Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor puts in a nasal tube that is suppose to suck additional Fluid out of the stomach as well as help keep air from filling in the belly. I've never had a nasal drain and was wondering if anyone out there had one and if so what it's like? He said it will be removed the day after surgery and that's not any too soon for me. My friend just had the sleeve 2 wks ago and had one but hers fell out when she sat up. I'm hoping mine does too! ha

Don't know if I had one while I was under but there was no tube when I woke up.

I also have to have a NG tube until after the swallow test the morning after surgery. I have never had one and probably dread it more than anything. I am an RN and have put in a many but never had one. Just know that you can stand anything for a few hours. I have heard that is keeps you from getting nauseated because it sucks out all that stuff in your stomach. You can do it. I am going to. Many people ahead of us had done it and we can too.

My surgery is tomorrow 6/6/11. Good luck, hugs and prayers for you.

Neanie

Thanks Neanie, you're right...we can do it. I'm think I was dreading that more than anything but then I Google'd it and read and saw what it looked like. It said it wasn't as bad as everyone thinks it is and like you said, mine will only be in place until the next day I guess after my swallow test.

I too am in Texas and having my surgery on 6/7/11. Best of luck to you. Prayers and thoughts right back at you. :D

I woke up with one. I was not too happy about it. My doctor made me keep mine in for a week so a day should not be too bad.

Here is what I can tell you about it. It really is not painful. You can feel it tug a little when you swallow. My hubby was super cute and helped me figure out a way to keep it from just hanging and swinging out of my nose. Mine had a plug on the end of it that had a loop. While I was in the hospital I was wearing my glasses, because I had to take out my contacts. He just slid the hoop on one of the arms of my glasses. This kept it from swinging and tugging. Since it was hooked on my glasses it would move with my head and not tug either. It was wonderful. Once I got home I put my contacts in and I hooked an elastic to the hoop and just hung it over my ear. If you keep it from wiggling or tugging it is not too bad.

It is not too awful when it is pulled out either so don't be too nervous about that - it is not too bad.

Good Luck and remember the ultimate goal. It will get you thru the challenging times. Take Care