Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not quite 4 weeks out and this sounds delicious! Thanks!!

Well was going over the recipe section and found a Peanut Butter ball recipe:

1 cup Peanut Butter (microwave to melt)

1 cup oats

1 scoop Protein powder

5 packets splenda

Stir together, form into balls and cool in refrigerator.

Made some of these but found the "oats" did not go down well even though they get soft in the refrig after a while. So I remade the balls with two scoops of Protein Powder ( I used Jay Robb Unflavored 26 grams Protein per scoop and no carbs) and no oats and these are great.

Thinking I should have used the chocolate flavor and added to the peanutbutter like Reeses.

Well at least the protein powder is going to some use as I am unable to stomach the shakes. And the peanut butter is a protein too! Just a thought for those like me having trouble getting any protein down right now. (I am 4 weeks out).

Hey Kelly,

Splenda measures spoon for spoon to sugar! so if the recipe calls for 1/2 tsp of sugar you would use 1/2 tsp of Splenda Granular. We only buy the Huge Econo bags too, but since my dad is diabetic, i do most of his baking with it!

HTH

Patti

WOW!! Thanks.

Probably would be on the bag too if I would have just looked!! LOL

Thanks, :D

Kelly

Someone mentioned Rice krispies, I would try one of the Chex cereals slightly crushed up for this. My kids LOVE all of the Chex cereals so, I'm thinking the Wheat or Honey Nut. Maybe even the Multi Bran sounds like it may be good! Just a thought, and the Honey nut are gluten free!!!

Edit to add: I just checked the stats online, and the Rice checks actually have the best stats among them all!

I'm going to try this! My mom used to make something called "Protein Balls" that were 1 cup Peanut Butter, 1 cup honey, 1 cup oats, 1 cup Protein powder, 1/2 cup wheat germ, 1/2 cup sesame seeds. Then she would roll them into little balls and then in coconut. Yum! You can also substitute almond butter and make it healthier.

those sound really yum. . . but BEWARE of the coconut. . . it doesn't digest well and gets into a ball and causes A LOT OF PAIN!!!! take it from someone who knows! Good luck!

I made these the other day. I doubled the Protein powder (in triple chocolate flavor). Inside of oats, I added Spanish peanuts. Each " pb ball" is around 12 protein and 7 carbs ( a little high in calories though- it's like 260!!) o so yummy!!!

This does seems yummy, how many pb balls does it make. If it makes 20 it came up for me- 98 cal, 6 carbs and 4 grams of Protein. I would freeze it and use it as a snack when I want something sweet.

those sound really yum. . . but BEWARE of the coconut. . . it doesn't digest well and gets into a ball and causes A LOT OF PAIN!!!! take it from someone who knows! Good luck!

Good call, thanks for the reminder! I was considering making these... would've been a bad time for me.

I JUST TRIED THEM WITH GRANOLA CLUSTERS YOU KNOW THE KIND THAT YOU PUT IN YOUR YOGURT? WELL IT IS THE BOM!!!!

Chef Neil....now that I am adding in some soft meats, crab, tuna etc it is easier to add in the Protein. I have been trying to eat small protein "snacks/meals" all throughout the day 5-6 as I really can't eat more than 1/2 a cup of anything right now and except for the Unjury chicken broth I am not having much luck with shakes. I have been using these for my afternoon "snack". I made them the other day with 3 scoops of powder and one cup of peanutbutter and they came out good too....so you could prob go down on the 1 cup peanutbutter if you wanted.

I finally made these, and they are SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! I am very excited to have a treat that doesn't kill my diet. Here is how I made them:

I cup Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter (my favorite)

2 scoops of Pure Protein Frosty chocolate Protein powder

5 packets of Splenda

(I did not do the oats, but increased the protein powder instead.)

I melted the Peanut Butter in the microwave before adding the other ingredients. It was too hard to form into balls when it was still warm and melty, so I let it sit on the counter for about an hour first. Then I made the balls and let them sit in the fridge for a few hours.

I split mine into 13 (relatively) even balls; it comes out to (per ball):

Calories=86

Total Carbs=3

Fat=6

Protein=6

These stats are based on the brands of ingredients I used

I have found my new favorite treat/snack!