Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today, is day 18 for me, I feel good, pain is non existent now except if I over do it, then I have some minor pain -

Yesterday was a blah day for me, I wasnt mad, wasnt really happy, just rather blue - I chalked that up to hormones and tried to be as pleasant to everyone as I could :)

I have more stamina now, I am able to walk walk walk and not get tired or hurt, use to be, that I would get a few isles down in a store and my legs, hips and lower back would hurt and I would have to take a break - not anymore :)

Yesterday I went to the Eye dr and got some new glasses that I knew I needed for a long time - I havent worn glasses since I was a kid, but I knew my eyes were not in tip top shape - I found the cutest glasses ever, and I cannot wait to get them - lol silly I know

Today I am going to the hair dresser and I am getting a brazilian blowout and highlights and a cut - I am getting a "makeover" before I go back to work on tuesday to go with the New me :)

All in all this week has been good, and I am so blessed to be where I am now.... OH OH OH, I forgot to mention the best thing - the spoke with the Dr and he said that is was ok to start on the mushy foods now YAY, and I found a Protein Shake yesterday at GNC that I can stomach!!! YAY

Life is good, thanks for listening to me ramble :)

Sounds like you are recreating your life exactly how it will make you happiest. I am happy for you. Be sure to post pics of your new 'do!

I got pretty bummed after surgery for a little while. I think alot of it had to do with the crappy weather. It has rained almost everyday this spring to make for the wettest spring ever here in Buffalo. Just so dark and dreary. I am just thankful that we are not flooding and having horrible storms like some other areas. While even a week postop I felt an increase in energy, I got really bummed when I wasn't losing pounds a day. I actually gained a few pounds during my hospital stay from all of the IV fluids, so when I got home the weight just flew off for the first week and a half. When I'm feeling down, I just need to put myself in perspective. Like, look at what I was like last year at this time. Cheer up, things will get better, especially since you can have mushies now!

Even though everyone fights the hormonal surge (I cried for days initially), you sound like you're taking the bull by the horns and making yourself feel good! Hooray!! You are being so nice to yourself that you have inspired me! I haven't been treating myself to some nice stuff for a while -- hmmm . . . perhaps I should do some shopping! :D

Hooray and big hugs!

Hi Michelle, I was just finished posting in my journal about yesterday and "blue" is exactly how I stated I felt all day. I attributed it to the weather which was very dark clouds and rain off and on all day. But we needed it so badly here that I was really glad to see it, so maybe it was hormones. I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that the scale didn't move yesterday! lol. I am at day 11 post op and yesterday was the first time the scale didn't move at all. This morning I was down a little over 1/2 pound so maybe this will be a better day. Interestingly enough, day before yesterday I did not get my protien in. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, too soon to tell I think. What protien shake did you find? My protien shakes that I used to like are starting to nauseate me! I really like herbalife dutch chocolate but it just doesn't have enough protien. I think it is 9 g and with light soy milk of 6g it totals 14 grams. Since I am only able to hold so much I have been trying to really boost the protien so I am using an additional scoop of Top Care vanilla with it that packs a whopping 20 grams making my shake 35 grams! At that rate I only need to get 2 down but for some reason they have begun to make me feel sick after getting about 1/2 down. How much protien does yours have per shake? I got some protien shots from GNC and I just cannot stomach them, they are aweful!!! You had 3 weeks off work? I go back Tuesday and I am actually looking forward to going back, maybe having something else on my mind other than this "journey" will help. As crazy as it seems, I am bummed that I have only lost 10.1 pounds since surgery. That doesn't seem too bad but I looked back in my journal and I have only lost 3.1 lbs since last Friday! That seems extremly low this early in the process! Does it to you? I mean when you consider I am getting at best about 500 calories a day it seems like it should be more. I mean I was eating more calories in a day that I eat in a week now! And it doesn't seem like inches are coming off, you know how sometimes the scales don't move but inches are falling off? Well that isn't happening either that I can tell. I know that I need to be patient, but that has really never been one of my stong points! And truthfully any weight lost is a victory I guess I just thought with such drastic measures, results would have been much more drastic! Does that make sense? I am thinking when I go back to work no one will be able to tell any difference at all! It is really interesting to me how some people just melt off the pounds very quickly and others hit stalls and it comes very slow! I can't figure out what the difference is attributed to. Everyone seems pretty consistent in what they are doing. Good luck to you and keep posting! Have a great memorial day weekend, sans the typical cook outs...that will be different this year,m won't it?

Oh Michelle, I am so happy you are feeling so good!! It will make you feel even better when you get your makeover!!

I am happy that you get to go to mushies!! I hope you have better luck that I do.

Hugs,

Kelly ;)

I am soooooo jealous! I am so sick of Protein drinks and liquids ! Even though I get mushies Monday it seems so far away!

I did have some SF pudding last night- just half of a little cup, and it went down fine. OOOH- what are you going to eat first? I'm shopping today to have everything ready for Monday to make the ricotta bake and a few other things I am dreaming of. I jut wish I could sleep until then!

Don't forget what I told you about the hormones- as the fat burns the hormones flood. It is not even unusual to need an antidepressant for a time. And lucky you to have your new do and to know everyone at work will be blown away when they see you!

ANd hey- no fair being blue when you get mushies! GRRRRR! ;-P

I know your tired of the Protein shakes, I am too, but I am still drinking them to make sure I get in my Protein - Ughhhh

My first mushy thing was refried Beans with a little cheese melted in - Yumm lol

I went yesterday to the store and bought the stuff to make the ricotta bake as I have wanted that since I saw it on the egg face site.

I am extremely happy with my new dew! :) and I think I am out of the "blues" at this point as well - I got up early this morning and its a beautiful cool breezy morning here, so I mixed my Protein shake and took it out side and sat on the patio drinking my shake and enjoying the cool breeze and all of the birds chirping away - it was a most relaxing morning to say the least -

One thing this surgery has really taught me is.... We all really need to stop and smell the roses - we have been given a new lease on life, we really need to stop and fully enjoy it!

Cheers to you all, have a fabulous Happy Weekend! :)

I am soooooo jealous! I am so sick of Protein drinks and liquids ! Even though I get mushies Monday it seems so far away!

I did have some SF pudding last night- just half of a little cup, and it went down fine. OOOH- what are you going to eat first? I'm shopping today to have everything ready for Monday to make the ricotta bake and a few other things I am dreaming of. I jut wish I could sleep until then!

Don't forget what I told you about the hormones- as the fat burns the hormones flood. It is not even unusual to need an antidepressant for a time. And lucky you to have your new do and to know everyone at work will be blown away when they see you!

ANd hey- no fair being blue when you get mushies! GRRRRR! ;-P

Hi Michelle,

I am soo happy that you are feeling better. Also glad that you got to eat something! How did the Beans feel? Mine didn't go so well. I even put a little Water in them and they still felt stuck! :angry: The ricotta bake is THA BOMB!! I have ate that the most over the past week, had it again last night. I really need to find other things to eat tho!

It is really cool and breezy here today too! Just came in from walking the dog and I am burrrrr! :P

Keep me posted on new things that you try and how they go down!

Hugs,

Kelly

I know your tired of the Protein shakes, I am too, but I am still drinking them to make sure I get in my Protein - Ughhhh

My first mushy thing was refried Beans with a little cheese melted in - Yumm lol

I went yesterday to the store and bought the stuff to make the ricotta bake as I have wanted that since I saw it on the egg face site.

I am extremely happy with my new dew! :) and I think I am out of the "blues" at this point as well - I got up early this morning and its a beautiful cool breezy morning here, so I mixed my protein shake and took it out side and sat on the patio drinking my shake and enjoying the cool breeze and all of the birds chirping away - it was a most relaxing morning to say the least -

One thing this surgery has really taught me is.... We all really need to stop and smell the roses - we have been given a new lease on life, we really need to stop and fully enjoy it!

Cheers to you all, have a fabulous Happy Weekend! :)

Kelly,

The Beans went down well, better after they cooled then when they were warm?? not sure why - I did try mashed potatoes with some gravy, and I have to say, didnt like them much - I LOVED mashed potatoes before surgery, now not so much, although I did like the gravy and did eat a bit of that, and I HATED gravy before surgery - its funny how your tastes change.

Last night I tried some hummus, because DR said that was a good thing to eat, and it went down pretty good, the flavors were a bit strong, but a few bites was good.

Scrambled eggs for me ( on the juicy/wet side) were awesome - my tummy seemed to like them alot, and today I am going to try some cottage cheese and apple sauce and see how that goes.

I hope things get better for you and eating, I know your having such a hard time, but hopefully thats just because your tummy is still swollen, and given some time you will be able to eat again.

HUGS to you :)

Hi Michelle,

I am soo happy that you are feeling better. Also glad that you got to eat something! How did the Beans feel? Mine didn't go so well. I even put a little Water in them and they still felt stuck! :angry: The ricotta bake is THA BOMB!! I have ate that the most over the past week, had it again last night. I really need to find other things to eat tho!

It is really cool and breezy here today too! Just came in from walking the dog and I am burrrrr! :P

Keep me posted on new things that you try and how they go down!

Hugs,

Kelly

Oh I am absolutely swooning to read what you have been eating! I a shopping today for Monday since my guys will be gone tomorrow shooting a wedding- I'll get the ricotta bake ingredients, and the Beans too. YUMM!!!!

Luckily Harry's Hofbrau is down the street from us and they have cream of chicken Soup today so I will get two- one to strain and eat tomorrow and the other for Monday, my golden day.

Kelly if things don't get better for you in a week I would talk to your doctor, maybe you need balloon down there to stretch the area a bit. This seems long to have swelling- but maybe not! I will know better after I try eating mushies myself.... SO near yet so far!

I am not sure, but maybe things might be getting better!!!

I pureed some chicken noodle Soup from Progresso this afternoon. Seems weird that the chicken in it has the same texture that the chicken salad I made did and it didn't bother me at all! I don't know if it was because it was liquidy and went down with the Fluid or what, but I felt fine after eating almost 1/2 cup!!!

I have not had 1/2 cup of anything in almost 3 weeks!! I think I will finish the can and then maybe try the chicken salad again. That was 5 days ago and maybe, just maybe the swelling has gone down a little!!

I made some salmon salad, but have not tried it yet. I think I might try it for dinner.

Wish me luck!!

Hugs,

Kelly ;)

Oh I am absolutely swooning to read what you have been eating! I a shopping today for Monday since my guys will be gone tomorrow shooting a wedding- I'll get the ricotta bake ingredients, and the Beans too. YUMM!!!!

Luckily Harry's Hofbrau is down the street from us and they have cream of chicken soup today so I will get two- one to strain and eat tomorrow and the other for Monday, my golden day.

Kelly if things don't get better for you in a week I would talk to your doctor, maybe you need balloon down there to stretch the area a bit. This seems long to have swelling- but maybe not! I will know better after I try eating mushies myself.... SO near yet so far!