Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a vitamin - and size matters......

I've been taking 1/2 of a chewable bariatric Vitamin each day. An entire one makes me sick. So I'm now 2 months out and I decided to try an entire one today and within 5 minutes I was sick. I'm glad I didn't order more. I feel like I wasted a Sunday.

So after the worst of it passed I went to the store and looked at Vitamins. I can swallow a pill pretty well so I think I just need to get off of these chewables and onto a regular vitamin. So I picked up a liquid SoftGel Multi for Her by Nature Made. I should have noted that there was no guide on the bottle that showed the ACTUAL pill size. Well, this thing looks like a horse pill. It is literally over 1 inch long and pretty big around. Honestly, I would think it would be considered a choking hazard.

So I tried using search on this site but didn't come up with any details that would help me. Can anyone suggest a brand of pills that are easy to swallow? I have the good old standard "One A Day" and I'm thinking about falling back on it with additional supplements. I'd rather take 10 pills than try to take one huge one.

If you are using a reasonably sized multi vitamin that is easy to swallow could you let me know the name. I don't want to waste any more money trying to find a single pill that will work. I'd rather just go buy the lot.

My nut recommended Celebrate capsules. You take three per day. I ordered them online and they came in just a couple. I had gotten to where I was skipping my Bariatric Advantage chewables because they were SO sour to me. These capsules are just regular size and designed specifically for bariatric patients.

The bariatric Vitamins made me sick about 4 weeks out. They never bothered me before that and one day, I just felt awful and did every day after. I told my nut when she called to advance my food stage and she said since I was cleared for solid foods, I could now swallow pills bigger than an M&M. She recommended Centrum. Said it is the best multi out there and it has everything you need.

I have been taking it ever since. Walmart brand is just fine and compares label to label and is $10 cheaper! And the best part is, it doesn't make me sick!! :D

Kelly

I just measured one of the pills and it is a little over 1/2 inch long. They are really easy to swallow as they are coated and they have a line in them for splitting if you needed to cut them in half.

Hope this helps!

Kelly :)

I just measured one of the pills and it is a little over 1/2 inch long. They are really easy to swallow as they are coated and they have a line in them for splitting if you needed to cut them in half.

Hope this helps!

Kelly :)

Thank you! I think I will try both of these suggestions. It sounds like I can get them both down and I don't mind experimenting a bit with a Walmart type brand so there's not too much money involved.

You know, I don't know why, but whenever I split a pill I choke on it. I think it's in my mind. :unsure:

My nut recommended Celebrate capsules. You take three per day. I ordered them online and they came in just a couple. I had gotten to where I was skipping my Bariatric Advantage chewables because they were SO sour to me. These capsules are just regular size and designed specifically for bariatric patients.

Yea, those Bariatric Advantage babies came back up as fast as they went down. Maybe faster!

I'm trying both suggestions here. I know Celebrate is a good brand and since I'm in this for the long haul, I might as well put my head down and find one that works well for me.

Thanks.

I've been taking 1/2 of a chewable bariatric Vitamin each day. An entire one makes me sick. So I'm now 2 months out and I decided to try an entire one today and within 5 minutes I was sick. I'm glad I didn't order more. I feel like I wasted a Sunday.

So after the worst of it passed I went to the store and looked at Vitamins. I can swallow a pill pretty well so I think I just need to get off of these chewables and onto a regular Vitamin. So I picked up a Liquid SoftGel Multi for Her by Nature Made. I should have noted that there was no guide on the bottle that showed the ACTUAL pill size. Well, this thing looks like a horse pill. It is literally over 1 inch long and pretty big around. Honestly, I would think it would be considered a choking hazard.

So I tried using search on this site but didn't come up with any details that would help me. Can anyone suggest a brand of pills that are easy to swallow? I have the good old standard "One A Day" and I'm thinking about falling back on it with additional supplements. I'd rather take 10 pills than try to take one huge one.

If you are using a reasonably sized multi vitamin that is easy to swallow could you let me know the name. I don't want to waste any more money trying to find a single pill that will work. I'd rather just go buy the lot.

I am 9 months out and have done well, and STILL use the Flintstone chewables or the gummies. My surgeon said, If I needed to stay on them the rest of my life, to go ahead and do it!! By taking the Flintstones you can take them together or seperate. I wish you luck.

So after the worst of it passed I went to the store and looked at Vitamins. I can swallow a pill pretty well so I think I just need to get off of these chewables and onto a regular Vitamin. So I picked up a Liquid SoftGel Multi for Her by Nature Made. I should have noted that there was no guide on the bottle that showed the ACTUAL pill size. Well, this thing looks like a horse pill. It is literally over 1 inch long and pretty big around. Honestly, I would think it would be considered a choking hazard.

I use one a day gummies. A little pricey but I do three servings a day and makes me feel like I'm eating candy LOL. Since I am on solids and can eat everything and anything I am ok. Of course I stay away from the whites but make sure I get my veg in pretty often too. Oh and a side note, speaking of candy, Atkins Protein Bars, OMG good stuff, anytime I feel I need choc candy this is what I have :). Satisfies it all for me. LOL and it doesn't make my sugars go up!

Here is what I am doing. I have a Super Vitamin that makes a huge difference in my MIND and BODY. Because it is as big as they come {a horse pill}, I have taken a handful of Vitamins into a cleaned out coffee grinder, pulverize into powder form, and then I emptied out a capsule of something else and filled it with my Vitamin powder. It is easy for me to swallow a small capsule that melts easily.

The Vitamins that I have been using are very hard to find, but I believe the BEST on the market because of the daily value of so many essentials. I too have tried the chewables and don't get the boost that I get from my "Vita Sun Super One Plex". Manufactured in UT. I buy mine at Bountiful Nutrition {in Utah}. IF you google them, I am sure they would ship this out to you. This product is produced for utah specialty food distributors 435 673 2380. I swear by this product and feel a huge difference if I am off of it for a short period of time. Give it a try.

I've been taking 1/2 of a chewable bariatric vitamin each day. An entire one makes me sick. So I'm now 2 months out and I decided to try an entire one today and within 5 minutes I was sick. I'm glad I didn't order more. I feel like I wasted a Sunday.

So after the worst of it passed I went to the store and looked at vitamins. I can swallow a pill pretty well so I think I just need to get off of these chewables and onto a regular vitamin. So I picked up a Liquid SoftGel Multi for Her by Nature Made. I should have noted that there was no guide on the bottle that showed the ACTUAL pill size. Well, this thing looks like a horse pill. It is literally over 1 inch long and pretty big around. Honestly, I would think it would be considered a choking hazard.

Here is what I am doing. I have a Super Vitamin that makes a huge difference in my MIND and BODY. Because it is as big as they come {a horse pill}, I have taken a handful of Vitamins into a cleaned out coffee grinder, pulverize into powder form, and then I emptied out a capsule of something else and filled it with my Vitamin powder. It is easy for me to swallow a small capsule that melts easily.

The Vitamins that I have been using are very hard to find, but I believe the BEST on the market because of the daily value of so many essentials. I too have tried the chewables and don't get the boost that I get from my "Vita Sun Super One Plex". Manufactured in UT. I buy mine at Bountiful Nutrition {in Utah}. IF you google them, I am sure they would ship this out to you. This product is produced for utah specialty food distributors 435 673 2380. I swear by this product and feel a huge difference if I am off of it for a short period of time. Give it a try.

I am 9 months out and have done well, and STILL use the Flintstone Chewables or the gummies. My surgeon said, If I needed to stay on them the rest of my life, to go ahead and do it!! By taking the Flintstones you can take them together or seperate. I wish you luck.

I've been on MultiVite gummies ever since my surgery July 1st 2010 and I never have to worry about size because it's the easiest way for me to take Multivitamin without having to worry about how its goin to affect my sleeve. You might want to try some. CVS carries them and they are affordable.

So after the worst of it passed I went to the store and looked at Vitamins. I can swallow a pill pretty well so I think I just need to get off of these chewables and onto a regular Vitamin. So I picked up a liquid SoftGel Multi for Her by Nature Made. I should have noted that there was no guide on the bottle that showed the ACTUAL pill size. Well, this thing looks like a horse pill. It is literally over 1 inch long and pretty big around. Honestly, I would think it would be considered a choking hazard.

This is interesting. How did you ever think to do that?

And how do you get the capsules? Most of what I've seen are very glued or even sealed shut for safety.

There are a lot of great suggestions posted here already. I just wanted to add what has been working for me. I had similar experiences with the chewables. I take liquid vitamines. I use a brand called Blue Bonnet. They also make Calcium. Now that I am on mushies (I'm just three weeks out) I have also introduced the gummies everyone is talking about. I'm having some trouble with taste, Proteins and such so I found that mixing it up between the two helps me get them in. I'm going to be looking at some of the ideas posted here as well. This forum is just a wealth of support and suggstions!