Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

About the food=pleasure thing

I'm assuming it's the same for everyone as I've spoken to my husband about this and he's experiencing the same thing.

After eating my meal, there is no more feeling of satisfaction or pleasure. After paying closer attention to this, I believe it's a good reason I got fat in the first place. I would eat until I got that feeling of calm, or as my husband calls it, food coma. That nice, pleasurable feeling of happiness. :) It's been 5 mos since I've had that feeling. Sometimes I miss it, sometimes not. The problem is, when I do miss it, I can get pretty ugly. (crabby, rude, mean) I think I've nailed it down to when I get really, really hungry and still only eat that 1/4-1/2 cup and get full and my brain is not on the same page as my stomach and I want to eat more (looking for that feeling to know I'm done). If I wait about 30min, that desperate feeling of HUNGRY is gone, I still don't get the pleasure feeling, but I'm ok.

Have you found anything that supplements that feeling?

My entire relationship to food has changed since I had the sleeve. I used to love, love, LOVE food -- food was recreation, food was comfort, food was self-soothing. Now, food... I can take it or leave it. I feel like I need to "feed the machine" periodically, and I do my best to put in high-quality fuel to keep myself healthy and happy. But I no longer have such a strong emotional connection to food.

In the long run, I think that's a good thing; it's part of why I got obese to begin with!

its weird I am full so sudden and then starving 2 hours later...not sure what to do my self ...I do enjoy food though I cant get used to eating it in 30 mins..and spreading it out.

its weird I am full so sudden and then starving 2 hours later...not sure what to do my self ...I do enjoy food though I cant get used to eating it in 30 mins..and spreading it out.

That's kinda my experience, too, Kelli....eat about 1/4-1/2 cup and be full and then 2.5 hours later..HUNGRY! Trying to stretch it out to 3.5 hours before I eat.

That's kinda my experience, too, Kelli....eat about 1/4-1/2 cup and be full and then 2.5 hours later..HUNGRY! Trying to stretch it out to 3.5 hours before I eat.

its like trying to get an infant on a schedule...lol

I'm still pre op, so tell me to shut up if I am way off base here. Maybe try to find something else to fill that void. I get that same feeling after an orgasm.....just sayin'.

food used to be my drug of choice! I would eat to get satisfied, but really, the satisfaction never came with food, but I kept eating it ... looking for that high.... I think it was the sugar mostly... that insulin response.... it caused continued craving, but not really satisfaction. Stupor yes- satisfaction no. I still get that craving... I guess its mostly head hunger, but could be the body craving its old drug of choice. I have to watch the sugar.... I can suck down Cookies and chocolate and cake easy peasey. Protein first!!!!!!!! Its the only thing that really helps! (with a little sugar free pudding thrown in!)

I have to believe that it will get better..come om with this many calories ,,,we have to loose .....right.?