Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have no idea lol :huh:

Does this help? This is from my operative report:

Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (85% subtotal gastrectomy) over a 36 French bougie dilator

the French bougie dilator is the size. so you are a 36. I wonder it that is the size they always use.

With the 36 do you have a lot of acid reflux? Is it still enough restriction? I hear most people getting the 32 but some people say that's too tight. Do the doctors go over the staple line with something else to secure it, I forgot the name of the solution they put on the stables for added security?

I went to my 3rd doctors appointment yesterday and she told me that she thought the band was better for me the sleeve was way too drastic and there isnt enough evidence to whether the sleeve will last long term. I still want the sleeve because of the issues I keep reading about the band even long term health issues.. She told me that they have made the band better and there is less complications. There are issues with everything but I just feel that the sleeve is better with preop complications, and has less over all side effects. I was real dissappointed but I'm head strong so I'm not easily persuaded unless I find value in the information.

Also what size are your sleeves?

Hola!!! Dr O told me he used a 38 bougie. Not sure if he changes the size based on how much you need to lose. So far on full liquids I still don't feel any restriction!!

As for me, I am doing well. Moved on to full liquids. That means I added Protein Shakes and creamy Soups. The bad news is that once I added full liquids, I gained 2 pounds. Not sure whats up with that. I had my one week post op appt and it went well. The NP said I might not go back to work after 3 weeks. She wants to see me again in week 3 to decide. Remember I was in the hospital for 5 days so that probably has to do with my slow progress. I am pushing more liquids now than ever. Still can't eat Jell-O or pudding. It is too thick to go down. It sits in my chest and causes pain. I had to drink Water to push it through. No biggie, I will keep trying every few days. Soup goes down great YUMMM. I don't feel full ever! I do get pain in my chest if I eat too quickly or too much - although a few minutes later I can eat more (by eat, I mean drink LOL). All together I am in good spirits. I love that Dr O calls me every week to check on me. That is too nice.

How is everyone doing??

BTW I have been dreaming of food LOL I am sick, I know.

Hey,

Add one more for the bluegrass!

I am going for my EGD on July 20th. @ Central Baptist with Dr. Weiss. ANY imput is greatly appreciated. I am nervous, but I have amazing support from hubs and MIL. I am so ready to shed weight.

I have been overweight all my life and have tried EVERYTHING, my mom even took me to a dr. when I was 14 for RX meds..

Will be on here for as much info as possible!

Hi, Im to have my sleeve 9-22-11. I live in Hebron,KY (near the airport). I am mother of 6 and grany to 2.I have a loving husband. My oldest son is going to help me when I go to Dr Almanza to get my sleeve.

Hi, Im to have my sleeve 9-22-11. I live in Hebron,KY (near the airport). I am mother of 6 and grany to 2.I have a loving husband. My oldest son is going to help me when I go to Dr Almanza to get my sleeve.

Welcome...I probably don't get on here as much as I should anymore but I'm glad to see more people from KY joining the group, especially those who have not been sleeved yet. It certainly does make it more exciting.

Hola!!! Dr O told me he used a 38 bougie. Not sure if he changes the size based on how much you need to lose. So far on full liquids I still don't feel any restriction!!

As for me, I am doing well. Moved on to full liquids. That means I added Protein Shakes and creamy Soups. The bad news is that once I added full liquids, I gained 2 pounds. Not sure whats up with that. I had my one week post op appt and it went well. The NP said I might not go back to work after 3 weeks. She wants to see me again in week 3 to decide. Remember I was in the hospital for 5 days so that probably has to do with my slow progress. I am pushing more liquids now than ever. Still can't eat Jell-O or pudding. It is too thick to go down. It sits in my chest and causes pain. I had to drink Water to push it through. No biggie, I will keep trying every few days. Soup goes down great YUMMM. I don't feel full ever! I do get pain in my chest if I eat too quickly or too much - although a few minutes later I can eat more (by eat, I mean drink LOL). All together I am in good spirits. I love that Dr O calls me every week to check on me. That is too nice.

How is everyone doing??

BTW I have been dreaming of food LOL I am sick, I know.

How are you doing lately with your sleeve, it's been a few weeks now?

Jim how are you doing with the sleeve, you should be a couple of weeks out now??

My sleeve is doing great...as of today I am down a total of 51 lbs. I do have a hernia that I am going to have surgery on next week, I think. but that should not give me too much trouble.

Thanks for asking.

Hey neighbors! Just checking in. I am just over 2 months post op and finally not fighting with my Sleeve anymore. I haven't got the full signals yet, so I do have instances where I get some pretty bad pain from overeating. One bite too much can send me over the edge - not good. Otherwise, I am doing well. I need to get back on my low carb kick and restart this weight loss.

How is everyone doing??

:grouphug:

Ok...I guess I'll update too...

I start on some regular foods this week. I tried chicken and Pasta (nom nom, is that how it goes Heather?) chicken got stuck the first time and came back up. I hate that feeling. I was experiencing the same thing back in 2000 and that is what led me to have the stomach surgery I did back then and ultimately to have the sleeve instead of the band. Funny how things work out.

Weight loss has slowed down drastically, but I should still be able to hit my goal for labor day. I'm down a total of 65 lbs as of this morning. I went to the Dr for my one month labs and I had only lost 6 lbs since my last visit. I was kinda disappointed with that.

I have gone from wearing a XXXL shirt and a 46 pants to this morning wearing an XL shirt and 40 pants. I am still a little dumbfounded by that.

I am in Henderson KY and am waiting on my date with Dr Weiss...impatiently:) Not sure if I am going to continue going through Georgetown Bariatric or just use Dr Weiss in Louisville. I am so glad to have found this site it is awesome!!

I am in Henderson KY and am waiting on my date with Dr Weiss...impatiently:) Not sure if I am going to continue going through Georgetown Bariatric or just use Dr Weiss in Louisville. I am so glad to have found this site it is awesome!!

I think Dr Oldham is the main doctor in Louisville and Hardin Co. Dr Weiss operates in the other locations. so if you come to Louisville you will probably get Dr Oldham. Which isn't bad. I've never met Dr Weiss but Dr Oldham is awsome.

Hello How is everyone??? My paperwork has been submitted to the insurance comany Humana for surgery in Lexington, with Dr. Weiss at Central Baptist. I hope they approve me first time around. I am supposed to have BMI if 50 for the sleeve and I come in at 49.9 so we will see. I hope everyone is doing well and losing, losing, losing!!! I can't wait to be on the losers bench with you guys. I does kind of suck to have surgery around the holidays but hopefully I can get it done early enough to be back to regular foods so at least I can have a little of the Thanksgiving meal. :lol:

Hello How is everyone??? My paperwork has been submitted to the insurance comany Humana for surgery in Lexington, with Dr. Weiss at Central Baptist. I hope they approve me first time around. I am supposed to have BMI if 50 for the sleeve and I come in at 49.9 so we will see. I hope everyone is doing well and losing, losing, losing!!! I can't wait to be on the losers bench with you guys. I does kind of suck to have surgery around the holidays but hopefully I can get it done early enough to be back to regular foods so at least I can have a little of the Thanksgiving meal. :lol:

Good luck with the paperwork!!!!!!