Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My new bladder...is this okay?

I hope this isn't TMI but I am concerned about it...I used to be the typical lady who had to use the restroom quite frequently. Since my surgery, I noticed that my bladder has been like cast Iron. I only void 2 or 3 times a day. I am getting in at least 40 to 60 oz of Water and other fluids every day. Sometimes I feel thirsty and sometimes not. I have had kidney infections in the past and they never could figure out why. I don't want to hurt my self but am actually enjoying not having to take all those bathroom breaks. Any thoughts??

Thank you so much!!,

Laura

I don't go as much as I use to either. Some days is more than others, but definatley not like I used to.

I think and I am not a dr. by any means! That it is because a lot of the food we used to eat had Water in it and now that we can not eat as much a lot of that Water is not in our bodies any longer. Could that be possible? I use to eat lots of veggies and fruit and now I can't. Make sense?

I hope someone else chimes in here.

Kelly :mellow:

As we lose weight, the pressure on the bladder is also decreased, perhaps this is why. I also used to go way more frequently than I do now.

Cheers

I noticed (and LOVE) the same thing. I just assumed that there must be extra room for the bladder to expand since 80% of the stomach moved out. Now, I'm curious for the real reason too!

Well, you opened the door, I'm walking right on through. hehe

Not only do I not go as often, until I lost weight, I thought I had bladder problems. I didn't.

I thought, ok you're in your 50's, you've had a couple of kids, these things happen. I didn't full out wet myself, but if I coughed or sneezed, it was enough that I had to wear a panty liner for protection. After getting my sleeve, my next step was to get my bladder fixed...It's fixed, lol.

I guess my huge tummy bearing down on my poor little bladder literally scared the pee out of it. All I know is, problem solved.

Thank you everyone...I too appreciate the freedom of not being tethered to the ladies room. Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Laurabiggrin.gif

This was the first thing I noticed after surgery, no need for a pantyliner anymore! I was so happy because my family always joked that I have a hamster bladder. I just couldn't hold it as long as other people, I had to go more often. Now, I'm like you, 3 or 4 times a day and I'm ok. At first I was like AHHHHH! so THIS is what it's like to be normal! lol

Same here...I'm 4 months out & still only go about 3 times a day & it's very little then. Im glad to see it's not just me I was starting to worry. I think we're ok. I know I drink a lot less because I used to gulp down tons of water.now its just small sips

can't wait for that to be me. I get up at least 2xs a night to go.. and on a bad day I'll go 8 or 9 times just while i'm at work. Part of the reason I never go anywhere...even on meds, the damn thing will just release and I have to walk funny to the restroom.. humiliating

It was very humiliating and embarrassing. I didn't even tell my own family because it was horrible. I really thought "mkay, I'm 41, had 3 kids...yadda yadda" and I thought I'd have to have surgery on my bladder but nope, this surgery fixed it. WOOT! so happy about that!

Renee`

For at least 5 years I have had to get up 2-3 times EVERY night without fail. I noticed the first night I came home after surgery, that I didn't have to get up at all. I was amazed, and still am! I've never gone much during the day. I can go at 9am in the morning, go out for the day, and not go until I come home at 6pm. I know that must be bad for you, but I just never needed to go! Why then did I have to get up 3 times during the night? I used to think I needed to educate my body back to going normally during the day, so that I could go through the night, it was almost as if I was backwards :blink:

So, I don't know if it is because the bladder has more room now, whether the bladder was squashed more at night when I lie down???? Anyway, I go through the night about 95% of the time now, and it's so much better not to have disturbed sleep :D

Oh, one thing I did read the other day is that Diet Coke (or Pepsi Max in my case) makes you wee more. I used to live on the stuff, and obviously now I don't, so that could be a factor.