Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This past monday, i was 5 weeks out....to me I have been losing slowly...i was 19 lbs down since surgery, 63 total including pre-op.

Yesterday I weighed myself, and the scale went up .6 then today another .4 for a full pound

I just finished my period so I was expecting it to go down more :rolleyes:

also this morning I had a BM, so when the scale went up i was mortified :(

I have been keeping my caloried under 800

my Water has been at least at 72ozs

my Proteins over 70

i am really getting frustrated.

my doc said 3 meals a day, but my friend who was sleeved in August says i should be eating 5-6 times a day...as I read most of you say on here...do you think I should call my nutritionist, or just wait it out a few days???

Bear in mind I started solids this past weekend, do you think that is it???

ughhhh

This past monday, i was 5 weeks out....to me I have been losing slowly...i was 19 lbs down since surgery, 63 total including pre-op.

Yesterday I weighed myself, and the scale went up .6 then today another .4 for a full pound

I just finished my period so I was expecting it to go down more :rolleyes:

also this morning I had a BM, so when the scale went up i was mortified :(

I have been keeping my caloried under 800

my Water has been at least at 72ozs

my Proteins over 70

i am really getting frustrated.

my doc said 3 meals a day, but my friend who was sleeved in August says i should be eating 5-6 times a day...as I read most of you say on here...do you think I should call my nutritionist, or just wait it out a few days???

Bear in mind I started solids this past weekend, do you think that is it???

ughhhh

This is my opinion but were I in your shoes I would up my calories a bit, to 80 or even 1000 a day and up my Protein to 80 - 90 a day. This is to give back a little to the body so that it's not so reluctant to let go of the fat. You'll feel better and kick start the losing cycle again. You didn't mention your carbs, but I would keep them at or below 30 a day. In a day or two, you should notice a difference on the scale. Sometimes it's hard to break a stall, but it's not impossible.

xoxo Renee`

I agree with YB, I think you need to up your calories. Your body might be getting into a starvation mode and slowing your metabolism. Also, what is your activity level? I see you are only 5 weeks out but if you aren't, I would try walking at least 30 minutes at least 3 times a week. When you are cleared for full exercise, bump it up a little. The exercise both burns calories and increases your metabolism. For me, the only thing that breaks stalls is increased exercise, increased Protein and making sure i get all of my fluids in.

Girlfriend! Back off the ledge! One pound gained does not a stall make! Let your body do its thing, it is often mysterious. You are doing everything right and sometimes the body just does not want to lose for a day or two... this is NORMAL. If you look at my weight loss patterns.. it is UP-DOWN-STAY the same, UP-DOWN-STAY the same, UP-DOWN-STAY the same... and on and on. Trust your sleeve, follow your plan, and the weight will keep heading down in the right direction however fast it deems fit. A true stall lasts about 3 weeks....this might happen too even if you are following the rules, pull out your ZEN and make something nice for dinner (on the plan of course). (and the exercise suggestions are great too)

Prior to this week I wasn't really tracking my carbs...since Friday, I have made an effort to keep them below 40g.

I cant exercise until 6 wks, so that is next week.

I am so afraid to up my calories omg :unsure: but I may try. Do you guys agree that I should incorporate Snacks in between to increase the calories, because i am pretty full with my meals now.

I know this is a lot of experimentation and trial and error I just dont want to fail :(

Girlfriend! Back off the ledge! One pound gained does not a stall make! Let your body do its thing, it is often mysterious. You are doing everything right and sometimes the body just does not want to lose for a day or two... this is NORMAL. If you look at my weight loss patterns.. it is UP-DOWN-STAY the same, UP-DOWN-STAY the same, UP-DOWN-STAY the same... and on and on. Trust your sleeve, follow your plan, and the weight will keep heading down in the right direction however fast it deems fit. A true stall lasts about 3 weeks....this might happen too even if you are following the rules, pull out your ZEN and make something nice for dinner (on the plan of course).

:lol: That truly made me laugh.. Thanks

Again, this is my opinion and what has worked for me. One of my very dear friends was a nutritionist and he told me "I don't want you to go more than 2 1/2 to 3 hours without putting some Protein in your body. This will speed up your metabolism. For every 100 pounds you weigh, drink a gal. of Water a day. Keep yourself hydrated and you won't deal with saggy skin, plus, dehydration stresses the kidneys etc." now, this part you can't do, there's just not enough room in your new tummy for a gallon of Water. However, keep hydrated, drink as much as you can.

With the mentality of "OMG this extra calorie will ruin me!" you will feel guilty about every morsel you put into your mouth. That's not healthy hun. You seriously NEED to feed your body, ok? I promise you it will work and you will lose, even with those extra 2 bites I'm telling you to take LOL I know exactly what you're feeling because I felt it too, when I was working with Don, but you know what? He was absolutely right. Now, do this and you will NOT fail: Eat CLEAN, that's the most important, eat clean. No junk. LOTS of Protein, healthy fats and water.

xoxo Renee`

Call the nutritionist, but how can you get that much in if you are only eating 3 times a day? And as far as the pound goes, I would try increasing your calories to 1000 - 1200 per day. I wasn't losing at all at 800.

Thanks Renee I think I will start incorporating Snacks...but I will call my nutritionist first (nervous nelly voice) lol

LOL! good idea. like i said, this is only my opinion and you're totally welcome to disagree with me!

Renee`

For example yesterday I ate the following;

Breakfast-A salmon salad with cottage cheese I found on a bariatric food blog-3 ozs=31 g of Protein

lunch-3 turkey meatballs with a little sauce sprinkled a 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese on top-25 g of Protein

dinner-black bean chipotle veggie burger(2.5ozs) w/ a slice of pepper jack cheese on top and a side of a babybel light- 16 g of protein

That was 72 g of protein/26g of carbs/683 cals

I also had 72 ozs of Water yesterday...

Breakfast-A salmon salad with cottage cheese I found on a bariatric food blog-3 ozs=31 g of Protein

lunch-3 turkey meatballs with a little sauce sprinkled a 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese on top-25 g of Protein

dinner-black bean chipotle veggie burger(2.5ozs) w/ a slice of pepper jack cheese on top and a side of a babybel light- 16 g of protein

The salmon salad sounds delish! Think I could get the recipe?