Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to this --- am in Ottawa and wonder if there are any other Ottawa bandsters ( or potential bandsters) out there that would like to get together. I know that there are support groups in other cities - why not ours?

please PM me with contact info if you're interested.

I just want to say this out loud:

I am addicted to ribs. Pork back ribs. (just discovered that they are the better when you have a choice between back and side ribs)

It started with me attempting to make greek ribs, which turned out great. I'd never even TRIED BBQ ribs before, but the night Dan proposed, he took me to Montana's, and I tried them, and have since been trying several different preparations of my own. I even made them in a slow cooker last week, and they were pretty good. I had to add extra sauce, and broil em at the end, but....mmmmmm.

Last night I made some by 'slow cooking' on a rack, in a Water filled pan, covered with foil, in the oven at 325 for 2.5 hours, then saucing/broiling/flipping like 5 times per side with some Tony Romas sauce from costco that I decided to give a try. They pretty much fell off the bone, although not as bad as the Crockpot version, which was a good thing.

I love them, and I'm only slightly ashamed to admit it.

If anyone wants to add any rib cooking tips, feel free... :rolleyes:

Also... once I find out whether or not I'm leaving NB, I'll decide whether to start back at the gym. If I stay here, I'm going to join Curves. There's one VERY close to my apartment, and ideally, I'd go there in the morning before work.

Argon, Where are you off to? A new job? or just moving?

So, Angel Bear... does that mean you're 121lbs right now?! How tall are you? How is your skin situation? Do you have pictures? I must see you!!

Vancouver should welcome you with open arms. Lots of jobs available, housing may be a problem. Job market is hot. Doddie

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post a little update for anyone interested!

Enjoying a weekend Dan-free! :) He's gone to Ottawa until tomorrow for some interviews at the Ottawa International Animation Festival, and he'll be back tomorrow. After dropping him off, I swung by Sport Chek to see if they had this winter jacket I'd just for fun tried on several weeks ago, and they did, and it was on sale! When I'd first tried it on, I was looking for a XL, and was disappointed when there wasn't one, but saw a large, and thought "Ha, what the heck!" tried it on, and it fit... and was roomy! So I tried a medium and it was a little tight, but ok. Anyways, this time, I tried it on and it was perfect, which is nice, cause I haven't lost much, but its good to see I'm still shrinking. So I bought it... a freakin' MEDIUM jacket!! Last winter I bought a XL jacket that was a little snug, and I was so excited about THAT! Wooo!

Here I am, strikin' a pose:

I heard back about one of the jobs I applied for in Vancouver, but they wanted someone more local :) I replied that I was MORE than willing to get my butt out there ASAP, but nothing more from them yet. We have a friend working there, and he's already put in a good word for me, and really thinks I'll hear back AGAIN soon, so... I hope so.

If not, Dan just called me, and he said that things went really well in all of his interviews. He's quite sure that he's gonna get a job out of at least one of these interviews for sure. Quite possibly one in Oakville! So, who knows, I could be local sometime soon, ladies!!! Yay! You're gonna be seeing me at ALL the events! Maybe ;)

I've been peeking at the scale inbetween weigh-ins and I've been seeing glimpses of the 150's, so I'm reeeeeeally hoping it says it again on Wed, so I can change my ticker and be there for REAL!

Hope you're all doing well,

Take care!

Mandi

post-206047-13813135514321_thumb.jpg

Oh Mandi you are such an inspiration - you have done so incredibly well and you have a shape! I may be quite a bit older than you, but I am so looking forward to getting to that state - imagine 150 lbs - the last time I saw that number in relation to me, it was 1982. Sigh...

Hope you do get back this way - it would be fun to meet you.

Cindy

Thanks Cindy, haha, I think it was probably 1982 when *I* was last in the 150's! :) Well, maybe not QUITE! But it's been a loooong time. I don't remember ever 150lbs.

Loriely, it could be Oakville, Ottawa, or Toronto... or Vancouver. He had interviews with companies from all thos places. Regardless, as long as it isn't Vancouver, you guys'll be seeing alot of me! Ottawa's far, but not far enough to keep me away from everything! Dr. Cobourn will wish he never included so much after care... I've got alot to make up for :)

Mandi girl you are looking fanfriggintastic!!! What happens if you get a job in Vancouver and Dan the man gets a job in Ottawa or Oakville, hmmmm...

It kinda depends who gets the job first! The job Dan would get would pay muuuuch better than mine would, so at least we'd be ok for a little bit until I found something in ON! and thank you :car:

The good thing is that now that we're engaged, I don't think I'll get the 'why are you following him around the country?" comments from family! That always made me mad!

I hope you end up in Oakville. At least then we would see you at lunches and stuff. You'd have plenty of company here fo sho!

Mandi, you look so awesome !! Getting to the 150's must be such an incredible feeling - I am hoping to get down there too!

Hope you relocate closer to us so we can meet u at the lunches!

And what is this about the ribs ??????? DONT BE ASHAMED ---

A meat LOVER, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! By the way, I swear by Curves, I go three times a week and totally LOVE IT!!!! You do your thing and your out in 30 minutes. Have been successful with it before, before bandland. Have joined up again and lovin it!

Rose