Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi There, I'm JJ, and I'm definitely a newbie here. I've been looking into both the lapband and the sleeve. With the help of my surgeon, I've decided on doing the sleeve. I'm still waiting to get the requirements met before they can send it to my insurance and had a question in regards to the Psych Evaluation. What is it about? What are they going to ask? I'm just curious. I'm thankful for all of you who have gone through this and have the willingness to be a support group to newcomers. I look forward to chatting with you all.

thanks, JJ

Hi There, I'm JJ, and I'm definitely a newbie here. I've been looking into both the lapband and the sleeve. With the help of my surgeon, I've decided on doing the sleeve. I'm still waiting to get the requirements met before they can send it to my insurance and had a question in regards to the Psych Evaluation. What is it about? What are they going to ask? I'm just curious. I'm thankful for all of you who have gone through this and have the willingness to be a support group to newcomers. I look forward to chatting with you all.

thanks, JJ

My psych eval was a breeze considering how scared I was. They are basically trying to make sure you are psychologically ready for the changes your body will go through with this surgery. I had to do a test on the computer and answer a few verbal questions. Don't let it worry you too much - it's easy. Good luck to you JJ.

Cindy

Welcome! I'm just east of Dallas. I haven't had my surgery yet but it is coming really soon, June 23rd. Everyone here is awesome! You can let your wall down here...no one is here to judge you, only here to support you! Good Luck!:)

Hi. I have not had my surgery yet (its Aug 8th) but I HAVE had my psych eval. It was silly. The lady asked me if I ever thought people were following or chasing me!!!! Then she asked if I counted things or had any repetitive behaviors. I giglled a lot and thought it was funny, which she raised her eyebrow about:) She asked me a lot of crazy questions and then we just talked about how it takes time to lose weight and I wouldnt wake up having lost 100 lbs.

Anyway. I called around to make sure it was a fast appt and I didn;t have to take some 3 hour bubble test (which some have to do). They handed me letter that I was approved right there while I waited. The appt lasted about 30 minutes.

Good luck!

dallasmom, I'm having mine done in Waco by Dr. Sims at the Providence Bariatric Center.

Hey- I am from Texas too (McKInney). Who is doing your surgery?

Cindy,

I appreciate the feedback much. I'm quite scared about the whole process.

JJ

My psych eval was a breeze considering how scared I was. They are basically trying to make sure you are psychologically ready for the changes your body will go through with this surgery. I had to do a test on the computer and answer a few verbal questions. Don't let it worry you too much - it's easy. Good luck to you JJ.

Cindy

penpen, I appreciate the support! I've been reading the forums for a while now, and have learned so much from everyone. I'm hoping for an early August Sleeving. As I still have to do an Endoscopy at the beginning of July, and was already told that my surgical team was booked through the third week of July.

JJ

Welcome! I'm just east of Dallas. I haven't had my surgery yet but it is coming really soon, June 23rd. Everyone here is awesome! You can let your wall down here...no one is here to judge you, only here to support you! Good Luck!:)

Hi there I am a newbie too 1 week away from my surgery on june 21st, adn i am in texas, in austin Dr Ganta is doing mine from austin institute of barriatric and laproscopy or AIBL. I have my psych eval on wed next week. I had to take a indepth one for my job and all i had to do was take a test that asked me 100 questions and they were all teh same question just worded differently to see if you would flip flop i figure it can't be that bad. Good luck to you!!!

<br>Hi there I am a newbie too 1 week away from my surgery on june 21st, adn i am in texas, in austin Dr Ganta is doing mine from austin institute of barriatric and laproscopy or AIBL. I have my psych eval on wed next week. I had to take a indepth one for my job and all i had to do was take a test that asked me 100 questions and they were all teh same question just worded differently to see if you would flip flop i figure it can't be that bad. Good luck to you!!!<br>
<br><br>Hey E

<div>I'm also from Austin Texas and I been looking for a doctor . It looks like Dr.Ganta has a lot of experience I will schedule an appointment with him ,when my insurance kicks in next month. Good luck :-) KEEP US POSTED.</div>