Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How gay friendly are they in Mexico?

Hi,

Am getting sleeved July 13 with Dr. Aceves. My partner will be accompanying me. Anyone else been there with a partner? I thought I read a post on here somewhere where a woman mentioned her partner and I think she was also sleeved by Dr. Aceves. Anything we should be concerned about? Thanks Cathi

I noticed this post earlier, but didn't want to respond with out having an informed response. I was hoping that someone from dr. aceves office would have responded. However, I do not think at all that there will be any problems. I am sure they are well aware of different types of sexual orientation down there too. Have fun and I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck, your date is coming up soon!!

I have to wonder - and excuse me if this is just the straight male in me talking - why is this even an issue? You are there for surgery, fairly invasive surgery that will leave you pretty much without any sexual desire for a while, so why even worry about it? I saw a lot of people there with same sex companions, how many were actually gay or straight and just hanging with a same sex friend for support I don't know. There will be no issues with having your partner along with you and unless you want to hit the town and troll the gay bar scene there is little or nothing to worry about.

Regardless, The owner of the clinic that I had my surgery in is gay and seems to be getting along fine out of the closet and seemingly proud and open about it.

I guess cause where I live there is a lot of homophobia! Me I could pass in a heart beat-not that I would want too, but my partner has a big D on her forehead. I've had a couple of surgeries here in the states where it has been an issue- garbage like immediate family only etc. If it was an issue in Mexico I'd introduce her as my sister and not my spouse LOL. Plus I saw a lot of crosses on walls in a you tube video and was concerned they would be really religious. I think people who aren't in same sex relationships sometimes don't realize it how difficult it can be. Thanks for your respones, I really appreciate them!

CC I think you won't have any problems. I've found that the people of Mexico are a lot more accepting that here in the US and I can certainly understand about worrying if they would let your partner with you if something were to happen.

As far as I know, you are allowed to bring a companion, regardless if they are your spouse, relative, or friend. So it shouldn't matter to anyone.

:)

Hi,

Am getting sleeved July 13 with Dr. Aceves. My partner will be accompanying me. Anyone else been there with a partner? I thought I read a post on here somewhere where a woman mentioned her partner and I think she was also sleeved by Dr. Aceves. Anything we should be concerned about? Thanks Cathi

You will be treated with the utmost respect and care and kindness. Dr. Aceves and his staff are fabulous and in his eyes you are a person first. He will answer all the questions that you and your partner will have. He really cares about "you" his patient and your sucess with your weight loss. You don't always get this from some doctors. I am so happy for you that you are doing this and that your partner is going with you. I have a son who is gay and have offered to pay for him to have this surgery--he isn't interested, so I told him if he ever changes his mind I would be happy to pay for it and go with him.

I had sleeve surgery 3 years ago and lost 105 pounds. You are going to love having a sleeve and you have picked the VERY best doctor and staff that you could ask for. They are there to help you every step of the way.

I am also here for you if you have question about anything. Remember it is quite normal to have all kinds of feelings and emotions when it comes to going and having this surgery. You are excited, scared, happy, 2nd guessing yourself and wanting it all over at the same time. I felt all these things.

Hugs, and take care,

Suzanne