Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On my 3rd week stall... so Disappointed :(

I think your doctor is interested in "his" statistics rather than yours! He may want to be able say that "his" patients lose X amount of weight in X amount of time. Don't fall for it.

You got some great advice here from the other posters so take care of yourself Starry. Our weight WILL come off and it is probably kinder to our bodies to do it a bit more slowly than 7 or 8 lbs a week!

I just looked and it seems like you're doing ok as far as food intake overall.

I think your surgeon may have an unrealistic goal in his head. For someone to lose 45lbs in 7weeks they would have to average a 6.5lb loss per week. Is it possible...sure...but is it reasonable to expect EVERYONE to meet that goal. ABSOLUTELY NOT! Keep plugging away, you WILL get there. It won't be on your surgeons schedule (the ass) but you WILL get there.

Will you come with me on my next visit to my surgeon? I'm already bracing myself. I'm just today 1 month out and in the past 2 weeks I have lost 3.5 pounds. Some honeymoon, huh. Honestly, I'm not one who swears a lot but there have been quite a few f bombs dropped in this house in the past 2 weeks. I'm using an on line site to record every bite I eat. I'm "low capacity" (according to them) averaging 3 ounces per meal. I'm very close to getting the Protein I need and staying with complex carbs for anything left over. I am using the Protein Shots which they don't like but my health is more important than their "yes/no's". I use just 1/3 of a shot a day and for mine that's 7 grams. To me it's a help but no biggie. And with an average of 400 calories a day (than goodness for tuna fish and fake eggs), I have lost 3.5 pounds. I hate my body more now then I did 2 months ago. I had a lot more hope then.

And they've looked at my diet and have no additional suggestions. But that's the dietitian. I'm bracing for the surgeon. He's sometimes not a warm and funny man. I'm trying (very hard) to take the attitude that I've done what I can and am doing what I can, and that maybe it will just take me 2 years to get where others are in 90 days. I hope they can see it that way.

I think you are doing very well, too. It is almost impossible to do a 'low carb' diet without taking in more fat. Most low carb foods have fat. cheese, meat, eggs, etc. And for no more than we can eat at each sitting, I won't torture myself by eating lowfat ( which equals children's paste) items like sour cream, cream cheese, etc. The full fat versions of these items won't kill me when I can only eat a tsp of them =)

Don't come down so hard on yourself. You are gonna get to goal in no time and don't let your Dr. pressure you. You are losing just fine.smile.gif

Sometimes I get discouraged- I've lost 44# in 10 weeks. My doc and nutritionist both have said that people who start with a lower BMI than others (mine was 40) lose "slower" than those who start with a higher BMI. I have to remind myself that I didn't become overweight overnight (though I like to think I did), and I shouldn't expect to lose it overnight. I eat high Protein, meats and cheeses, and drink tons of Water daily so I know I'm playing by the rules. I also know that the faster the weight comes off the skin will become extra loose, maybe by losing slowly we're doing our skin a favor. It always helps me to zero in on a negative persons shortcomings- like bad breath, a booger in the nose, etc- maybe your doc is a big booger with halitosis!! Best wishes!!!!!

I'm BOLDING this so you see this, and I want this to stick in your brain, and more importantly in your heart and soul;

You have lost 25% of your excess weight in less 2 months post-op, do you know how phenomenal that really is? ? ? In addition to post-op weight loss, you've dropped 40% of your excess weight since starting your journey, I don't know, but can someone give a HALLELUJAH around here for those results? ? ?

Now, on a more serious note; how are you blood sugars looking after being diagnosed with diabetes just before surgery? How are you feeling about your clothes fitting? I know you're a little exhausted, but other than that do you feel the doom and gloom you felt when that diagnosis and hospitalization hit you in the beginning of March? ? ? Or, are you optimistic, and looking to the future free of insulin and having to poke yourself constantly? ? ?

HUG

It's really important to remember that your surgeon is not a god. He/she is human and failable. Surgeons tend to be on the arrogant side too...you have to be in order to be confident in cutting a human open! wink.gif They are the expert in surgery...YOU are the expert in you.

400 calories per day is a scary small amount IMO. My usual Protein shake is 160 calories, I can't imagine only consuming two of those per day. If you're not taking in enough calories you won't be burning any either. Your body will shut down all non-essential operations and wait for the famine to pass.

I know it's counterintuitive to eat more...but by golly eat more!

Will you come with me on my next visit to my surgeon? I'm already bracing myself. I'm just today 1 month out and in the past 2 weeks I have lost 3.5 pounds. Some honeymoon, huh. Honestly, I'm not one who swears a lot but there have been quite a few f bombs dropped in this house in the past 2 weeks. I'm using an on line site to record every bite I eat. I'm "low capacity" (according to them) averaging 3 ounces per meal. I'm very close to getting the Protein I need and staying with complex carbs for anything left over. I am using the Protein Shots which they don't like but my health is more important than their "yes/no's". I use just 1/3 of a shot a day and for mine that's 7 grams. To me it's a help but no biggie. And with an average of 400 calories a day (than goodness for tuna fish and fake eggs), I have lost 3.5 pounds. I hate my body more now then I did 2 months ago. I had a lot more hope then.

And they've looked at my diet and have no additional suggestions. But that's the dietitian. I'm bracing for the surgeon. He's sometimes not a warm and funny man. I'm trying (very hard) to take the attitude that I've done what I can and am doing what I can, and that maybe it will just take me 2 years to get where others are in 90 days. I hope they can see it that way.

I'm BOLDING this so you see this, and I want this to stick in your brain, and more importantly in your heart and soul;

You have lost 25% of your excess weight in less 2 months post-op, do you know how phenomenal that really is? ? ? In addition to post-op weight loss, you've dropped 40% of your excess weight since starting your journey, I don't know, but can someone give a HALLELUJAH around here for those results? ? ?

Now, on a more serious note; how are you blood sugars looking after being diagnosed with diabetes just before surgery? How are you feeling about your clothes fitting? I know you're a little exhausted, but other than that do you feel the doom and gloom you felt when that diagnosis and hospitalization hit you in the beginning of March? ? ? Or, are you optimistic, and looking to the future free of insulin and having to poke yourself constantly? ? ?

I'm fat and old dammit Tiff I'm NOT BLIND LOL.. :)

I LOVE YOU!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

I haven't had any Medformin or Glipizide since surgery YEAH!! I've been ranging between 70-92 on my blood pokes... when I was admitted on the 6th of March it was over 300 LOL I'm GOOD :) I've stopped the finger pokin everything!!

Ok fats.. lets talk to this fat girl here... I can do Peanut Butter.. do I just eat the spoon full? I'm allergic to Avocados UGH no guac for me and I'm in Texas... What other fat things can I eat.. I sometimes want to eat more than 3 times a day is that ok? but small.. I only make myself take 5 bites of whatever I'm eating cause I don't want to hurl.. Some say I can eat more and I should try but the thought of hurling just pains me LOL I'm not a good cookie tosser.. Hell who is LOL

I didn't do this surgery to lose quickly or be the next top model. *Snappin* We're ALL Already there we're SMOKIN HOT!!! LOL I want to be healthy and in all honesty I really thought it would come off easier cause I have purchased everything low fat or sugar free do I not buy those things? I'm confused... Tiff you know I'm nutrition stupid so it's gonna take someone to say "OK Starr this is what you eat ... this is what you DONT eat.. LOL

I appreciate you all so much I can't wait till I get the hang of this and get on track and do well... :) I Love my Dr... don't get me wrong he's freakin amazing I can't say enough and maybe he's saying that cause he knows I need to feel like I'm succeeding cause I did invest my life savings in this I have no insurance so maybe I am taking his talk out of context.. Hello My name is Starr and I'm blonde.. case closed LOL... :)

Thanks so much everyone!!

Happy memories day lets all go have some BBQ :) OH GOD I want some BBQ so freakin badly UGH

I

Ok fats.. lets talk to this fat girl here... I can do Peanut Butter.. do I just eat the spoon full? I'm allergic to Avocados UGH no guac for me and I'm in Texas... What other fat things can I eat.. I sometimes want to eat more than 3 times a day is that ok? but small.. I only make myself take 5 bites of whatever I'm eating cause I don't want to hurl.. Some say I can eat more and I should try but the thought of hurling just pains me LOL I'm not a good cookie tosser.. Hell who is LOL

Spoon full of Peanut Butter, Hummus, BUTTER yes BUTTER forget that margarine crap! IF you're gonna eat fat might as well eat the real dealwink.gif LOL, Full fat sour cream, Cream cheese, Yogurt (low sugar variety) full fat cheese. DO NOT FEAR THE FAT!!! You're eating tiny quantities of food, The total fat you're going to consume is going to be tiny too. so long as you're not gorging yourself on frozen custard sundaes nightly you'll be fine! I haven't eaten dinner yes and I've already consumed 31 grams of fat today (ate some fatty fish at lunch YUM) I expect dinner will add another 10-15 grams to my daily total, I am totally and completely fine with that. Especially because a stomach bug swept through our house yesterday and I didn't keep much of anything down LOL.

I eat 4-6x's per day. 3 "meals" and 1-2 Snacks...sometimes I eat 3 Snacks just depends on the day and how I'm feeling.

I had my 1 month visit yesterday and only lost 3 lbs since my 2 week visit. He told me I was doing great. I told him that the 3 lbs is since the begining of week 3 and he told me about the 3 week stall. I started laughing becuase of course I have READ ALL ABOUT IT! Like everyone said if you are doing low carb you need to up your fat. I have problems with fat so I am doing low fat with more carbs. Mind you that there are two things that I refuse to compromise on when I do do fat and that is butter and mayo. :) everything else i can live with. That is great about the diabeties. I too have stopped taking my meds for that. Since I started on the mushies and there are more carbs in it, I have had to start a 1/2 dose of the glipizide, but thats ok too because I am on the softs now and its all about the Protein. So I expect that to go away again too. Your doc is a jerk to make you feel like that. Just saying. Keep up the great work!

Listen to what the doctor has to say then forget the comment he is disappointed. Accept what you are doing and how hard you are working. You are doing GREAT!!!.

My nutrition says 1-3 pounds per week is good. You seem to be right in that guideline. Everybody is different. You are losing. I am lucky my surgeon did not give me any weight goals or anything. I go back in a few weeks for my 6 month followup. My pcp is very pleased. My A1c is down to 5.2 and I am off all diabetic medication. I just found an old letter from my PCP and my A1c was 7.0 over a year ago. I would now be classified as non-diabetic.

I am very interested in others saying we need more fat when doing low carb. I am currently in a stall and have only lost 1-2 pounds this month total but I have lost 72 since presurgery/post surgery total so I am happy. I am at my lowest weight since 1986. If I don't lose anymore I can say that I would be okay with that but I do want to try for up to another 25 lbs total

Hang in there.

Just a little nice suggestion, Land O Lakes makes a real butter spread with added Olive Oil. It's very light and spreads thin. I love it!!! Love those Omegas.. yum yummm!!!

http://www.landolake...-with-olive-oil

I'm fat and old dammit Tiff I'm NOT BLIND LOL.. :)

I LOVE YOU!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

I haven't had any Medformin or Glipizide since surgery YEAH!! I've been ranging between 70-92 on my blood pokes... when I was admitted on the 6th of March it was over 300 LOL I'm GOOD :) I've stopped the finger pokin everything!!

I didn't do this surgery to lose quickly or be the next top model. *Snappin* We're ALL Already there we're SMOKIN HOT!!! LOL I want to be healthy and in all honesty I really thought it would come off easier cause I have purchased everything low fat or sugar free do I not buy those things? I'm confused... Tiff you know I'm nutrition stupid so it's gonna take someone to say "OK Starr this is what you eat ... this is what you DONT eat.. LOL

I appreciate you all so much I can't wait till I get the hang of this and get on track and do well... :) I Love my Dr... don't get me wrong he's freakin amazing I can't say enough and maybe he's saying that cause he knows I need to feel like I'm succeeding cause I did invest my life savings in this I have no insurance so maybe I am taking his talk out of context.. Hello My name is Starr and I'm blonde.. case closed LOL... :)

Thanks so much everyone!!

Happy memories day lets all go have some BBQ :) OH GOD I want some BBQ so freakin badly UGH

YAY YAY no more pokin' well no more finger-pokin! ! ! (that still came out naughty)

Nuts (cashews, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, hell macadamia nuts are my favorites), yep eat Peanut Butter by the spoonful that's quick, easy fat-filled calories. I used full fat cream of Soups for cooking chicken and beef in the crock pot. Toss a can of cream of XX Soup with 2 chicken breast and that fed me for a good 2-3 days. Shred the chicken with 2 forks. and VOILA that's a meal. Ground turkey or beef taco meat with sour cream/greek yogurt and full fat cheese.

You do gotta eat more. I'm a puker either, and the band really got me to where I seriously hated to puke. Start with easy moist meat salads like chicken or tuna salad throw some olive oil in there, with a little greek yogurt or ranch dressing. Just buy full fat stuff, dressings, gravies, use food lube (condiments) until you get comfortable eating bigger quantities. It does take time, but I swear food lube helps the transition.

Full fat cheeses, get you some parmesan (the hard parmesan blocks) and make you some cheese crisps. http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/cheesecrisps.htm

Dip those bad boys in some refried Beans, hummus, sour cream, you can flavor them with cajun or creole seasoning, garlic/pepper sprinkle.

So to help avoid carbs, but have yummy barbque, make this: I omit the bacon or use turkey bacon

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/saucesandmarinades/r/nosugarbbqsauce.htm

Get you a 2-3pound roast (we don't eat pork) so beef is what I use. Oh yeah, do you have a crock pot??? If you don't, invest in one this weekend. Then go to the baggie/foil/trash bag aisle and get some crock pot liners.

Then trim the outside fat from the roast, toss it in the crock pots, sprinkle it with black pepper and garlic powder, dump the barbque sauce over the top of it. Set it on low for 6-8 hours, fix it and forget it. The fat will rise to the top, skim off the excess fat with a spoon, then remove the roast, shred it with 2 forks, then put it back in the sauce for 10-20 minutes to heat it through with the sauce. YUMMY YUMMY, this freezes really well, and can defrosted and reheated.

I ate 4 meals per day Breakfast around 8-9, lunch 12-1 late afternoon lunch/early dinner 3-4 and then dinner between 6-7:30. I only ate green veggies, I didn't have room for other ones.

You can do it chickee ! ! !

I just came off a stall myself. I has wls on April 4th 2011 in Mexico. I healed very well and very fast. I have been on solid foods for over 2 weeks now. Progressing from mushies to solids, The dreaded stall started. I'm guessing my body couldn't take the confusion and stopped working completely and started hoarding what fat I have. lol.. Anyway, after almost 3 weeks, I stepped on the scale this morning and lost 2 lbs. Not a major loss, but after the stall I was excited to see my scale wasn't broken after all! mad2.gif Stick with it and Good luck! party.gif