Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have any rather odd or unique goals?

For example- when I first weighed after avoiding it for 10 years I was shocked to my soul. You see, I had been 260 pounds when I was fully pregnant and I was sure I would never be that heavy again as I gained 60 pounds during my pregnancy. Well there I stood- surely the blood drained from my face- I was 277....and not pregnant.

So my first goal was to be lower than 260. I did that five days after surgery.

My next goal, also a little different- is to be able to use the scale I grew up with, which I ended up with and used all my life. I was devastated to be over the 250 maximum it weighs because it was so shocking to me what had happened since my back surgery.

I am at 251 today ...so hopefully any day!

This is a bit wacko as I am sure it is probably not even an accurate scale any more- and I have two other scales now ;-P I just want to be able to use it...because!

My final goal- of course besides getting to my goal weight- the main goal! is to weigh less than my husband. I have weighed more than him since we met almost ten years ago(I think) and it just feels so wrong to me- especially since he is 6 foot 1 and I 5 foot 7! (The man Snacks constantly- of course since my sleeve it seems like he has really stepped it up so that he seems to eat ALL THE FREAKING TIME :P ) but he never goes over 210 and is generally at 207 so my next goal is 205.

Anyone else have personal goals that might vary from the usual fitting into movies seats, fitting in to airline seats etc. - NOT that I do not share those too!

Mine was to weigh less than my hubby. I hit that goal for like a week, then he had jaw surgery and has been on a liquid diet for 4 weeks so he currently 5 lbs under me. So almost there again, though I am sure once he can eat real food again he will gain some weight back ;)

The other was to be able to cross my legs, which I was able to do as of 2 weeks ago :)

Two of my "can't wait to be able to do" goals could be considered a little odd. At the fair that comes through my town about once a year they have this "ride" I guess you could call it that I have wanted to go on for years. My sister calls it "the giant jumpy thingy", and I wish I had a better name for it. Pretty much you step into a harness and you are suspended between two bungee-cord-like ropes. Once you are up it is like being on an extreme trampoline... you start jumping and can go ridiculously high and do flips and such.

My second is rather extreme... I want to learn how to hang-glide. I have always loved flying and I think it would be an amazing experience.

ummmm I have several goals that seem odd....like "Fit in a lawn chair" and "shop at a second hand store" lol

her is my list of goals:

1. Go to the fair and ride all the rides

2. Shop at Victoria Secret

3. Go to a major theme park

4. Be able to shop at any store

5. Have someone ask me for diet advice

6. Wear boots that go up the calf

7. Dance without feeling self conscious

8. Ride a horse

9. fit easily into a plane seat

10. Shop at a 2nd hand store

11. Swim in a bathing suit

12.Have professional Pictures taken

13. Be excited to go shopping

14. Ride a bike

15. go hiking

16. run

17. Go on a Cruise

18. Wear my 1st pair of high heels

19. Roller Skate

20. Own a Lawn Chair

Hi Meggie

I have been faithfully following your videoblogs since before your surgery. I really like your optimism and perspective on this whole weight loss journey. I am six weeks post surgery so just a little ahead of you. I have lost 40 pounds since my first doctor's visit in January, 24 pounds since surgery.

My unique goal is to go to a Zoo or Amusement Park with my young nieces and be able to keep up with them for the entire day without "rest breaks." I am planning to go to Disneyland in June with them so I will be able to see if I meet my goal in a few weeks! Another goal is to golf 18 holes without a cart and not be too tired at the end. My sister says to let her know when I am ready to try this one. I am aiming for mid-July. Lastly, I would like to be able to swim laps for exercise in our local Y pool. So far I am way too self conscious to get in the pool with all the other serious lap swimmers. But maybe soon!

And Jenny - I really like your list. I am going to start my own list today and then cross things off as I accomplish them.

Awesome goals!!! Thanks, I have to learn how to do the cross off font thing that I see people have on their pages....or just put a date beside them as I do them!

Take a family picture that my husband has wanted for almost 10 years now!

And of course, many more!

Well, one of my mini-goals was to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight...my oldest daughter is 10 years old. So for the last 10 years I have been playing with about 60lbs, I would lose some, gain back more (you all know the cycle I'm talking about!)

Now that I'm down -65lbs, I weigh less than I did when I first got pregnant with her. YAY!

Great thread!

Ok here are/were some of mine:

1 -- to get to 250 (don't know why but it was a marker -- I could never seem to be lower than that) -- DONE!

2. ride a horse -- DONE!

3. to get to 220 (lowest weight since I was 25) - DONE!

4. to get to 200 (put me in overweight range) - DONE!

5. wear a size 12 (the size I was in college) - DONE (now wearing an 8 or 10) :)

6. GET LOWER THAN MY HUSBAND -- we are the same height -- he doesn't have a problem with his weight (fluctuates 5 -7 lbs) -- he's currently 171 (can get down to 165) -- I am within 7 lbs of the man!!!! whoot! :D

7. get down to 179 -- weight I weighed when I got pregnant my first child (WHO IS NOW 19 YEARS OLD!!) -- DONE!

8. interestingly enough, I have no other clothes goals -- I didn't anticipate being in clothes this size :)

9. I wanted to play golf again (was on my HS golf team) -- DONE!

10. I want to get to 169 -- my high end of "normal" for my 5'9" frame

11. I would like to get to 155 which would give me nice "padding" for maintenance. :)

What a great idea... something different to focus on...

1 - to wear high heeled shoes all day without pain - done

2 - to wear my engagement ring all day and night without it biting me - done

3 - to weigh less than my husband - done

4 - to 'physically feel' my age or younger - done

5 - to appreciate ME; my body, my life, my family... enjoy the life I have and actually LIVE it! - done and ongoing...lol

Now, things in the future...

6 - to wear and make it look good - that lil black number

7 - to wear a two piece in reality not just my dreams

8 - have the confidence to go for promotion - not be so self conscious

=]

I had super trivial goals.

1) To see the bones in my feet

2) To shave my girly bits without worrying about shaving or nicking off important parts

3) To see that little triangle of light through my thighs

4) To weigh less than my husband ( I weighed 110lbs more than him at my heaviest)

5) To have one chin

6) To never walk into a Lane Bryant/Avenue/Plus size only store

7) To wear single digits

8) To wear regular pantyhose, ya know not control top

9) To wear calf high boots that were real leather without the stretchy elastic that plus size faux leather boots come with to accommodate huge calves

10) To wear non-stretch jeans comfortably

11) To get pregnant

All my to-do's are done.

I'm so not goal-oriented, it's sad. I did want to weigh less than my husband, and I am now like 4 kg less than him. :P

Right now, I would like to stop having anxiety attacks about what to wear to work. That would be just awesome. :blink:

1. To get back on a horse

2. to run

3. to not worry about going to a strange bathroom or conference room for fear of what size the chairs / stalls will be

4. to not have to wear the extremely uncomfortable full body undergarment I wear EVERY DAY to hold the guts in.

5. to wear shorts in public

6. to wear a bathing suit , of any kind, in public

7. to have sex with the lights on...well...maybe at least dim... for the first time

8. to be able to eat in public without feeling like people are staring at me

9. to not be afraid to do things for fear of rejection

One year ago come June 13th.... A Navy recruiter came to my house and took my oldest son off to Boot Camp. On August 13 I went to Great Lakes to see him graduate. He had 6 hrs with us before he was flown off to his Apprentice School. He is now stationed over seas...

I swore to myself that the next time I see my son I would not look/feel like i did at his graduation.... See photo gallery.

Well, in 12 more days i'm leaving to go visit him. My goal is to have lost 45 lbs since he last saw me (I was 215). I have 4 lbs to go and i'm working it! I want to weight less than 170 when I step off that plane. I want my son for the first time in 12 yrs to be able to put his arms around me.... He still might weight a few lbs less (The Navy keeps him in shape) 5'10" and weights all of 155-165.

That is my first goal. I want him to be so proud of his mother when he introduces me around base. If he can serve his country... The least I can do for him is to get healthy.