Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

where is everyone???

Hi, I live in Chesapeake, VA and just got my surgery date today. I'm being banded on September 11th. EEEEK! That's a scary date. Maybe I should change it.

Hi, I live in Chesapeake, VA and just got my surgery date today. I'm being banded on September 11th. EEEEK! That's a scary date. Maybe I should change it.
I beleave you'll be fine, keep your date. good luck

I'm in Leesburg, and I work in Chantilly. I'm still on my Mom's insurance (until May), so I'm having to drive back home to North Carolina to be banded. Blah. Wouldn't be so bad, except for going back for all of the pre-op stuff. I'm in the process of doing all of my testing still, so no band for me yet. Hopefully in the next few months! I am also hoping to find a doctor in NoVA that would be willing to do my fills. I'm hoping that my NC doctor will refer me to someone that they have a relationship with, or that they know of, etc. It wouldn't bother me to drive 5 hours for a fill, but I'd like someone local that can do it, as I don't really feel like driving that far if I'm barely able to swallow (if I get too much of a fill)!

Good luck on your Banding Annabelle hope all goes well.

Richmond here - Short Pump. I've almost finished my 6 month diet/dr visits. This month is my last dr. visit and next month is my nutrition. Looks like my surgery will be in Nov. By following the the nutritionist's diet plan, I've lost 19lbs already. Too bad it doesn't show. :rolleyes:

Babs44, who is your surgeon gonna be? I live in Short Pump as well and was banded in July by Dr. Brengman. Doing well - I've one fill so far and need another, but gonna wait until after a vacation in a couple weeks. I don't want any swallowing issues while I'm in Napa Valley.

Sounds like you've done great already losing 19 lbs! Don't discount that - thats great work!!!! You must feel and look better in general! People may not notice the actual weight loss yet, but probably notice you look better and feel more energy! Hang in there!!

Nancy B.

Hey, y'all, Leesburg here. I don't know why I didn't look at the local chapter/boards first, but I've found them now. :blush:

Just got banded a week ago today. I'm down 16 pounds from the date of my pre-op liquid phase which began 11/14. I've seen that quite a few people are from Leesburg on some of these threads.

Hello,

I'm in Fredericksburg. I haven't been banded yet, still jumping through the hoops. My last nutritionist appt for my 6 month supervised diet is on Monday, so hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer. I'm going to Dr. Brengman of Richmond Surgical Group. Glad there's some members here in the VA group.

JRT from Christiansburg I am from your area and wonder where you had your banding done. Who do you go to for fills? I will probably end up in Mexico or some other foreign land as my ins doesn't cover anything to do with weight loss. How are doing?

Mountaingal

Hi,im from South hill,va.,getting lapband next week my surgeon is Eliseo Bautista!!!!

Edited by lovely9257

Are you having surgery in the States or going to Mexico?

If you are going to Mexico I'd love to hear about your experience and the costs involved if you don't mind sharing.

Good Luck.

I'm located in Manassas Virginia!! For those who need information regarding Mexico - I think it was great!! I had my band in 2004 and I have weighed 115 since 2005. I had two fills back in 2005 and I am still holding 4 years later!! In 2004 I jumped up to 164lbs and had two heart attacks - even though I have never smoked or drink -- after the band I have never had any health problems since!!

Congratulations to all who have had the band and congratulations to all who are planning to get the band -- it will be the start to a great and healthy life!!! See the attached photo!!

post-242140-1381313848617_thumb.jpg

I had my surgery in juarez, Mexico on 7/22/08 I'm down 70lbs and have 22lbs to go. Dr. Rod was great and so was his whole team. I went with Beliteweight and Jessica( my cordnator) was fantastic. No regrets!

How did the process go with Dr. Brengman? He is my dr too. I get to see him this week for my evaluation. Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!