Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow! All at once? I can barely eat one egg! I am jealous ... Fat secret let's you customize what to show so I select net carbs and Fiber and let it calculate.

i was just thinking the same thing meggie!

that is more than half of my calories for the day. how on earth do you eat all of that at one time?

i ate 2 slices of really thin luchmeat with some laughing cow cheese on it this morning and was STUFFED. i am jealous that you can eat that much! :angry:

kelly

Well, when its all said and done, My hubby makes a full tortilla and wraps it like a buritto and cuts it in half - so all in all it really isnt any more then a half a cup of food - those low carb, whole wheat tortillas are really thin -

Its only been since the end of this week that I am finding that I can eat more - I dont know if that is good, or what, but Still, half of a buritto and being totally full is a major difference from before surgery.

I always worry though, that I am doing this wrong and I am messing this up and will NEVER loose the weight, in fact yesterday I started crying because I was sure I was failing :(

Hmmmm

i was just thinking the same thing meggie!

that is more than half of my calories for the day. how on earth do you eat all of that at one time?

i ate 2 slices of really thin luchmeat with some laughing cow cheese on it this morning and was STUFFED. i am jealous that you can eat that much! :angry:

kelly

Awww, Michelle honey, don't cry!

It is o.k., you are not failing. Look at it this way, it is half of a low carb burrito. 300 calories. How many calories could you have eatin' before this surgery???? I am sure, like, 4 times that at one sitting! You are doing fantastic! Some can just eat more than other's sooner!

You know how I have struggled to eat some things, I was just saying, I wish I could have that right now! Not that it was a bad thing!

If you are worried, call your nut or dr.! I am sure you are doing great! You should be proud of how far you have come in such a short time! I am also sure you would not be eating something if you were not supposed to be!

Keep doing what you are doing and you will get where you want to be! I promise!

Hugs,

Kelly ;)

Yes, I would definatly eat 4 times that amount in one sitting - I know I am probably doing just fine, but let me tell ya, since Friday, I have been an emotional wreck - On friday, I was so overwhelmed with the amount of work i had (nothing was done like it was suppose to be the 3 weeks I was out) that all I did was cry, there was no stopping it, and I have been emotional all weekend -

I am sure it has something to do with all the hormones being released, and all that, but man, this is exhausting....

I have noticed in the last 3 days or so, that I am able to eat a bit more then I was able to at first - at first I was lucky if I got in 500 Calories a day -

I just worry that I am going to mess this up - and I am usually an upbeat positive person, so I am unsure where this is coming from and hope it goes away soon :)

Thanks for listening to me rant :)

Awww, Michelle honey, don't cry!

It is o.k., you are not failing. Look at it this way, it is half of a low carb burrito. 300 calories. How many calories could you have eatin' before this surgery???? I am sure, like, 4 times that at one sitting! You are doing fantastic! Some can just eat more than other's sooner!

You know how I have struggled to eat some things, I was just saying, I wish I could have that right now! Not that it was a bad thing!

If you are worried, call your nut or dr.! I am sure you are doing great! You should be proud of how far you have come in such a short time! I am also sure you would not be eating something if you were not supposed to be!

Keep doing what you are doing and you will get where you want to be! I promise!

Hugs,

Kelly ;)

I hate it when people screw stuff up while we are off! I say just leave it alone and I will do it when I get back, that way, I know it will be right!!

I have noticed that in the past few days, I too am able to eat more also! I ate a whole 1/2 c of Wendy's chili today and yesterday! I was excited to be able to do that. Last week, I was not able to do 1/4 c of anything. I guess the swelling is really starting to go down!

Yay for us! ;)

Hugs,

Kelly

Yes, I hate it too, it was such a mess .... UGHHH oh well :)

My hubby and I were talking today, that my swelling must be down alot because I am able to eat more then I was a week ago -

Do you know how much we are suppose to be eating once we are fully healed? is there a set limit or? I try to error on the side of caution, because I am still learning what full is....

Oh, what would I do with you you guys???

I hate it when people screw stuff up while we are off! I say just leave it alone and I will do it when I get back, that way, I know it will be right!!

I have noticed that in the past few days, I too am able to eat more also! I ate a whole 1/2 c of Wendy's chili today and yesterday! I was excited to be able to do that. Last week, I was not able to do 1/4 c of anything. I guess the swelling is really starting to go down!

Yay for us! ;)

Hugs,

Kelly

For the second 3 weeks, i.e. 3-6 weeks I am supposed to have 1/4 cup three times a day, plus Protein drinks between if needed. I can divide it- i.e. 2 T pureed chicken, 1 T pureed green Beans 1T pureed fruit, etc. or have all 4 be the same thing. I don't really need to be told that because right now I cannot fit more anyway. I wonder if this is where bougie size come in? i.e. mine used a 34, do you know what yours used?

Honestly I wish I had a little more leeway! I don;t mind eating the 1/4 cup because I am not hungry- but I have thrown up once after eating one bit too much of the same one scrambled egg plus melted cheddar I have EVERY day , whereas if I had a little more space.... Maybe I am still swollen.

So Michelle you are on soft foods already? Actually- I don' think the tortilla is allowed until full foods- and it is high carbs (relatively) so my only advice would be to ditch it and eat the filling. bread products are no where on my list until 6 or 8 weeks when I start regular foods and even then they recommend no.

The on e thing I really can stress no matter how much you can eat is to do the carb thing. That will keep you in the right direction no matter what.

OMG Kelly I just noticed you are almost in Onederland!!!

WOW!

Right now, I am still on purees. Eventhough I have been testing the waters with some soft food because I will progress to them tomorrow!! YAY

My plan calls for 1/4-1/2c 3 times a day right now of purees. I have only been able to do 1/2 c in the past 2 days and still can only do that depending on what I am eating!! I think the reason I could eat so much of that chili was because it is so soupy.

On soft foods stage, I am supposed to do 1/4-1/3c of Protein and then add some fruit/vegetable if I have room. I have to do this stage for 2 months and then can go to regular foods!

I will then only be able to eat 1/3c Protein and 1 fruit and 1 veggie at each meal FOREVER! That is how my plan goes.

Kelly

Yes, I hate it too, it was such a mess .... UGHHH oh well :)

My hubby and I were talking today, that my swelling must be down alot because I am able to eat more then I was a week ago -

Do you know how much we are suppose to be eating once we are fully healed? is there a set limit or? I try to error on the side of caution, because I am still learning what full is....

Oh, what would I do with you you guys???

BTW Michelle- huge hugs! I am totally emotional - my husband calls it "on edge". You are not alone!

The article I posted about stalls is really enlightening about the chemistry of weight loss, period- and I also read about ketosis online last night and it rally made sense.

I had eight days at the same weight from day 13 to day 22. It was ghastly! Now this week I am almost at 5 pounds lost- so the article really makes sense to me.

I also put the link on one of my vids- I think it was vid #9. xoxo

My plan states that I can have really toasted bread or tortilla, so I go with a low carb Tortilla and toast it really well and only eat half of it, I can have lean ground beef/chicken, scrambled eggs, Mashed potatoes, any soft cooked vegetable except Asparagas, Celery, Peas, Corn. As long as its mushy its all good -

I didnt have to do any pureed foods at all and my Nut says that to measure a 1/2 c of food to start, you may be able to eat more or less, it depends on the person.

This emotional stuff is driving me nuts, I never know when it is going to hit either, and I dont like that.... I will have to go and read up on the Ketosis - sounds interesting.

I have been setting up my pool all day, I wanted one so I could get in every night and exercise in the Water, and just plain cool down, its been HOT here in TX, it was 102 on Friday... :blink:

I know!!!

Isn't is GRAND!!!

I haven't seen that in 10 years! I think I will Celebrate and have cheese on my egg!! LOL

Hugs,

Kelly B)

OK now I really am jealous- will spring ever come to us here in No CA? Cold and rainy all weekend- it is JUNE! Jeez! We have had a few warm days in the last three months, truly, It is awful.

Wow- everything is so different with our plans! I don't thin I am allowed to even consider 1/2 cup until my capacty stretches. I will have to reveiew everything, In any case I know it wont fit in there because I reach my limit every single time with 1/4. I think my doctor likes using a small bougie but right now it seems kind of mean!

xoxo