Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My hubbie hates me, lmao

Ok, so I had my 2-week follow up, after 8 days because dr is going out of town. She asks how I've been doing. Told her I was great just missing the texture of foods. So what does she say? She told me I can go onto the mushie/soft food stage. After 8 days!! Her reasoning is that the only reason we go onto liquids is because we need to heal. Well, I have, she is happy, and the chicken salad I ate about 7 bites of was good except for the abundance of onions.

Well, with the diet switch, I had to drag the hubby to the store to get some acceptable foods. (I couldn't keep them in the house without eating them, yes I am weak willed :) ) Anyway, today is payday, we went to the store for our month of groceries, saved around 150$, and forgot my card at home. I had to use the hubbies. Now, I am sitting at home telling myself that I can have this or that for dinner, yet i am not hungry. I did notice, when walking around wal-mart there is a lot of nasty, fatty foods out there. I never saw it because i was buying it. Once I had to be more aware of it, I saw how much junk everyone is eating.

Oh, and I officially through the dr. lost 12 lbs the first 8 days, happy dance, lol. She was blown away with that number and the fact that the only pain i have can be controlled with tylenol and that is only at night or when I first get up. I am healing great, just itch. She also explained what the funny thing on my belly is, it's the muscle that doesn't line up where it does when I am all bloated. Plus it is where the stomach part came out...

Ok, I have shared it all. I guess I will stop talking now.

Have a great Memorial Day!!!!

Wow, how did your doctor determine that you were ready to move on to mushies? I have 3 more days before I can go to soft foods (I go straight from liquids to soft). Yesterday and today I have been HUNGRY. I can't wait! Enjoy your food! Great job on the weight loss!

Ok, so I had my 2-week follow up, after 8 days because dr is going out of town. She asks how I've been doing. Told her I was great just missing the texture of foods. So what does she say? She told me I can go onto the mushie/soft food stage. After 8 days!! Her reasoning is that the only reason we go onto liquids is because we need to heal. Well, I have, she is happy, and the chicken salad I ate about 7 bites of was good except for the abundance of onions.

Well, with the diet switch, I had to drag the hubby to the store to get some acceptable foods. (I couldn't keep them in the house without eating them, yes I am weak willed :) ) Anyway, today is payday, we went to the store for our month of groceries, saved around 150$, and forgot my card at home. I had to use the hubbies. Now, I am sitting at home telling myself that I can have this or that for dinner, yet i am not hungry. I did notice, when walking around wal-mart there is a lot of nasty, fatty foods out there. I never saw it because i was buying it. Once I had to be more aware of it, I saw how much junk everyone is eating.

Oh, and I officially through the dr. lost 12 lbs the first 8 days, happy dance, lol. She was blown away with that number and the fact that the only pain i have can be controlled with tylenol and that is only at night or when I first get up. I am healing great, just itch. She also explained what the funny thing on my belly is, it's the muscle that doesn't line up where it does when I am all bloated. Plus it is where the stomach part came out...

Ok, I have shared it all. I guess I will stop talking now.

Have a great Memorial Day!!!!

I'm happy for you. But I don't know how she could know your staple/suture line is healed by looking at your outside. So go easy. Very easy.

I was also lucky pain wise. I was only on regular strength tylenol from about 12 hours after surgery. The high test was making me sick. I did have pain in my shoulder but it was about 10 days later before I realized it might have been the gas. And I still don't know where the gas went as none left me that I knew of.

And the weight loss is amazing!! Be careful and go slow, but in other ways you are tearing up the track!

I really can't tell you how she made the choice. I have been doing pretty good on what I have tried though. Let me tell you my stomach, and taste buds, don't have any complaints. But your moving of liquids to soft is like mine. In about 2 weeks I move onto solids. I guess as long as I feel good and all is well, she knows what she is doing. :D

Wow, how did your doctor determine that you were ready to move on to mushies? I have 3 more days before I can go to soft foods (I go straight from liquids to soft). Yesterday and today I have been HUNGRY. I can't wait! Enjoy your food! Great job on the weight loss!

Congratulations! I am counting the hours until Monday , my 3 week mark, when I get off thin liquids and on mushies/soft food. I can't WAIT!

I really don't mind my doctor being conservative though, this sleeve is for the rest of my life so I want it good and healed.

Meanwhile.... Protein shakes. GAG.

I always think it's interesting how each dr has a different protocol for the same procedure. My dr has his pts do a 3 day full liquid pre op diet followed by the first 3 days post op on Clear Liquids then followed by 5 wks of full liquids and then solids. I know I'll be ready to eat after 5.5 wks of liquids but i also have comfort that my tummy will be nicely healed by that time. Good luck to us all!!

I know from reading all of these posts that everyone is different. I tried soft foods yesterday and still feel ok. I wake up this morning and feel like can eat again, but I am going cautiously with a Protein Shake. I know that my sleeve is one of the best things that has happened to me and I am not going to ruin it. I feel that a person, more so than a doctor knows how they feel. A doctor knows partly what is best, but we know too. My doc said I could, yesterday felt great, texture wise. But I know not to push it.