Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apparently I suck. I'm beating myself up and I know that I made poor choices over the long weekend but I figured it would be ok since my calories are still so low.

I had some potato chips and 3 clamato and vodka over the long weekend of camping. I was just celebrating getting into the 100's and now I'm back up to 201. I know didn't drink nearly enough Water and I know that this is temporary weight gain but it still blows. I know its not real fat weight gain because I'm still only eating 500-600 calories a day but it sucks to see the scale give you a great big middle finger when you stray at all.

Back to high Protein, low carb which I know works. I will change my ticker back to 201 when I get home to keep myself accountable. I'm bummed at this tiny setback, self-inflicted or not.
:(

You know it's just Water weight from the sodium in the Clamato juice... :-) Double up on your Water and it will be gone (probably plus more) in a couple of days.

Meg

Don't beat yourself up too bad. You can't be perfect all of the time, we are human!! At least you recognize what you did and you can move on from it. Besides, we can't go thru the rest of our lives and never have a drink or a potatoe chip! We just can't have them everyday!

You know what works for you and how to correct it! Just get back on that horse and carry on. It is O.K.!!

Kelly :D

Wow...clamato and vodka...sounds so tempting right now. I think that I'd have trouble justifying that as part of my liquid diet if I indulged :)

All the more reason to hurry on to goal, ha?

Don't beat yourself up! It looks like you are doing great!

Holly

What it definitely did was show me how addicted to carbs I am. There's Cookies in our lunchroom at work today and its taking a feat of superhuman strength to not grab one. I'm eating my cottage cheese under duress ;)

Awww - it will be OK. Clamato = Salty. Get down a few bottles of Water today and that weght will be gone by Thursday :-)

You can't beat yourself up - you have to live your life again after the surgery and if clamato and vodka is part of your social life, then so be it. You just have to double up on the Water afterwards. SOunds like you are serving your pennance with the lunch temptations today. Funny, I have found that I can eat Cookies and they go straight down, no problem. BUT, I feel queasy for hours afterwards. Do you think that stopped me from eating a cookie again? No. It was stupid, but it happened. Get back on task and drink that water!

ToDream,

you were on a lil holiday... good for you for having a few treats and enjoying them... the sleeve is a tool that allows us to do this... you don't 'suck' ... like the others have said, those pesky few pounds will be gone in a day or two...

keep up the good work and remember, human is good...lol =]

Coops is right, this is a tool that helped you stay on track after your weekend of fun and even during. It's so great that we still can enjoy life and are able to go back on track afterwards. I know that before the sleeve had I broke my cycle on the weekend and saw that kind of weight gain I would have just given up. I love my sleeve and I'm sure you love yours too. Congrats on getting to onederland, that's why you were celebrating anyways. Nothing wrong with that!! Way to go!

Hey, at least you confronted the problem and know what to do now. The chips and the drink are both salty, so as you already know, it's just Fluid retention.

Good for you for calling yourself out. You will do just finesmile.gif

BTW, you don't suck. If you didn't indulge every now and then, I think you wouldn't be normal.

'eating your cottage cheese under duress'......Hilarious.biggrin.gif

Apparently I suck. I'm beating myself up and I know that I made poor choices over the long weekend but I figured it would be ok since my calories are still so low.

I had some potato chips and 3 clamato and vodka over the long weekend of camping. I was just celebrating getting into the 100's and now I'm back up to 201. I know didn't drink nearly enough Water and I know that this is temporary weight gain but it still blows. I know its not real fat weight gain because I'm still only eating 500-600 calories a day but it sucks to see the scale give you a great big middle finger when you stray at all.

Back to high Protein, low carb which I know works. I will change my ticker back to 201 when I get home to keep myself accountable. I'm bummed at this tiny setback, self-inflicted or not.

Hey girl,

sorry for the gain, but it sounds like you have things under control. You will be back in onderland soon!!

Hugs

ToDream, don't worry - the exact same thing happened to me when I first dipped into the 100s. I treated myself (indulged), then it took 5 days to get back down to the 100s.

Like everyone says, Water. You got this!

<3

Hi there. How do you get that weight loss tickers to post?

You copy and paste the html bb code into your signature. I had to try a few before I found the one that actually worked