Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Red Velvet Gang- How Ya Doing?

Alright peeps- my day six-

I got almost 80 ounces Fluid in yesterday! WOO HOO!

Not so good on the Protein but I am still figuring when to do it and what. I have a 30 gram chocolate with Decaf drink in the am and then will either do an Isopure or another drink afternoon and broth with Protein tonight. I figured out a pattern so today I really do think I will meet my docs 70 grams. It really helped me when someone posted that you should not worry about protein for the first week or so. That gave me permission to not feel guilty!

I still feel quite weak at the end of the day- also at first in the morning before I get fluids or protein in.

I take my acid pill first thing every morning and then a shower while my DH gets hot tea, Protein Drink, propel, and Water all ready for me.

This morning I tackled my hair- a total mess as I put it in a band and left it be until today (yuck). Unfortunately I got so weak during the rinsing of the conditioner I almost could not stand. So I need to be mindful I am not quite over it.

OK RVs- off for a walk!

Tell me how YOU are!

LOL!! Meggie I had to laugh at your post. I too, washed my hair on Monday and not agiain until, I think like Wednesday night???? I got so exhausted washing and rinsing I thought I would pass out, right there! Never thought taking a shower would make me soooo friggen tired!! WHEW!!

I also have a hard time getting my Protein in. I just do not know what to eat. I have Isopure and drink some, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup and usually do one of those a day. I have plain Unjury, but IT SUCKS!! I just can't seem to find anything to put it in right now that it tastes descent. I also do RTD drinks. I got about 50 grams yesterday which isnt too bad. Today, I have got about 40, and about to have dinner, probably another 10-20.

So, I think I am doing just OK, but could be better. I know when I can eat more than full liquids, I can get more, but I just worry right now!

Hugs

Kelly ;)

I'm on day 7, and still have some pain. No where near as bad as the first few days. I have been lucky and have finally started being able to walk around. I think it is because I hate standing still. Those few days where it hurt to move drove me batty. The only thing good out of it was that I was able to sleep. I think I am ready to go back to work after Memorial Day. I am down 9-10lbs and love it. I want to lose more soon. I am trying really hard on my liquids, dreaming about the mushies. I was told to aim for 3 cups, 24 ozs of Protein shakes daily. I think that puts me at about 60 g of Protein. I can usually do about 2.5 cups. then I get sick. I also have to drink a minimum of 3 cups of other liquids. I have been able to do that part no problem. I just stretch it out.

My son looked at me yesterday and kept telling me, and others as I was getting him from school, my mommy is getting skinnier. I loved it. When I went to the school to get him, as I work there too, my coworkers were telling me that I looked great. My principal asked me if I really should be up driving and walking. She thought I was nuts to be up and moving, lol.

Anyway, I am excited and wanting to dance for making it this far. One week down, a lifetime to go.

I'm 7 days out and still have to work to get in 30 oz. of fluids. I feel very uncomfortable after every sip, and I get gas bubbles if I try to go faster. My surgeon wants me taking in 64 ounces and the thought of that right now is completely overwhelming!

On a positive note: walking is super easy and I'm down 10.5 pounds from surgery day!!!

Everyday does get better! I remember thinking there is no way I can drink that much, I can pretty much take normal drinks now. You will too!! ;)

I am 17 days out and I feel pretty much normal....except I can't eat or drink much at one time!!

I still sound like a kitchen sink draining when I eat or drink anything too. It gurgles almost like you are trying to burp but don't. WEIRD and SOOO ANNOYING!

Kelly :)

I'm on day 7, and still have some pain. No where near as bad as the first few days. I have been lucky and have finally started being able to walk around. I think it is because I hate standing still. Those few days where it hurt to move drove me batty. The only thing good out of it was that I was able to sleep. I think I am ready to go back to work after Memorial Day. I am down 9-10lbs and love it. I want to lose more soon. I am trying really hard on my liquids, dreaming about the mushies. I was told to aim for 3 cups, 24 ozs of Protein shakes daily. I think that puts me at about 60 g of Protein. I can usually do about 2.5 cups. then I get sick. I also have to drink a minimum of 3 cups of other liquids. I have been able to do that part no problem. I just stretch it out.

My son looked at me yesterday and kept telling me, and others as I was getting him from school, my mommy is getting skinnier. I loved it. When I went to the school to get him, as I work there too, my coworkers were telling me that I looked great. My principal asked me if I really should be up driving and walking. She thought I was nuts to be up and moving, lol.

Anyway, I am excited and wanting to dance for making it this far. One week down, a lifetime to go.

I'm 7 days out and still have to work to get in 30 oz. of fluids. I feel very uncomfortable after every sip, and I get gas bubbles if I try to go faster. My surgeon wants me taking in 64 ounces and the thought of that right now is completely overwhelming!

On a positive note: walking is super easy and I'm down 10.5 pounds from surgery day!!!

This answer is for both of you- I found it almost imperative to actually set a timer for every fifteen minutes and then drink 2 ounces. In doing that I was able to get my 64 ounces. As soon as I got cocky and stopped setting the timer I fell behind. I think if you try that it will help and remember the Water is imperative to wash out the burned ketones as you lose and to help avoid stalls!

I can only drink a half ounce at a time without pain. I'm actually doing much better with the fluids this afternoon than I was this morning. I've also been drinking every fifteen minutes, which is very helpful.

That is great! Keep up the positive attitude. It gets better. I am on day 18 and I am feeling great!

I am a Fort Worth, Texas girl too! Who did your surgery?

Melinda

Good morning - I had surgery on the 20th - so a little over a week. My surgeons orders were broth and Jello and Water only the first week - I so wanted a Protein shake. Finally I get to add in my shakes yesterday and low and behold - even though I enjoyed them before the surgery - it twas too sweet. Blech - but I'm still sipping away. I now how the furry tongue too which is pretty unattractive. And my number one complaint (no regrets of course) is that I haven't lost any weight since my surgery. In fact I came home from the hospital 7 heavier than I went in with. I'm assuming that's all Fluid retention. Slowly it came off and today I'm back where I started with. I really really want to see that scale move and not be the only person who fails at this surgery.

Hope all is well!

They told me not to weigh myself for the first week because of all the Fluid retention. They said that most people gain weight because of all the iv's.

They told me not to weigh myself for the first week because of all the Fluid retention. They said that most people gain weight because of all the iv's.

ah. I wish I knew that before. I'll take a break from the scale for a few days.:-)

Yeah, my dr. told me not to weigh for a week because I would freak out! I did anyway because I just wanted to see. I gained 12 lbs! Seriously??? I lost it in 3 days of course, but DAMN!!

Don't get too discouraged about losing. I didn't lose too much my first week. It wasn't until I was able to get more fluids and stuff in that I started losing.

You will get there!

GOOD LUCK!!

Kelly :D