Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day

I'm having the surgery tomorrow! I'm very nervous but all of my pre op test came back great with the exception of my EGD. They found some bacteria and put me on antibotics & prilosec. I been having trouble with not eating but I been eating very little. Yesterday I had a cook out but I didnt pig out like I normally would have in the past. This is the first cookout that I did not make ribs & steak. I bbq'd chicken and hotdogs, I had a lil bit of the baked Beans & potatoe salad and I ate only once! I'm a great cook so I really wanted to savor the flavor since I won't be eating in this fashion for a very long time. Today I'm on liquids but I was so hungry I ate a small bowl of Cereal (frosted flakes) I pray my liver is not enormous by morning. I drank some green tea to help cleanse my colon and I was advised by the Dr. to drink Magnesium Citrate before bed. I'm praying my surgery goes well because I have heard a few nightmare stories but I keeping positive because I know everyone is different. I'm tired of being overweight and I'm ready for the change. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

To go back a lil bit, I will share that I almost didnt make it to surgery. I lost my job earlier this month and was at the end of my plan to go to surgery. Every since I lost my job I been on a roller coaster ride on if everything was gonna go good to have the surgery. Especially the fact of losing insurance at the end of the month. But thankfully, I'm scheduled for tomorrow so my insurance should cover everything. I haven't received my unemployment yet so I haven't got my cobra. I also applied for medicaid, so hopefully I can get my portion taken care of through that but I must ask that in GA resources are very limited and they give you the hardest time. I'm not upset I lost my job anymore because I feel less stressed. I just pray this unemployment will kick in asap!

I will keep you all updated on my progress. Wish me luck!

Good luck!!! Sorry about the job, the only positive thing is that you won't have to stress about going back to work straight after surgery and can take your time to recover.

I had no problems with surgery nor with my trip to a foreign country, no troubles at all, so I wish you can say the same in couple of days! Keep us updated!

Hi Joy,

I recommend taking the Magnesium Citrate sooner rather than later. I drank mine about 4 p.m. and didn't go poo till about 11 p.m. and didn't finish till about midnight.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending healing thoughts your way!

Lynda

Bert,

I will be thinking of you on Wednesday and sending healing thoughts your way! I'm just two weeks ahead of you! Get your rest and enjoy a healthy meal if you are not on the liquid diet some doctors prescribe.

Lynda

Joy,

You have my wishes and prays for an easy surgery and a pain free (tolerable?) and a speedy recovery.

My surgery is on June 1st so make room for my soon to be not so big tush on that loser's bench

bench.

Breathe deeply, exhale slowly and say "I am doing this to save my own life." That has been

my mantra when I begin to doubt my decision and worry about the outcome.

I'm sending lots of very good vibes your way. Please let us know how you are doing.

EJ

Welcome Joy35!! I'm sure everything will be just fine. Remember "God" is in control! Take care and keep us posted!!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayer! I really appreciate it. Surgery went fine but I was in a lot of pain afterwards and doped up! I'm feeling a lot better right now and Im taking in my 1 oz of liquid every hour. I had some nausea up until I started drinking the liquids. That different from what I heard but I guess my stomach was so full of narcotics and anesthesia and that caused the majority of my nausea. This morning they Dr. looked inside with modern technology camera and I don't have any leaks! Yaaay! My stomach feels like I've done a million sit ups but I'm feeling better every hour. Thanks again, hopefully I will go home tomorrow and get some sleep because I had insomia last night. Ttyl very soon :rolleyes: