Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So for the past 6 days I have been making myself eat a little more throughout the day. I complained last weekend about being dizzy and only eating about 300 calories a day. I figured out that I should eat even if I don't feel like it!

I must say that I feel so much better. I even think that I have been handeling my food much better. I was having issues with cottage cheese and other things feeling stuck and now that has seemed to have subsided.

I made my first scrambled egg today and it was HEAVENLEY!! I ate almost the whole thing!

I also went to the Vitamin Shoppe last night to get me some Pure Protein strawberry Cream shakes (SOOO GOOD 35g protein) if you haven't had them, try it, doesn't taste like protein AT ALL!! On the way home, I got some Wendy's chili! Only took a couple bites and put it in the fridge!

For the first time in a month, I feel somewhat NORMAL!! I ate almost 1/2 cup of it today for lunch and am thrilled that I was able to eat that much! I have been eating less than 1/4 cup of anything and was getting worried!

My protein levels have really increased lately, here is what I have had today:

Pure Protein Shake 35 g

1 slice swiss cheese 5 g

1 slice oven roasted chicken luchmeat 10g

1/2 c Wendy's Chili 5g ?

I have not had dinner or my evening snack

Thanks eveyone for your help!

Kelly :rolleyes:

Congratulations girl, I am glad your doing so well!! I need to work harder on my Protein as well - that has been hard for me

So for the past 6 days I have been making myself eat a little more throughout the day. I complained last weekend about being dizzy and only eating about 300 calories a day. I figured out that I should eat even if I don't feel like it!

I must say that I feel so much better. I even think that I have been handeling my food much better. I was having issues with cottage cheese and other things feeling stuck and now that has seemed to have subsided.

I made my first scrambled egg today and it was HEAVENLEY!! I ate almost the whole thing!

I also went to the Vitamin Shoppe last night to get me some Pure Protein strawberry Cream shakes (SOOO GOOD 35g protein) if you haven't had them, try it, doesn't taste like protein AT ALL!! On the way home, I got some Wendy's chili! Only took a couple bites and put it in the fridge!

For the first time in a month, I feel somewhat NORMAL!! I ate almost 1/2 cup of it today for lunch and am thrilled that I was able to eat that much! I have been eating less than 1/4 cup of anything and was getting worried!

My protein levels have really increased lately, here is what I have had today:

Pure Protein shake 35 g

1 slice swiss cheese 5 g

1 slice oven roasted chicken luchmeat 10g

1/2 c Wendy's Chili 5g ?

I have not had dinner or my evening snack

Thanks eveyone for your help!

Kelly :rolleyes:

I'm glad you're feeling better!! It definitely takes some time to get in the groove of things. Your menu looks good.

:)

That is great, Kelly!!! I am so glad things have turned around. It is amazing what a week can do for a person. Keep up the good work :)

So good to hear that you are doing and feeling better! You are doing great girl!

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! You're post just sounded so chippy and it made me smile :)

I KNEW you would feel better if you ate more! And your body might not go into shut down mode either- which is always a danger eating so little.

As for feeling like eating- I NEVER do. I have no hunger and I just schedule it in because I know I need to and because I am loathe to drink two shakes a day. I still have not ventured ut from my egg and cottage cheese and ricotta bake but I am going to make Eggfaces cauliflower cheese also, and try some tuna or chicken salad. I can't have things like a pices of turkey lunch meat until soft foods.

Anyway- WOO HOO!!!! Try to get 600-800 calories- if you get your Protein, count your carbs, and drink your Water you are on your way!

I have a questions - How many Carbs should you keep it to a day?? I am no sugar that is going well, but I am unsure of the Carbs - I am finding that carbs are in just about everything!!!!

HELP :)

I have a questions - How many Carbs should you keep it to a day?? I am no sugar that is going well, but I am unsure of the Carbs - I am finding that carbs are in just about everything!!!!

HELP :)

Well I wrote a long long post and my computer froze.

I'll try to reconstruct it!

Many on here who have done really well limit it to 30 grams. My doctor says 40 net carbs- which is carbs minus Fiber, and I plan to try that as that makes sense to me! (Gives better carb value to, say an apple, than a cracker) Yep Michelle- there are LOTS of carbs in things! But that's where meat, cheese, eggs and such come in- high Protein and low carbs! Hence the Protein first rule accomplishes so much… I don't count fat, and many here do not as we need some fat and let's face it- the restriction usually keeps that from going out of sight.

It IS hard- definitely! Yogurt, for example, has LOTS of carbs- Greek yogurt is better and that is why many use it here. I just know that the people who have the best results do count them- and I just look at as investing the time, just as I did on any diet in the past- except this time I know it is really going to work, and with my little thumby will help me keep it off. We have a 6 month or so honeymoon period for optimum losing and I will make the best of it as our capacity increases later and it will get harder.

I use Fat Secret dot com for logging my food- it lets you select which things you want to show in your nutrition data- I have it show calories, carbs, Fiber, net carbs, and fat. Logging is the key- estimating never works too well and you get a nasty shock when you find out what you really ate :-P I like FS because you can add in the nutritional data of anything you want to add- I have added quite a few of the Protein drinks including that GNC one you like. I also use spark people to enter the components of a recipe to find out the carbs of everything. I was able to get Eggface's info that way.

To help you see how protein helps you keep the carbs low-

Today for me

morning Protein Drink with Decaf and 1/2 cup milk 49 grams protein

3 hrs later scrambled egg, 1T grated cheddar 9 grams

3 hrs later 1/4 cup cottage cheese 8 grams

evening 1/6th eggface ricotta bake 11.5 grams

For a total of 77.5 grams portein! And get this- 15 carbs- 13 net carbs. I drank all my Water, I walked an hour- I am good to go! And if I really want a treat later (we stay upp verrrrry late) I can have a sugar free popsicle (Dreyers are nummy!) for 6 grams of carbs oor a Jello sugar free pussing cup for 12. Still under 30.

It is a diet, no way to see it as anything else- but it is one that we know will work because the chemistry of it is logical- and because we have teeny tiny stomachs! Better still, we will have help from those teeny tinys keeping it off. For me, counting cars is worth it to maximize the loss when the losing is at its best.

I know it will be harder to keep the carbs low when I add more and varied foods but I am committed to this because the people I see having the bestest results have done it.

Just keep doing protein first , veggies and fruit second, and the other stuff third and keep logging and you will get the hang of it!

The thing is- right now you are probably losing a lot just due to low calories- but I firmly believe from everything I have learned that the way to keep that going, and to keep it burning FAT instead of muscle- is to count carbs. I also think the high protein/low carb thing, which sends your body into a state of ketosis- is the reason people fit into a smaller size than they used to at a specfic weight- because fat is burning, not muscle.

Whew- that was a lot of typing! For YOU, dear Michelle...and Kelly, and anyone else who is wondering about the dread carbs!

Thank, I will look into the Fat secret and log my food - now you said Carbs minus fiber? is that literal like you add up your carbs and then the fiber and then subtract, or??

Thanks Meggie for your input

Here is what I am having for Breakfast

Fat Carbs Protein KCals

Breakfast 18.67 8.44 27.43 305

1/4 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese 8.81 0.46 6.81 108

1/2 serving Morning Star Chikn Strip Meal starter 1.75 3.00 11.50 70

1/2 tbsp Salsa 0.01 0.50 0.12 2

1 Scrambled egg 7.60 0.98 6.50 100

1/2 Serving Whole wheat Low Carb Tortilla 0.50 3.50 2.50 25

Well the formatting got messed up - but the

Fat =18.67

Carbs =8.44