Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah, I didn't have a BM until I started drinking Protein drinks and Soup...plain Water wasn't enough but anything with calories in it worked. How long have you been off IV/drinking fluids? And are you on any narcotic painkillers like oxy or vicodin?

I'd take a Fiber suppliment if I were you...metamucil or benefiber mixed into one of your Protein Drinks should help :D

I didn't have a BM until I was on pureed foods. I passed alot of gas and that helped relieve the pressure.

Why are you sleeping girl? Get up and move! If you want to start to feel more normal, you need to start getting back to a normal routine. Your bowels are pretty empty, I wouldn't worry too much about no BM just yet. For me, anything that was really sweet would usually help with that. Being active will also help, general anesthesia slows the gut down and you haven't really had any food yet. Try maybe only taking a short nap in the afternoon if you have to but then being up, doing low key things around the house the rest of the day. Good luck!

I have to disagree with Kathy here. Remember, this is a major surgery and if CB is anything like me it took a lot out of me. I NEEDED that sleep because when you're sleeping, you're healing. I also happen to have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, but I don't think either of those played a part in it, I was absolutely exhausted and recovering from surgery and my body was adjusting to having zero to very little nutrition.

CB, take it easy. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! If you need to sleep, don't feel guilty, sleep! You're not very far out at all and there is plenty of time to get up and get moving. Right now, focus on recovering and getting your fluids in. As far as BM's go, sometimes the dye they give you for leak tests will make you go, but right now there just isn't anything to "move" through you. It'll happen don't worry and probably in the form of diarrhea because you're on liquids.

Good luck and grats on the surgery!

Renee`

I started to feel better when I got home it was crazy in hospital I felt like i was dying as if i was sooooooooooo tired I couldnt keep my eyes open but I also couldnt sleep it was the worst feeling, And when I got home i guess 2 days after surgery is when I was able to go to the bathroom, and each day the pain is subsiding, The most annoying part is still haveing the drain in while at home and I cant lift my baby much but just watching her play is great.. I wouldnt be soooooo worried about going to the bathroom just dont think about it and drink lots of liquids I put those 0 calorie flavors in the Water to spice it up lol i do broth and Jello which is just becoming soo blahhh and i drink and Optifast once a day and that seeems to wk!!!!! But like the other person said just try to do as much as a regular routine with people around you and I bet you will feel better soon!!!! Gooood LucK

All I do is sleep and still havent had a number two yet - which I just called the doctor about it. the nausea is the worst, but I am keeping the full liquids down. I burp a lot and pass gas a lot but no number two. anyone else have this?

I am one week post op today and thankfully feel great. I did have some bloated issues about day 3 but GasX was a lifesaver. I was taking 2 about every 4 hours. Also, I am concerned with your being so tired... that is also a sign of dehydration. If your urine is dark in color... another sign. May need fluids... Drink lots of Water.

I didn't have a BM till 5 days post op. I was sleeved June 27. It will happen, don't push and strain. Good luck

I had a BM 5 days after surgery and it was the worst one of my entire life. I hope to never go through that again.

Well, you could always try prune juice... :D

KIDDING! don't drink prune juice or you'll be on the potty groaning and cursing my name for hours LOL It'll happen when it's supposed to because as we all know...

**** happens!

omg...I must be too sleepy this morning LOL

Renee`

I understand you are tired and recovering, but as others have said, try to walk and get your liquids in. If you're sleeping all the time, you can't be getting in enough fluids and this will lead to dehydration. Plus pain pills will keep you from going. But in the beginning, it's just weird. Hope you feel better soon!

When I was first sleeved I took two naps a day - one in the late morning, the other in the late afternoon. When I was awake, I tried to be as active as possible. It was cold and rainy outside, so I walked at costco and the Mall. I went back to work after 2 weeks off, but really think I needed a third week. Try to balance as much rest as possible with light activity.

About the BM. Upon my Doctor's advice, I had to take milk of magnesia to get things started. I only needed one dose.