Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS of TX, Il, NM

BANDLANDIA APPLAUDS LAP-BAND REIMBURSEMENT

APPROVAL BY BLUE CROSS / BLUE SHIELD

Cynthia Jones, founder of Dallas-based Bandlandia, Inc. (www.Bandlandia.com) said today, “We are extremely pleased that Blue Cross / Blue Shield has approved Lap Band surgery for its patients. The lap band procedure is the least invasive and safest of all weight loss surgery options and we have been working towards this day for quite a long time. The Lap Band will save many lives among the Blue Cross / Blue Shield patients.”

Cynthia Jones, among the first U.S patients to have the lap band procedure, founded Bandlandia to offer after care options for those who have had the surgery.

Blue Cross / Blue Shield has approved the lap band procedure for the more than 6.8 million patients in Texas, Illinois and New Mexico. Blue Cross / Blue Shield will now provide medical coverage and reimbursements for implantation of the Lap Band System for the treatment of morbid obesity.

Inamed’s Lap Band System provides a life=saving option for the morbidly obese that is safer, less invasive and as effective in weight loss resolution or improvement of obesity-related health conditions as gastric bypass surgery.

Guest ladylobo7

Can you tell me if Blue Cross/Blue Shield of FLORIDA covers the Lap-band Surgery? I can get a letter of medical necess. from my doctors due to my medical history, so that would not be a problem. Thanks!

I believe they do. Remember, each insurance is different for each company. I would go to www.lap-band.com and find a surgeon locator. The surgeon's office should be able to tell you what your insurance can do!

Cynthia

Guest ladylobo7

Thank you so very much! I was able to find 2 surgeons who do the banding not far from where I live and will be checking into the insurance coverage, a consultation/meetings next. I appreciate your reply. You have been a great help!

Thanks, I too was able to find a surgeon via www.lap-band.com they emailed me a list of surgeons before I'd even completed the registration.

I've called Dr. Sidney Rohrscheib for information. Have any of you heard of him, or been a patient of his?

The receptionist I talked to seemed very nice, and answered most of my questions without hesitation.

My insurance bc/bs of IL wants 1 year of monthly md visits specifically for weight loss...out of my pocket of course. I've done the dr visits for diet, but they've all been a failure over the years, causing me to gain in the end. I've given up on that route long ago.

Originally posted by Cynthia

I believe they do. Remember, each insurance is different for each company. I would go to www.lap-band.com and find a surgeon locator. The surgeon's office should be able to tell you what your insurance can do!

Cynthia

Bless your heart. Thanks to this site, I found a surgeon a lot closer to home! The other one I was considering was over 2 hours away from me, this one is only 45 minutes away. I really appreciate the link.

This site is terrific. I've never met so many wonderful, helpful, and supportive people in my life. Thanks, everyone.

Glad I could help. The band was the best thing that ever happened to me and I think everyone should have one. Keep us posted on your progress. Where are you located and who is your new surgeon?

Cynthia

Originally posted by Cynthia

BANDLANDIA APPLAUDS LAP-BAND REIMBURSEMENT

APPROVAL BY BLUE CROSS / BLUE SHIELD

Thanks Cynthia! This is good to know. My brother and his wife have BCBS and they were just asking about this last week.