Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Knee Surgery on July 7....

Well I have two surgeries to get through in about 2 weeks time. I have to have arthroscopic surgery on my knee for a torn medial meniscus on July 7th, stitches out on the 14th, then leave for Vanderbilt in Nashville on the 17th for my surgery on the 18th. Wow, two surgeries in so little time seems like a lot to tackle, but I have to be able to get around so, therefore, the knee definitely needs fixed first. I'm getting anxious but not scared. I've faced one very serious surgery when I had my bypass heart surgery, and nothing in this world could be worse than that, so I'm anxious to get this over with. I want an epidural for the knee surgery. I don't want to be out if I don't have to be. I have no choice with the lap-band. So much to do and so little time. It took so very long to get to this point with injuries and delays in my surgery that I can't believe the time is almost here. I'm so ready for this new journey, and this board has been a huge inspiration to me in the time I've been hanging around here. I think I have a much greater understanding of what to expect after banding, and I know I've picked up some great recipes for mushy and solids when I go on them. My dr. wants me on Carnation Instant Breakfast and Water for days prior to surgery. I thought he might want me on something else, but he says Carnation Instant Breakfast is really high in Protein and he's the expert here.

Wish me luck please and keep me in your prayers. It's been a really rough few months for me first with pneumonia, then tearing up my knee and postponement of my surgery in June for what they thought were blocked carotid arteries and turned out not to be....but it's finally coming to an end and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

God Bless,

Dody

Dody, I wish you the best, and hope that you recover well from both surgeries. Congratz on getting the band surgery moved up. Make sure that you get plenty of Water, and try to move around as much as possible. Don't want to add blood clots to your list. :)

Good luck with the surgeries. I had the knee surgery you're having and the recovery is not bad but I would have to say the Lapband surgery was a much faster recovery.

I was thinking this would be the easier surgery to recover from, but apparently it isn't. Well...I need to be able to move around after banding so I can do my part and right now I'm just stuck with sitting and a walker of all things. I really can't go anywhere or get any excercise, so this surgery is a must. I'm hoping I recover pretty quickly because I have surgery within 2 weeks for the band. Just please keep me in your prayers. I'm determined after all the waiting to get this all done.

I will definitely be walking and aware of bloot clots. I'm a retired nurse and know what can happen. Thank you so much for your support.

God Bless,

Dody

Hey Dody, just thinking about you.

Lots of love and prayers for a quick recovery. Hang in there, it'll all be over before you know it! :)