Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Second week out and gained 2 pounds

Hi all,

I know I am probably just being worried for nothing BUT today is the official second week mark and I gained almost two pounds. During my pre-op, I lost ten pounds and then after the first week being sleeved, I lost another 9-10 pounds. I was really happy with that and didn't expect to lose that first week. But what is it with this week? I don't think it is the time of the month because I have no clue when I am due again since stopping my birth control and I was never regular anyway. I have just been counting Protein grams, not calories or carbs because getting enough protein has been the biggest hurdle so far and I don't make it every day. I am going to start counting calories and carbs starting tomorrow to get a better picture but UGH!

I usually drink a Protein Drink or smoothie mixture once a day. I will usually get 4-10 ounces of a Soup - usually cream soup or Tomato puree of some kind. I can tolerate cheese so I have about 3 oz of that a day (maybe that's the culprit?). Sometimes I eat some yogurt or cottage cheese as well but usually on those days where I eat less soup. Some days it is hard getting anything in but I try to force myself to get protein rich meals in.

I've heard of the dreaded 3 week stall and expected that but has anyone else stopped losing weight and actually gained weight this early? I really need to hear from someone who went through this. I'm only two weeks out! Ugh!

Also, I woke up this morning with my stomach killing me and it didn't really let up until this afternoon. Regular Tylenol kept the pain at bay. But at one moment, I felt something pop and then the pain went away totally. I am really tired today but no other symptoms. Should I be worried? I am going to see my doctor on Wednesday for my first check up so I will tell him about it then but I figured I'd post about those symptoms now. My stomach usually only hurts me right after I get up or if I walk too much.

I think in the first few weeks theres a lot of Water lost. Once they take out that IV we start our sip sip sip all day all night can't ever seem to sip enough. Its no where near the volume we got in an IV. So we lose a bit more. You pick up drinking and eating some...that water balances back out in our body! I think thats probably your 2 lbs. The weight will keep going down, I PROMISE!

My second week, I gained also. That was the week that I went to full liquids and it was the salt, i am sure in the creamed Soups.

I lost it in a couple of days. You will too, don't worry!

Kelly :D

Thanks so much, I know you are doing awesome - I always like your posts so that makes me feel better. I think I also need to drink more Water. I've never been a big drinker before so it is doubly hard on me now. I usually can only drink a lot when it is really hot outside (and I'm in it) or if I am exercising.

My second week, I gained also. That was the week that I went to full liquids and it was the salt, i am sure in the creamed Soups.< /p>

I lost it in a couple of days. You will too, don't worry!

Kelly :D

thanks so much. In my head I know it will be okay BUT it is very good to hear on these boards that I shouldn't panic yet. I have never been good with patience!

I think in the first few weeks theres a lot of Water lost. Once they take out that IV we start our sip sip sip all day all night can't ever seem to sip enough. Its no where near the volume we got in an IV. So we lose a bit more. You pick up drinking and eating some...that water balances back out in our body! I think thats probably your 2 lbs. The weight will keep going down, I PROMISE!

thanks so much. In my head I know it will be okay BUT it is very good to hear on these boards that I shouldn't panic yet. I have never been good with patience!

Aah so it IS normall to gain in the 2nd week??

I have asked on the ObesityHelp.com board and no answer...I am not good with patience either. I only lost 10lbs the first week and have gained 1/2 lb and will be 2 weeks on Friday and am wondering if I have done all of this for 10 freakin pounds!!

Thanks!!

I am almost 6 weeks post op and have been in a stall for almost 3 weeks now. In the 3rd week I gained 3lbs. I am still waiting for it to go away. My numbers are good so I know its ok... but it still sux LOL. You are not alone as you can see. We will get through this and everything will be fine. Just a matter of time for our bodies to get used to what we are doing. :)