Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared and worried about the first month post op

I'm petrified about surgery. I know this will be a wonderful gift for myself and my family. I'm just so scared about the first month post op. I'm so worried about it, I keep forgetting the end goal...which is I will hopefully be 100lbs lighter. I'm scared I'll never be able to eat again and will have to live on Protein shakes/liquids forever. I keep telling myself this is highly unlikely, but I can't get my brain to let go of the fear. I've watched tons of youtube vids and see everyone doing great a month out so that should reassure me. Anyone else dealt with this kind of fear? I know the change will be huge and I just hope I handle it well cause there is no going back once its done.

Hi, Well, yesterday was my 30 days post op, and I celebrated by eating meatloaf. So you won't be on liquids forever. I still take my Protein Shakes religiously, buy I also eat real food. You will too. We have to take it slowly, because our tummys are healing. I am healed on the outside, but my stomach is still healing. The shakes will be with me for a while, but that's ok. When I feel like a snack I take a little piece of Laughing Cow soft swiss cheese, or a yogurt. It makes me feel normal. I had the band before this, so I'm accustomed to stages of eating. Before I was sleeved, I worried about everything. It's very normal. I too, have 100 lbs. to lose. I'm on my way! Good luck!

I'm feeling the same way too so your not alone! I understand that I wont be able to eat nearly what I can now, but I want to be able to still go out with friends to a restaurant and no just drink water! Keep reading posts on this site its a great help!

I totally understand- and I am in the middle of it on day 10. Know every day gets a little better- I can drink so much more easily now that those first few days and every little discomfort is worth it because of the mystifying way that my body, a slow loser always in the past, has somehow lost lost 25 pounds since I started the pre-op diet.

I do think this is a hard, time, I wont sugar coat that- and I encourage you to have a nice long time with no stresses and the ability to kick back and be good to yourself. But this is the best thing I have done for myself along with the Water aerobics habit i can't wait t get back to.

I'm definitely scared as well. I'm getting close, June 7th is my scheduled surgery. I'm reading everything I can find and getting my grocery list ready....setting up my support network...but I'm still so nervous about the surgery. You're not alone! the posts here are so helpful :)

I'm definitely scared as well. I'm getting close, June 7th is my scheduled surgery. I'm reading everything I can find and getting my grocery list ready....setting up my support network...but I'm still so nervous about the surgery. You're not alone! the posts here are so helpful :)

I am not yet 30 days post op and I had tuna salad for dinner. Yes, it was pureed and not real fancy. But you really will be amazed at how easy it is compared to regular old dieting.

Wow Meggie,

Congrats on the 25 lbs!! I am so glad you are doing better. I know you really struggled at the beginning. You should have heard me in the hospital after hearing about you and heparin: Heaprin, it that heparin? I don't want a big giant bruise!! Can I get it in my arm? By the way, one tip the nurse told me is not to rub the spot where you got the shot. It makes the bruising worse.

Lynda