Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YellowRose, you are brave and so funny. I'm so glad you are doing well. I hope your flight is comfortable. I am looking forward to reading more of your story and of course, your progress. Wishing you a super speedy recovery!!!!!!

So happy to hear you are doing okay! I am in the Houston area as well and getting my sleeve on 7/11/11. Please keep us posted on your recovery so I know what I can expect!!!

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope the flight was comfortable and everything goes well back in the States. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Wow. I have been sleeping! It has felt great!

I'll go back to Mexico in a bit for my story because there's a LOT more to cover, but WARNING must be given.

I'm not trying to be funny or gross but it is just a fact. You may have diaharia as a result (drinking juices). I WAS concerned on the plane ride home. If I had known I might have worn a pad or something just in case. I did not have a problem until I got home, but there was a definite risk factor!!

The reality of the pain.

Pain is a relative term. I have a very high pain tolerance. I was a little surprised that I felt so weak. I couldn't catch my breath. For the first day and 1/2 I kept hoping I was going to feel better sooner! I had gas when I had my tubes tied many years ago. The gas settled in my shoulders and it was painful. For ME, this time around, I did not experience that. The "gas" pain was just general pressure. And yes, the slow walking and moving helped.

So to some people that pain is bad. I kept waiting for "bad" but I only got "weak" feeling and could not take deep breaths.

Three ladies there a day before us were able to go shopping and such. It gave me hope that I WOULD feel better in a matter of hours. The reverse of that, AFTER the "shopping" ladies left to go home, two new ladies were brought in. One was trying to do what the rest of us were doing, but the other one went to bed. I KNOW what she was thinking.... " what in the heck have I done". She didn't want/feel like talking. Her husband was with her looking kind of bewildered. Everyone told him what she needed to be doing but bless his heart he was

... He was sort of at a loss because she just stayed in the bed. Hopefully she got up after a while!

I did sleep and rest a lot myself.

LEAK TEST 101

Yiyeeee. Not as bad as getting a nail in your foot, but not in the top 10 of things to do. I guess it depends upon the person. This may or may not work for you but I was willing to try anything. It IS going to make you nauseated so ask for an anti-nausea shot when they give you the little bottle of purple dye. It sort of has a slightly metallic taste. Then go get your most favorite Popsicle from the freezer. Okay... Find a cool, comfortable spot and allow plenty of time. We were told we had 1 hour so I sipped, sucked, and then relaxed. S-l-o-w-l-y.

I remember a friend telling me one time about how to take tequila shots - he said inhale first, drink, then exhale. That way the smell is blown out which lessens the taste. Lol. It worked. Guess that made the popsicle my "salt lick" lol. I got almost all of it down but left a little bit in the bottle. Just ran out of popsicle and couldn't do it.

Also wiping your tongue with a paper towel or a towel before taking it will lessen the taste.

To be honest, one night without a/c and I would have been killing someone. Seriously, you may think since I live in Vegas that I would be more used to the heat than others. NOT TRUE! I live in my house with the a/c cranked as low as it goes...I'm a fat girl and I need cold air dangit! Seriously, if I found out about the no a/c thing before surgery, that would be a deal breaker for me. I'd cancel. I stood outside while in Mexico for a few minutes at a time while I smoked. I came in and my face was totally red and I was sticky, hot and miserable.

I'm glad you were ok and it was cool enough for you!

Renee`

Just spent the past 45 minutes typing out the rest of the story. Hit "reply" and it dissappeard.

sigh.

will try again later.

Yellowrose you can't keep us hanging, I was in a hurry to get to my computer to see the rest of the story. You are a great storyteller.

Umm.... Wow. :blink:

I can't imagine. It's like something out of a nightmare.

Also wiping your tongue with a paper towel or a towel before taking it will lessen the taste.

To be honest, one night without a/c and I would have been killing someone. Seriously, you may think since I live in Vegas that I would be more used to the heat than others. NOT TRUE! I live in my house with the a/c cranked as low as it goes...I'm a fat girl and I need cold air dangit! Seriously, if I found out about the no a/c thing before surgery, that would be a deal breaker for me. I'd cancel. I stood outside while in Mexico for a few minutes at a time while I smoked. I came in and my face was totally red and I was sticky, hot and miserable.

I'm glad you were ok and it was cool enough for you!

Renee`

The weather in Tijuana/San Diego is great, no need for an A/C. I love my A/C but high temps in the 70's, that is fantastic. I live in Texas and I would love that right now. If I had surgery here in Texas and they did not have A/C, I would have cancelled in a minute. It is a different experience at the clinic but I would not trade it for anything. The care was fantastic and there is no substitute for experience.

Kemo I'm glad you said that. I have talked to A LOT of people who have gone to Dr. Almanza and nobody has complained about heat or anything else. That is not to say Yellow rose is, I think she's painted a very good picture of the experience but some people seem to be responding as thought the experience is going to be like broke down palace. My friend Sandra and I are having surgery there in a few weeks and we both agree that for the money we're saving we can suck it up a little on the amenities and use that extra $1,000 to $1,500 for a one year anniversary vacation.