Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 8- Heaven opened and the angels sang

This was in my thread from this morning that got moved:

I woke up feeling much better than yesterday-still kinda weak but not unable to hold up the phone weak! Last night was the first night I did not have to take a pain pill before bed and then woke in a bit more pain- I have back and knee pain that are controlled with meds and they have really quieted down during this time of more medication!

I hit my 70 grams of Protein and 64 plus ounces of Water for the second day straight yesterday- thing is since my entire world revolves around it- seems like a no brainer I would! I am home bound, not so energetic, and it is raining here in No CA. I start the morning with a series of Fluid containers around me- Decaf tea, propel, water, and my first Protein Drink. And I start drinking and noting it...an the day goes by and I hit my goal.

I can' help but think that when I get a bit more food, as Swizzly said yesterday- I will be out more, up more. doing more. And I perhaps wont be so focused on food!

I have had a small amount of diarrhea every day but today that has solidified. I think it may have affected me more than I thought because my urine was a bit dark today so I am going to up the fluids again today!

I feel way too absorbed with bodily functions, and way too ruled by this thumby (thanks swizzly). I still have abdomen tenderness but the gas issue is gone other than the otherworldly burping- what I mean is the gas pain is basically gone.

I notice I cannot predict what will cause a bit if pain when I swallow it. Last night it was water- plain water!

This afternoons update next- re the angels...

This was in my thread from this morning that got moved:

I woke up feeling much better than yesterday-still kinda weak but not unable to hold up the phone weak! Last night was the first night I did not have to take a pain pill before bed and then woke in a bit more pain- I have back and knee pain that are controlled with meds and they have really quieted down during this time of more medication!

I hit my 70 grams of Protein and 64 plus ounces of Water for the second day straight yesterday- thing is since my entire world revolves around it- seems like a no brainer I would! I am home bound, not so energetic, and it is raining here in No CA. I start the morning with a series of Fluid containers around me- Decaf tea, propel, water, and my first protein drink. And I start drinking and noting it...an the day goes by and I hit my goal.

I can' help but think that when I get a bit more food, as Swizzly said yesterday- I will be out more, up more. doing more. And I perhaps wont be so focused on food!

I have had a small amount of diarrhea every day but today that has solidified. I think it may have affected me more than I thought because my urine was a bit dark today so I am going to up the fluids again today!

I feel way too absorbed with bodily functions, and way too ruled by this thumby (thanks swizzly). I still have abdomen tenderness but the gas issue is gone other than the otherworldly burping- what I mean is the gas pain is basically gone.

I notice I cannot predict what will cause a bit if pain when I swallow it. Last night it was water- plain water!

This afternoons update next- re the angels...

NOW ON TO THIS AFTERNOON....

So if you read my check in today before it was moved, I have started out rather weak again- better than yesterday but weak.

I have not made it out to walk for two days after having done that since getting home last Wedmesday.

That day, before I left the hospital, my doctor said my hematocrit was low and he was concerned it might be an oozing from my staple line. He had a stat CBC done and said if it was lower he would keep me another night, give me two units of blood and then see... but the new test was normal so home I came.

First this afternoon I got a call from his nurse (I had phoned in my weakness yesterday and spoken with my GP who said energy ebb is normal- however I had forgotten to mention the hrmatocrit to her). I was asleep when she called and got the message too late to reply but she basically said if I am still weak I will probably need to go in for another CBC.

Then...my nutritionist called- the call on Friday had just filtered to her finally- only now of course I was not panicking any more about how to drink without vomiting as that had stopped. I did tell her they should warn you that right after surgery is very different and not to be so freaked about getting Protein in.

Anway- we got around to my weakness and I gently broached the subject of Dr. Feng putting me on three liquids of clears/protein drinks even when I questioned it with him. I asked if getting less than 5 carbs a day and about 300 calories could possibly be why I can hardly move? (I knew he answer of course it is just one of those qualities of mine to ask the obvious sweetly) She reviewed his email to me and pointed uot that in the long list he gave me- tea, Water, broth, Protein Drinks, sf jello- he had said thin liquids. Well since he did not allow me the "full liquid" diet most of his patients start on I had seen that as the stuff he had just listed, period.

She started listing- thinned out yogurt, milk, thinned sieved cream Soups, and thinned cream of wheat.

I tell you a tear came to my eye! I asked about my favorite TJ's organic Tomato soup- YES!

So I sang and angelic chorus right there on the phone...hard to explain how that sounds but it will probably be on tomorrows video if you care....;-P She laughed!

OH my I am almost overwhelmed at the riches now before me! I am finishing up a 38 gram shake and then later- oh the possibilities!

It's funny how little tiny things like Soup can rock your world!

I had my surgery the same day. This morning I called it "Glorious Day 8". It's so funny, day 5 was good, but day 8 is so much better. I had my 1st post-op appt today and was moved to full liquids. I had a sf pudding tonight and it was heavenly. We will get there!

I returned to work yesterday but have been exhausted both days and needed a nap to make it through.

Maggie, I've been watching all your vlogs and the latest one, you really look like you've lost weight! Sometimes it's just a couple extra lbs and whammy you look so thin. Just wanted to let you know. I definitely see it your face. Glad to hear you get Soup now...enjoy.

I had my surgery the same day. This morning I called it "Glorious Day 8". It's so funny, day 5 was good, but day 8 is so much better. I had my 1st post-op appt today and was moved to full liquids. I had a sf pudding tonight and it was heavenly. We will get there!

I returned to work yesterday but have been exhausted both days and needed a nap to make it through.

I am in heaven with you as I await my husband bringing me my Tomato Soup thinned with milk. It will add 11 grams of Protein to top me off at 80 for the day and -yep 24 grams of carbs for the day- and that alone will

Maggie, I've been watching all your vlogs and the latest one, you really look like you've lost weight! Sometimes it's just a couple extra lbs and whammy you look so thin. Just wanted to let you know. I definitely see it your face. Glad to hear you get Soup now...enjoy.

Yes I think my face is thinner though in the one I just posted I am hunched down so my face is all schlubby again ;-P Thanks for watching!

I am 3 weeks out and drinking Water still hurts! :( I just want to turn up a bottle and drink it non-stop!

This does not seem right! I know it can take a while for some people - 3 weeks seems wrong. DO you sip just a tiny bt? My program recommends setting the alarm and then sipping only 2 ounces - then setting it again. I can do more now, and bigger sips but gulps can hurt.

Are you on full liquids? Have you asked your doctor about this?

I am learning to sip all of my shakes and drinks. The Protein tastes much better when very cold and you sip at it. Hopinginafter surgery I will find the same result. :)

I remember day 8 was the day the angels sang for me. Things just kept getting better from there. I would use a shot glass fill it with Protein or my crystal light or diluted juice. The small glass kept me from taking huge gulps and it looked less intimidating. I think by week four I could easily take a normal size swallow though no more then 3 or 4 at a time.

I remember day 8 was the day the angels sang for me. Things just kept getting better from there. I would use a shot glass fill it with Protein or my crystal light or diluted juice. The small glass kept me from taking huge gulps and it looked less intimidating. I think by week four I could easily take a normal size swallow though no more then 3 or 4 at a time.

I use the little one ounce cups they gave me at the hospital for the same purpose! It is interesting how we come up with similar solutions for shared problems. My swallows are so much bigger every day!

I'm SO EXCITED for you! I just watched your video (duh! before I read through here even, I got sidetracked and checked my email and then clicked on the link to your vlog lol) and I was clapping my hands like a dork and laughing. I'm so happy that you get to put something in!

XOXO Renee`

p.s. if I woke up anyone in my house and have to deal with their being mad at me, I'm blaming you. :rolleyes: LOL

Meggie

The yellow urine could just be the Vitamins you are taking, sounds like your getting your fluids but the Vitamins turn yuur urine yellow..:(

also I am 5 weeks out and for some reason plain Water tastes sooo heavy and hurts! I mix mine with Decaf s/f ince tea..yumm and goes down soo easy.. Glad your feeling better

Hope your energy is also coming back??

(Vitamins, they do make the peepee yellow lol. At least mine do.)