Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! newbee here..plesae help!!

Hi to you all :wave:

ive opted to have the sleeve.. :scared0:

I have a very big hernia were my C section scar is.. this is from 13 yrs ago.. and on my right side I have a big lump.. which is Fluid from the hernia. :cry_smile im now in so much pain

the doc said he might do the hernia opp at the same time as the one for my weight...

I have Fluid in my feet and legs...last year I had pneumonia and and have severe sleep apnoea..I lost my job last year due to ill heath!! I have trouble just bending and I get puffed just walking up one flight of stairs.:faint:

the list goes on.. oh just put me down now :Dancing_tongue:

This will be at kings collage hosp in London.uk.. and I live in rainham Kent.. I have to travel by train...

how will this affect me after the opp..it takes over a hour to get home..

im worried that ill have trouble as I love food!! :hungry:

Ive been to see the doc in London again,,,yet again saw a different doc. last time I went up was December.. he put me on the waiting list TODAY!! :mad0:

Ive got to have a MRI scan on Fri 8th July, the doc said the lump in my liver is 1.4cm..im getting worried!!! :scared0:

The waiting time to have the opp is 5-6mths.. my hernia has got bigger its now from my C sectionon scar to my navel... :crying:

they will do both the hernia and sleeve opp at the same time.. he said ill be in HDU overnight as I will have to have tube in as I stop breathing when im asleep. :scared0:

they will let me know when im having the opp 10 days before hand..there not putting me on any diet before hand but they want me to loose weight before..

Can anyone tell me what is the best diet to go on before and ill do it 10 days before to help!!

:thankyou:

Debs

Debs, welcome sounds like you are taking the horse by the reins and getting all ready for your op. It seems that there are few consistencies as far as preop dieting goes. I personally went all liquid which consisted of Soups, jelly, tea and coffee (decaf), Protein Drinks, blended fruit and vegetable drinks and loads of gazpacho! I did only Clear Liquids three days before surgery. However, you have several months until your op so I wouldn't recommend you do all liquids for that long. Personally, I would eat normally for about a week or so but input everything I eat into a website or program that gives you a breakdown of Proteins, fats, sugars, carbs,etc. I use myfitnesspal.com but there are several others. This will give you a baseline on the types of areas you can work on. Then you can start adjusting your intake to balance out your nutrition and reduce your caloric intake. I don't think your train ride will be too much of a worry. I am excited for you! You will be a new woman sans hernia and new little tum.

Well ive had my MRI..

had to lay there with my arms above my head for an hour....my arms are killing me!

I still cant lift my right arm up.. it feels so heavy and hurts..i have fun getting dressed and putting my hair up..

cant even lift a cup of tea up!!

oh well i have to wait 10 days not 7 for the results!!

Hi Debs

I'm very, very overweight and had my sleeve operation done on Tuesday. Two weeks before that I went on a very low calorie diet, it consisted of just a 3tblsp helping of Cereal (no added sugar) semi skimmed milk, for lunch I had two crispbreads with either a boiled egg or 10z of cheese - and for my evening meal I had a 2oz portion of either meat or fish with salad or veg - I was also allowed one pot of low fat yogurt, and two portions of fruit per day. I did that for six days and then I went onto the clear liquids only diet - which meant black tea, coffee, sugar free juices, I was allowed batchelor's (not that I want to mention brand names) low calorie minestrone Soup, with all the bits sieved out - sugar free jellies, and if I fancied it a stock cube made into a hot drink.< /span>

I was amazed to find I lost over 20lbs in the two weeks before the operation.

The surgeon was soooo pleased with me - he told me before the operation how well I'd done - and the following two days when he came to check on me, told me again how well I'd done and how me losing so much weight had really made the operation as simple as it should be! Believe me, the diet was well worth sticking to - just to hear him say it and know the operation wasn't as difficult as it might have been.

I've got five tiny little scars (I know they have to be tiny due to the size of the plasters) even the one they said was the largest is only about an inch and a half. I can't believe I only had pain killers for less than 24 hours - I had the catheter removed a few hours after the op and was sat talking to visitors that afternoon and evening.

I am so much better than I expected to be (although I did hear that I'd been quite a while in the recovery room) I haven't been sick - and I'm able to do everything for myself.

I do hope my story will fill you with confidence and that losing weight will make a real difference to your operation and recovery. I don't regret mine for a moment.

Like you, I couldn't go up a flight of stairs, my ankles and lower legs were full of Water and I feel more 'human' already.

Very best wishes and add me as a friend if you'd like to keep in touch

Hi Debs and welcome!

Just to ease your mind a bit, most (actually EVERY) case I've heard of, the hernia was repaired at the same time so don't worry, be thankful this is the case! It won't make a bit of difference so don't worry, ok? Easier said than done, I know!

You will be astounded at what this surgery will do for you! You'll be so much healthier and live much longer...that's what's important, right? I agree, it sounds like you're taking the bull by the horns and taking charge of your life. GOOD FOR YOU! I'm so happy and excited for you and I wish I could make time go faster because I know the waiting for it is the hardest part. It really is! Once it's done you're like ... "That's IT?! SERIOUSLY?!" ...it's that easy. Like I said, it felt like I'd been doing a lot of sit ups or crunches and that was the extent of the pain. Tired? YES. When you get home you'll want to rest and take it easy.

I had a little over 5 hour car ride up and through and around a damn goat path, or that's what it felt like LOL Through tons of mountains so the ride sucked! I made it and you will too! Yes it's sucky but it will all be ok I promise ;)

xoxo's, Renee`

Thank you both for helping me and making me feel a bit more at ease!!

when i go i will have to travel on 2 trains and walk up and down stairs.. im a bit worred that when i have to come home ill have trouble walking and climbing all the stairs..

thanks

debs