Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to normal at 3 months

I was sleeved on 2/8/11. I went through the clear/liquid/mushies/soft food faster than recommended, but my body seemed OK with it.

At 3 and 1/2 months I now eat anything I want and feel great. I have lost over 60 lbs and am losing about 2 lbs a week. I am off bariatric Vitamins, my doctor said see you in 4 months, and told me to keep exercising.

I eat anything and everything, but not very much of it. It took me a while to learn when I had enough.

The trick is to stop one bite sooner than you think you should. I feel great, my knees and feet don't hurt, my BP is down, I haven't had a gout attack in 3 months, and I sleep great.

Yesterday I had Muscle Milk Lite and a Protein Bar for Breakfast, an "Oh Yeah" Protein Cookie Bar for lunch, and filet mignon, caesar salad for dinner. Today, I had the same breakfast and lunch and Pasta with sausage for dinner. I don't get hungry and have to remember to eat. Oh, and I had some Hagen Daaz coffee icecream as a snack tonight.

This is the best thing I ever did for myself!!!

Your mileage may vary, but go for it.

Congratulations. Your sleeve is working for you. You must be very proud of your progress. Keep up the great work you are doing.

I was sleeved on 2/8/11. I went through the clear/liquid/mushies/soft food faster than recommended, but my body seemed OK with it.

At 3 and 1/2 months I now eat anything I want and feel great. I have lost over 60 lbs and am losing about 2 lbs a week. I am off bariatric Vitamins, my doctor said see you in 4 months, and told me to keep exercising.

I eat anything and everything, but not very much of it. It took me a while to learn when I had enough.

The trick is to stop one bite sooner than you think you should. I feel great, my knees and feet don't hurt, my BP is down, I haven't had a gout attack in 3 months, and I sleep great.

Yesterday I had Muscle Milk Lite and a Protein bar for breakfast, an "Oh Yeah" Protein Cookie Bar for lunch, and filet mignon, caesar salad for dinner. Today, I had the same breakfast and lunch and Pasta with sausage for dinner. I don't get hungry and have to remember to eat. Oh, and I had some Hagen Daaz coffee icecream as a snack tonight.

Yesterday I had Muscle Milk Lite and a Protein bar for breakfast, an "Oh Yeah" Protein Cookie Bar for lunch, and filet mignon, caesar salad for dinner. Today, I had the same breakfast and lunch and Pasta with sausage for dinner. I don't get hungry and have to remember to eat. Oh, and I had some Hagen Daaz coffee icecream as a snack tonight.

I am nine days out and I have some questions-

Do you follow any of the rules we have all been kind of given-ie, counting carbs, 64 plus ounces Water, the protein, etc. ? I always wonder when I see posts from further out.

I am nine days out and I have some questions-

Do you follow any of the rules we have all been kind of given-ie, counting carbs, 64 plus ounces Water, the Protein, etc. ? I always wonder when I see posts from further out.

Now or then?

After surgery I followed all the rules in the "Green" book I was given by my doctor. The only change I made was to accelerate moving from one stage to another. ie. from clears to liquids to mushies to softs to solids. I arrived at solids about 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Now, I eat lots of Protein (60-80g/day), drink lots of liquids, but then eat anything I want. If I want a snack (rarely as I am not hungry) I have whole grain crackers.

Like I said, Protein Bar and drink (and coffee) for breakfast, protein bar for lunch, and whatever I want for dinner.

The other thing I have found is that although I have no physical hunger, I have psychological hunger such as when there is a pizza commercial on the tube. When that happens I force myself to ignore it, but then may have pizza for dinner that night.

Congrats I the weight loss Redcobra! I am hoping to be in your shoes when I get to the losers bench and beyond the liquids & purees & mushies!

Can I ask you a question? Were you a volume eater or an emotional eater? I keep hearing folks on the other side talking about not "feeling hungry" - I don't eat from hunger most of the time -- I eat because it tastes good or because I'm filling an empty space. I'm hoping with the sleeve I lose some of my "interest" in food. While I'm at work (job is very demanding) I can go all day without eating (very bad habit) but at night when I'm not so busy I can eat like a starved locust!

I am going back into counseling to learn more non-eating self soothing behaviors. I'm just wondering if I will be able to recognize what "not hungry" feels like.

Congrats I the weight loss Redcobra! I am hoping to be in your shoes when I get to the losers bench and beyond the liquids & purees & mushies!

Can I ask you a question? Were you a volume eater or an emotional eater? I keep hearing folks on the other side talking about not "feeling hungry" - I don't eat from hunger most of the time -- I eat because it tastes good or because I'm filling an empty space. I'm hoping with the sleeve I lose some of my "interest" in food. While I'm at work (job is very demanding) I can go all day without eating (very bad habit) but at night when I'm not so busy I can eat like a starved locust!

I am going back into counseling to learn more non-eating self soothing behaviors. I'm just wondering if I will be able to recognize what "not hungry" feels like.

I tend to eat out of boredom now. My mind can wander to food (ie. I used to gourmet cook French, so I may wnader into thinking about complicated sauce recipes). Ads and smells also trigger an emotional response. If I am by myself without an external stimulus I forget to eat. When I stand up too fast and get dizzy I remeber to snarf a Protein bar.

I tend to eat out of boredom now. My mind can wander to food (ie. I used to gourmet cook French, so I may wnader into thinking about complicated sauce recipes). Ads and smells also trigger an emotional response. If I am by myself without an external stimulus I forget to eat. When I stand up too fast and get dizzy I remeber to snarf a Protein bar.

I was wondering what kind of Protein Bars you buy? Do they taste good? And how many calories and carbs do the bars contain? I was thinking about getting some for inbetween Snacks to keep up on my Protein. I know this is alot of questions but actually have 1 more. What stores do you purchase these bars at. If not too many carbs/calories I would like to get some. Thanks !!

Also great job on your weightloss!! :D

I was wondering what kind of Protein bars you buy? Do they taste good? And how many calories and carbs do the bars contain? I was thinking about getting some for inbetween Snacks to keep up on my Protein. I know this is alot of questions but actually have 1 more. What stores do you purchase these bars at. If not too many carbs/calories I would like to get some. Thanks !!

Also great job on your weightloss!! :D

I buy my Protein Bars and Muscle Milk Lite from GNC on the web using my gold card the first week of each month. I use the Atkins Day Break Cranberry Almond bars which have 10g Protein, 1 g sugar, 5g Fiber, and 150 calories. And the Oh Yeah Cookie Caramel Crunch bars that have 15g protein, 5g sugar, 1g Fiber and 180 calories (these are wonderful, but I also need the fiber from the Atkins bars).

I don't use them as Snacks, but as Meal Replacements.

Wow, congratulations RedCobra I just can't wait to be where you are today. I think you are doing a fabulous job with your diet and it was exactly what I have been looking for on here. Someone that is still losing, doing Protein, doing Water, but still eating food and good food at that.

I have done the same in the past. Just eat and eat to fill a void that will never be filled with food as hard as I tried. I am currently speaking with two very close friends that each have had bariactric surgery to curb my feelings on how I dealt with food before. I am glad to see you are getting the help you need because although this surgery will change the way you eat it does not change your mind set. It is odd and takes some getting used to, but yes I think the same thing will happen to you as far as losing some of your 'interest' in food. It's just that your not hungry. Your mind may think you are and you wil I'm sure attempt to at some point, but you will realize that you are full and or not hungry. I am only three weeks out, but I feel this was the best and only way to get to where I'm heading. Good Luck