I m losing about a pound a day.

I honestly can't really tell, but other people have noticed. I'm still squeezing into my pants.

My struggles change daily. I sip water all day but it never seems to be enough. I am working on getting at least one Protein Shake in daily. I stop by the fridge and take a sip whenever I think of it. I am starting to incorporate the soft foods that have been recommended. So far I have tolerated pretty well about a half of a scrambled egg, cottage cheese, small amounts of yogurt, noodles are great... not very nutritious. I went out for sushi. Toro was fantastic though I ate too much. I think the thing that pushed me over the edge was drinking a little plum wine.

Speaking of alcohol... I used to love vodka. I really still do but it hurts to drink it and makes me feel like crap. It 's a funny thing, all of the things I turned to for comfort have disappeared. Thank God for anti-depressants!

Some mornings it takes me an hour or so to work through some kind of morning sickness I've developed. I took some advice from a member of having some juice before I get out of bed and that seems to help a bit. I am thinking of switching from Prevacid to something else. I have only thrown up twice, once when I took a pill and it stuck in my throat, and another time when I ate cottage cheese too fast.

It is getting better every day, though I am always worried about nutrition. I am figuring things out... sometimes the hard way which is just really being over full.

I'll be much more excite when I am under 200 and can slide into some 14's!

Welcome and i'm so glad all well good with you . . . your doing great! Keep up the good work and in no time flat you'll be wearing those 14s you want to slide into!

Welcome! It sounds like to me you are doing just fine! It seems to be a slow process at first. If I had any suggestions...which I don't know if I'm technically allowed to give yet. I haven't had surgery yet. Maybe try to drink some G2 (gator-aid) to help balance out your Vitamins and minerals. That said...I don't know what vitamins or minerals you are already taken. Just my personal fear of getting low potassium. Everyone seems to have to overeat at least once or twice to learn their lesson. I'm sure I will be right in there with everyone else. You are doing great with your weightloss. Keep up the good work! Each day will get better!

:)

I've been stuck at 205 for 3 or 4 days. Frusterating. It seems like if I eat any carbs I stall out. (yesterday we were at an event at the fairgrounds and I ate some kettle corn) Maybe it's just normal but after losing almost daily, It is a little disappointing,

I've been stuck at 205 for 3 or 4 days. Frusterating. It seems like if I eat any carbs I stall out. (yesterday we were at an event at the fairgrounds and I ate some kettle corn) Maybe it's just normal but after losing almost daily, It is a little disappointing,

Don't worry-stairstep loss is so normal.

I have experienced the same thing. My surgery was 6/22 I dropped quite a bit the first 2 weeks (29#) and then when I started incorporating similar items, things have stalled out. I even gained 3# and all I'm doing is eating a scrambled egg, a little cottage cheese, apple sauce, and such. I'm hoping my body is just adjusting and things will start moving again. I can't see how I can gain on what little I am eating, much less what I am eating- but from reading other people's posts it seems to be normal.