Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Embarrassing, nasty man probelm

This is a real issue and I'm sorry if it offends anyone. This is about the only site I regularly visit that is related to health so I thought I'd bring it up and see if anyone had any ideas.

When the wife and I made whoopie last week ago I noticed my seminal discharge had a slight yellow color to it. I thought it was odd but was not concerned. Last night we did it again and I noticed this time it was BROWN. Nasty looking and kind of scary too. This morning we tried again for no other reason then to check it's color and it was brown again. I've searched online and a few suggestions are blood in the semen, perhaps due to a broken blood vessel, perhaps because of an injury to the testes..

Well I don't remember doing and injury to the "boys" but I have been exercising a lot lately. I swim Monday and Wednesday's for 1/12 hours for about 2 miles total each day. I swim an hour on Fridays for about 1 1/3 miles. I ride a stationary bike Tuesdays and Thursdays for 1/2 hour each day and then do about 1/2 hour resistance training too. Could I be "traumatizing" my testes with all of this? I feel no pain and have no stinging when I urinate, just dark semen.

Anyone ever experience this? Could it be due to diet? I don't eat anything unusual or anything in excess. I'm going on 7 months post-op for my sleeve and am still losing between 2 and 4 pounds a week.

I've never heard of it, but I would make an appointment with a urologist just to have it checked out. I'm betting you're fine, but yeah... it's a little weird. Maybe you're just rusty ;)

Occasionally a small injury to a prostatic vein does stain the prostatic Fluid and thus the ejaculate brown. It may not be of any significance but recurrence demands an urological opinion.

Semen appearance and texture can change naturally over the course of months, days, or even from one ejaculation to another, due to a variety of factors including diet.

Semen from a mature male is usually a milky or pearly-white color. It is not uncommon to see a yellowish tint to the semen if you've abstained from ejaculation for a while. Semen colored with red streaks may signify blood. If you occasionally see a bit of blood it's not necessarily a cause for alarm, but if you see a lot of it, or if it persists, the condition should be brought to the attention of your physician. The same goes any other drastic color changes, which may indicate infection.

A lot of factors go into the appearance and consistency of semen, including diet, ejaculation frequency, etc., so changing any of these can alter the way your semen looks. Also, it's easy to think that semen is simply sperm cells in Water, but it's a much more complex substance than that. So it may have been the absence or presence of something other than actual sperm cells — such as sugars or Proteins — that caused your semen to look different before.

A nocturnal ejaculation may have more prostatic Fluid in it (which is whiter and thicker), while a daytime ejaculation may have more sperm and fluid from the seminal vesicles, which tends to be more clear and less viscous.

If your semen is stained with a red or brown colored fluid it may well be blood. Sometimes a small blood vessel may burst when you ejaculate. Within a day or two the semen should return to its normal state so there should be no need to worry. If it continues then you should see your doctor. Blood in semen may be present for many different reasons, such as infection, trauma and sometimes, but rarely, cancer. Normal semen may have an off-white or yellowy hint to the color. Where semen is uncharacteristically yellow in color it is a sign of infection, treatment is simple with antibiotics.

idunno- but having sex 3 times-

deserves a WOOT!

Thanks! :embaressed_smile:

Ferris Bueller you're my hero!

LMAO

Unfortunately, the only really good advice we can give is to see your doctor, as this isn't normal. You could do a testes self-check, since this is the only really at-home test you can perform, but the odds that this dark semen is due to testicular cancer are vanishing.

Hopefully this has self-resolved. Should still see the doc, though.