Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scarless VSG surgery in Southern CA was $18K. I had too low of BMI for insurance to pay. HA HA, I was medically obese but just not obese enough. My surgery was an outpatient procedure. I had no drain, no staples at incision site, no morphine needed, no catheder like so many others report after surgery. Yikes for those of you who I read about where you are hospitalized for days.

• Included preop diet foods, 3 months of Dr followup appt. Included free weekly support groups including ongoing nutritional, psych and other general help for life.
  • Excluded preop testing such as EKG, Upper GI and bloodwork.
  • Normal insurance pays for my follow up visits at 6 months and 1 year.

No regrets, worth every penny spent!

Hi, I am still in Tijuana, MX as I type this. My surgeon is Dr. Jaime Ricardo Ramos-Kelly, and my patient coordinator is Trish. I had an excellent experience with my surgery. I have never seen a dr more caring and concerned for his patients. He is very personable and friendly. The cost was $5500, which included everything, except for my flight into San Diego(flight was $400 roundtrip). Dr Kelly's experience and skill was even more impressive than the price. I used the florence Hospital, which was nice, and very clean. There was security around the clock. The only pain/discomfort I felt was the gas pain immediately post surgery, and it was not as bad as I expected. The next day that was much improved and has improved better every day. The nurses kept meds such as antibiotic, PPI, pain meds, fluids, in my IV around the clock. I did have a drain, which was small and did not bother me, and no catheter. The drain did not hurt at all when it was removed, Dr Kelly did it very quickly. I did notice that the slight soreness I had felt that I thought was from the surgery itself, was relieved when the drain was removed. I was provided free transportation from the airport to the hospital, and from the hospital to the hotel. I stayed 2 nights in hospital and got 2 nights in hotel(but I am leaving today, a day early). I was provided an x-ray of my new sleeved tummy to take home with me after my leak test. I was provided free meds to take home which included pain, acid-reducer, antibiotic, antiseptic type spray for incisions, gauze and tape for incisions. I was given post-op instructions on meds and a drs excuse to be off work for 4 wks. The hotel accomodations were also included, and I am very impressed with it, the rooms are very nice. They also have security here, so I never felt concerned for our safety. The restaurant at the hotel has really good chicken broth and also a wonderful Tortilla Soup. Dr Kelly and Trish are 2 of the most caring people I have ever met and go above and beyond to ensure your comfort. You get many visits a day from them and even while at the hotel they come to visit you and make sure you have everything and your needs are met. Trish is a sweetheart, and made sure we had everything we needed. She brought me Gatorades and Jellos to the hotel. They are never rushed to leave your side, and answer all your questions, and even take the time to sit and socialize with you. I enjoyed meeting and hanging out with my sleeve sisters that I met through this site. My sister came with me and has stated many times that I am healthier post surgery than pre surgery and look better, and I certainly feel better. She can't believe how well we are all doing this soon after surgery. We are hoping to come back in the near future so she can get the procedure as well. I am having no trouble getting liquids down, or walking around. My energy level is great. Since around 4 pm yesterday, I was able to get in around 40 oz gatorade and about 4 oz broth, and a cup of pineapple jello(not all at one sitting). I look and feel as though I have not had surgery. I don't know if this was the proper place to post this, but I wanted to get it out while everything was still fresh on my mind. I plan on posting in "my story" and also in a blog about my experience from pre-op liquid diet forward. If you have ANY questions please feel free to send me a message I would rate my entire experience here with Dr Kelly on a scale of 1-10 a definite 10!!! 4 days post-op and I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!:love:

:hippie:

$12,000 in Asuncion, Paraguay -- with Dr. Carlos Paiva. Would pay more now if you asked ;) It's been a terrific experience.

$5k Tijuana MX Jerusalem Clinic, Dr. Almanza

$8750 in Almater Hospital, Mexicali, Mexico with Dr. Aceves. No nausea, vomiting, or complications. Best thing I've ever done for myself other than going to grad school.

Like Kelly L. above I too was a Dr Ramos-Kelly patient. Her experience mirrors my experience and can sum it up in a couple of words - Amazing and a blessing! I loved both Dr Kelly and Trish and have had and excellent experience thus far!

I love my sleeve! I am constantly sharing my story with those who ask questions, are concerned about going to Mexico or are considering the VSG procedure. My surgery was $5300 on Jan 6, 2011. I know the price has increased to $5500 now - worth every single penny. Many people pay 3-4 x what I paid. Dr Kelly has performed 1000's of these procedures. His bedside manner is unlike any I have ever experienced. A kind caring Christian man who spent time conversing and learning about me and my family - and sharing about his. I would return in a heartbeat and recommend him to family and friends!

Enjoy your journey!

Kim

I, too, paid $8750 for Dr. Aceves and though I know there are other competent doctors who are cheaper, I felt he was the most experienced and I liked the idea of recovering in a hospital with 24/7 monitoring for 3 days. Mexicalli was very safe - my surgery sister and I walked a city block from the hotel to GNC and a grocery store the night before surgery and not once did I feel threatened.

I would do it again in a heartbeat and now my husband is even considering it as well.

I spent about $16,000 in Austin Texas. $8,000 for the hospital (one night stay), $6,000 to surgeon, $1,200 to anesthesiologist, $100 for nutritionist plus miscellaneous fees for pre-op labs, appointments etc. Worth every penny and would do it again tomorrow! :D

It was Kimmes who convinced me to go to Dr. Kelly and I am so glad she did! :D Kelly L was my sleevesister and we were there at the same time. I have posted my experience on "My story" and it includes a lot of details about Tijuana, so even those who are going to a different doctor might benefit. I paid same as Kelly, $5500 and I still can't believe it was that inexpensive considering all I got out of it.

I could not trust anyone but Dr. Aceves after reading all his credentials. I was willing to pay more money for my peace of mind knowing of all his experience.

Hi, my name is Nikki. I was self pay. I went to Tijuana, Mexico and had surgery with Dr. Ramos Kelly. My experience was very similar to KellyL. I paid $5300 for the all inclusive package. The only thing you will pay for outside of that is flight round trip which I found for $250 per person from kc, mo to San Diego, ca.

I loved my experience and so far love my decision and my sleeve. I am just about 6 weeks out and have lost 26 lbs. and 19.5 inches over my body. Dr. Ramos Kelly was fantastic. He was very professional and seemed like he had been doing this forever. He was calm, collected and simply doing his job which he does well. I would recommend anyone on the fence about this to do their own research, but I would reccommend Dr. Kelly over and over again. I don't feel the need to put a long detailed story on here as it is so similar to many others, but please please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

I paid 15,700 it did not include all the pre op testing but covers a full year of post op labs and surgeon visits. I had it done in S. Ca my insurance won't cover it because my BMI was 38 and I did not have the *right* co morbidities. I am over the moon about my sleeve.

Total out was $13,800 in Bakersfield, CA (includes surgeon, hospital, and anasthesia). Also includes all follow-up visits with surgeon. Dr. Irani and his team are awesome.

Scarless VSG surgery in Southern CA was $18K. I had too low of BMI for insurance to pay. HA HA, I was medically obese but just not obese enough. My surgery was an outpatient procedure. I had no drain, no staples at incision site, no morphine needed, no catheder like so many others report after surgery. Yikes for those of you who I read about where you are hospitalized for days.

• Included preop diet foods, 3 months of Dr followup appt. Included free weekly support groups including ongoing nutritional, psych and other general help for life.
  • Excluded preop testing such as EKG, Upper GI and bloodwork.
  • Normal insurance pays for my follow up visits at 6 months and 1 year.

No regrets, worth every penny spent!

Where did you have your surgery?

I'm self-pay in Austin, TX with Dr. Ganta. I'm paying $14,500 for the doctor, the initial nutritionist fitness and psyche, the hospital, anesthesiologist, etc. I have to pay for the pre op testing. It also includes 1 year of follow up.