Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Complete a few hours ago today.....

my surgery was 11am this morning & I left recovery @ 2:30. Doc said I did really well very routine...

Have to admit I am concerned because i'm starving!.... This is upsetting me.....i haven't eaten since 8pm ystdy but I was hoping the hunger pain would not be present.....

did anyone else have this post-op?

my pain is ok (4 on the scale) but I got my period this morning so I have cramps to go along with my hurt belly but all is good. I am so excited for what is to come!!!! I truly am.

I have no nauseous but I do feel gas coming on.... We will see. My throat was very sore when I first got to my room & my voice is very hoarse....I am super tired so I guess I should be resting while I can.....

will post again later!

hopefully I will wake up not hungry....is it normal & it is bothering me so much

PrairieDawn :)

Glad you made it out ok and are doing fine, keep us posted :rolleyes:

my surgery was 11am this morning & I left recovery @ 2:30. Doc said I did really well very routine...

Have to admit I am concerned because i'm starving!.... This is upsetting me.....i haven't eaten since 8pm ystdy but I was hoping the hunger pain would not be present.....

did anyone else have this post-op?

my pain is ok (4 on the scale) but I got my period this morning so I have cramps to go along with my hurt belly but all is good. I am so excited for what is to come!!!! I truly am.

I have no nauseous but I do feel gas coming on.... We will see. My throat was very sore when I first got to my room & my voice is very hoarse....I am super tired so I guess I should be resting while I can.....

will post again later!

hopefully I will wake up not hungry....is it normal & it is bothering me so much

I hope your feeling good. I remember just being out of surgery feeling that nothing was different about me, I almost couldn't believe it really was done. I was hungry the first few days but I think it was stomach acid. Most likely it will go away. It took me 5 months to really have that full feeling, so everyone is different. Welcome to the other side, Janine : )

Congrats to another IE (that's inland empire for you non CA peeps) sleever. You will do fine. The throat was the worse thing for me. They finally hit me with some spray that took care of it. Have them get you up and walking as soon as they can, really helps the gas. wishing you a speedy recovery.

WWWhhhooooo HHHHhhhhooooo!!!! :cheer2: The Jewels of June are "sparkling" through!!:grouphug: So happy for you. Save a spot on the losers' bench for me. I'll be there Monday. Rest and get well,:hug:

Valentina :grouphug:

Congrats on being sleeved!! I agree the hunger is probably acid. I didnt feel hunger at that point, but they had a PPI in my IV. It's weird how it gives a false hunger feeling. You could ask your dr or a nurse about getting something for it. It's great that you feel good enough to post so soon! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

:)

I am in IE and looking to get the sleeve.. can I ask who is your doctor?

It's great that you're up to posting!! All I did after surgery was sleep. No reading, almost no TV, just sleep. I can't speak for the hunger b/c I didn't have a problem with that. But, gas pains...walk!!!

Hi!!! I have to say...WOW!!! I can't believe u were able to make this post on the SAME day of surgery. I think just the fact that u did THAT is amazing!!!! Today is my 1st day not feeling sub- human. My surgery was Wed Aug 10th. And it's my 1st day that I just felt ok. But I will take it!!!!

Anyway I wanted to tell you that I was starving when I woke up from surgery!!! I have felt hunger since then but I'm allowed blended Soups so that satisfies me. My doc said it was just acid in my stomach. Not sure but it did freak me out also and it did go away. Don't worry!!! U are doing amazing!! Today is the first day I could even go on the computer. Just get plenty of rest and you should be fine!!! Best of luck to you!!! name='prairiedawn' timestamp='1306967712' post='158523']

did anyone Pelse have this post-op?

will post again later!