Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Red Velvet Gang- How Ya Doing?

I am day five and whoever said day five is a turnaround is So right! Today the liquids go down without pain!!!!!

This is huge as getting fluids in , Protein, Water, tea, anything- has been MAJOR work until today. I still have to sip of course, but don't have to wait for the pain to pass and the huge burps to subside for the next sips.

I am still setting my phone timer for every fifteen minutes and drinking 2 ounces as that has worked for me- and I keep a variety next to me to drink0 currently black Decaf tea, propel grape, water, and the nummy chicken broth my husband made for me with powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder in it.

Yesterday I managed about 48 ounces fluid/40 grams protein - today I plan to do better. One of my issues was that the Protein drinks I adored presurgery were suddenly yucky and actually caused me to vomit. I felt like the net had been pulled out from under me- and along with the pain, the gas, and the trouble drinking it made for a really hard few days. I admit I cried a couple of times day 2 and 3 feeling I would never be able to do everything I needed to do to heal and get back to life.

I have fibromyalgia and it was not until after surgery that I thought about what that might mean to my recovery. I am sure it amplified some discomfort.

I haven't been as good about walking and I need to do better- I just did not feel up to dressing and my walk in my robe extends to my block of long time neighbors who all know the crazy cat lady at the corner and have seen it before.

Anyway- for me five days is the charm- I am not at ALL worried about getting my fluids in today and am pushing to do a lot better than 64 ounces as I do find I have had diarrhea every other day. I don' know if this is normal and will talk to my dietician and doctor on Monday about progress in general.

I will get about 60 grams of protein today and when I get some more supplies should do better. My husband will be way buff since he will drink the Protein Drinks I can't abide now- and that leaves me scrambling and without the supplies I thought I had ready to go, For the record my solutions so far are Champion Pro something or other 100 mixed with 8 ounces of cold decaf coffee and belnded with three ice cubes in the morning for 30 grams, and Unjury unflavored powder mixed with that nummy broth I mentioned. I only have a couple of samples of that powder so have to look locally and in any case I do not like the amount of powder you have to use to get 20 grams, I would like a little more bang for my powder.

OK RV peeps- chime in with your story!

ps I have never, even when I was crying regretted this surgery for one minute!

Today is ALOT better for me too! Although, every day has gotten better and better!

I have upped my walking and fluids everyday. I still am not getting in all my Protein that I should. The shit gags me now!! I am trying my best, but YUCK!

I drank an Atkins strawberry RTD shake this a.m. and it was o.k. I tried to do Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement banana this afternoon, but ended up pouring it down the drain after about 3 drinks. NASTY!!

I had 1/2 c. really runny grits for Breakfast and ate almost all of them. About 1c. of chicken broth. 20oz of Decaf tea. 15oz Isopure Zero Carb Water. and now I am having a RTD 100 cal/no sugar added Muscle Milk Lite chocolate. It is nasty too, but I can choke it down. It is about 1/2 gone.

The gas still hurts, but now I have diaharreha YAY!!! I am kinda happy, because at least something is coming out!! LOL It is the first time since last Saturday anything has moved down there! LOL!

I am going to go for a walk with hubby and dog here in a few.

Hugs!

Kelly ;)

:D Hi, Meggie! You are doing fabulously! Incidently, I noticed GNC carries unjury products, so you might not need to order online. I am getting ready for my surgery on May 31--2.5 days of preop dieting already. I really cannot wait to have it done, and on the road to recovery. I spent a couple of hrs at the mall, walking and window shopping mostly. I did get Vit E cream for my incisions at GNC. It helps the healing process. Just have to take it a day at a time. So far, I have been able to get my 60-80g of Protein in. Happy about that!! Keep up the great work!

I am day 5 and whoever said day five is a turnaround is So right! Today the liquids go down without pain!!!!!

This is huge as getting fluids in , Protein, Water, tea, anything- has been MAJOR work until today. I still have to sip of course, but don't have to wait for the pain to pass and the huge burps to subside for the next sips.

I am still setting my phone timer for every fifteen minutes and drinking 2 ounces as that has worked for me- and I keep a variety next to me to drink0 currently black Decaf tea, propel grape, Water, and the nummy chicken broth my husband made for me with Unjury unflavored Protein Powder in it.

Yesterday I managed about 48 ounces fluid/40 grams protein - today I plan to do better. One of my issues was that the protein drinks I adored presurgery were suddenly yucky and actually caused me to vomit. I felt like the net had been pulled out from under me- and along with the pain, the gas, and the trouble drinking it made for a really hard few days. I admit I cried a couple of times day 2 and 3 feeling I would never be able to do everything I needed to do to heal and get back to life.

I have fibromyalgia and it was not until after surgery that I thought about what that might mean to my recovery. I am sure it amplified some discomfort.

I haven't been as good about walking and I need to do better- I just did not feel up to dressing and my walk in my robe extends to my block of long time neighbors who all know the crazy cat lady at the corner and have seen it before.

Anyway- for me five days is the charm- I am not at ALL worried about getting my fluids in today and am pushing to do a lot better than 64 ounces as I do find I have had diarrhea every other day. I don' know if this is normal and will talk to my dietician and doctor on Monday about progress in general.

I will get about 60 grams of protein today and when I get some more supplies should do better. My husband will be way buff since he will drink the protein drinks I can't abide now- and that leaves me scrambling and without the supplies I thought I had ready to go, For the record my solutions so far are Champion Pro something or other 100 mixed with 8 ounces of cold decaf coffee and belnded with three ice cubes in the morning for 30 grams, and Unjury unflavored powder mixed with that nummy broth I mentioned. I only have a couple of samples of that powder so have to look locally and in any case I do not like the amount of powder you have to use to get 20 grams, I would like a little more bang for my powder.

OK RV peeps- chime in with your story!

ps I have never, even when I was crying regretted this surgery for one minute!

:DHi, Kelly! You crack me up! But I am glad you are feeling better. One day, those Protein Shakes WILL taste great!! I am 2.5 days PreOp, so far so good. My surgery is May 31 and I am all ready!! Even admitted to the hosp on Fast Track status, so all I need to do is show up!! :) Keep up the good work!! Take care.

Today is ALOT better for me too! Although, every day has gotten better and better!

I have upped my walking and fluids everyday. I still am not getting in all my Protein that I should. The shit gags me now!! I am trying my best, but YUCK!

I drank an Atkins strawberry RTD shake this a.m. and it was o.k. I tried to do Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement Banana this afternoon, but ended up pouring it down the drain after about 3 drinks. NASTY!!

I had 1/2 c. really runny grits for breakfast and ate almost all of them. About 1c. of chicken broth. 20oz of Decaf tea. 15oz Isopure Zero Carb Water. and now I am having a RTD 100 cal/no sugar added Muscle Milk Lite chocolate. It is nasty too, but I can choke it down. It is about 1/2 gone.

The gas still hurts, but now I have diaharreha YAY!!! I am kinda happy, because at least something is coming out!! LOL It is the first time since last Saturday anything has moved down there! LOL!

Hugs!

Kelly ;)

I drank an Atkins strawberry RTD shake this a.m. and it was o.k. I tried to do Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement Banana this afternoon, but ended up pouring it down the drain after about 3 drinks. NASTY!!

I had 1/2 c. really runny grits for breakfast and ate almost all of them. About 1c. of chicken broth. 20oz of Decaf tea. 15oz Isopure Zero Carb Water. and now I am having a RTD 100 cal/no sugar added Muscle Milk Lite chocolate. It is nasty too, but I can choke it down. It is about 1/2 gone.

Hugs!

Kelly ;)

It is so hard to get the Protein thing going! I gave myself a break and concentrated on fluids.while I figured out what I can tolerate. Luckily the chocolate one I drink with decaf in the morning has 30 grams in 2 scoops- cause I have been told to geth 75 grams a day! Only clears and protein drinks for me until the 30th. Ouch.

I love hearing your experience since we are sleeve sistahs! Lets keep this three aline- unless you think we should start one every day. That way we can keep up with each other and keep everyone else apprised...I hate thinking i miss something from one of you.

:D Hi, Meggie! You are doing fabulously! Incidently, I noticed GNC carries unjury products, so you might not need to order online. I am getting ready for my surgery on May 31--2.5 days of preop dieting already. I really cannot wait to have it done, and on the road to recovery. I spent a couple of hrs at the mall, walking and window shopping mostly. I did get Vit E cream for my incisions at GNC. It helps the healing process. Just have to take it a day at a time. So far, I have been able to get my 60-80g of protein in. Happy about that!! Keep up the great work!

I think you will find unflavored will work after as well as before- mine has. Just don;t be too hard on your self the first week about protein. I have found that great advice- it will come as you heal.

Hello All!! Just checking in. My sister and I had our surgery on 5/13. We are still in the hospital due to some unforseen things that happened but we are doing great!! We are even racing down the halls with our IV poles this morning!!:D We will probably get discharged later on today and of course we will keep you posted. Everyone on here seems like they are doing great!! Take care everyone!

AWWW! I am so glad to hear that you and your sister did well!!

Walk, sip, rest...repeat! That is the real key to healing!

Keep us posted on your recovery!

Hugs!

Kelly ;)

Hey all I am home! I came home this afternoon and am feeling really good!

I am taking a long time to drink anything but the sip rest sip method is really working work me!

I find that it is harder to drink right after a sleep so I get up and active to help reduce the swelling and then it is easier.

It's so good to Hear everyone is doing well

Keep in touch!

Faye x x

I am having a tough time today! Just feeling mentally fatigued and run down. I am no where near getting all of my Protein and Water down. I am not sure if I still have some swelling or what the issue is. I can do about 2-3oz of Soup or Protein shake then I am so full, I think I might vomit. Maybe I am going to fast? It takes about 30 minutes or so to get that amount in. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling lightheaded and dizzy, but after some Protein Shake, I did feel better. Maybe my blood sugar was low?

Most of my surgical pain is gone today. Except when I have to move around in bed, theres one incision (where he took my stomach out) that totally kills me! I am on tylenol only for pain. I have tried to walk up and down our driveway to get some exercise in. My husband has been amazingly supportive of me!

I have lost about 9lbs since surgery so that makes me feel pretty freakin' good, at least!

Glad to 'see' that everyone is doing so well

Karen

Hey everyone! I had surgery on May 4th. I was very lucky not to have any bad side effects, including no gas pains which I think I was dreading the most. In hindsight, I think having a previous horrible c-section experience made this surgery much easier. I am also on a post-op diet that some of you might want to kill me for. Since day 6 I have been allowed a soft Protein diet, skipping the puree food altogether. My nut. Said my teeth were my blender. I was nervous at first, but haven't had any problems. It is so crazy only being able to eat half an egg then feel stuffed! For me, I struggle most with not being able to drink while eating and not being able to put much food in my mouth. I was a fast, high volume eater before and having to relearn the sleeve way of eating is a challenge with each meal. I hate shakes post-op and am not getting in enough protein...need to work on that. Down 17 pounds since surgery but tapering off now. Oh, anyone else get a period that they weren't expecting? Ugh, 2 weeks early and BAD!

Finallyformyself, I too, got my period 3 days after surgery. I had just finished a week before surgery and I have always been normal. That freaked me out, but dr. said it was fine!

I too, have always been a fast, high volume eater and this is a huge change for me!! I am still on full liquids right now, but know it is going to be weird for me to only eat 1/2 an egg and feel full! I always have been a big drinker with meals too. I have worked on that for 6 months prior to surgery, so I hope that wont be so challenging for me.

Best of luck to you!

Kelly :D

I am doing well, except the the incision where they did most of the work, hurts still when I get up and move around - I to got my period about 3 days after surgery when I wasnt suppose to - I just figured, my body is all mixed up right now and doesnt know what to do...

Today I am getting in more Protein through the Isopure drinks, I really like those pretty good.

I know for each of us, each day will get better

I'm doing great, maybe a little TOO good. Never had a problem getting fluids down. I can gulp as much as I ever did (but have to burp after). Pain has gone down. I can sleep on my side again. Drain is in until Thursday which is annoying but I'm dealing with it. The Protein shakes tasted really weird for the first few days but whatever caused that appears to have worked it's way out of my system and I can get them down fine now. I'm taking all my Vitamins. The Iron gives me rust flavored burps. Ewww.

I've already broken my pledge not to weigh myself for the first two months. I'm down 5 lbs from surgery and I don't know how I feel about that but I've put the scale back in the closet. I can start pureed on Wednesday and OMG I can't wait! I have never been so excited at the prospect of pureed turkey chilli before.

Hope everyone is well and rocking their sleeve.

Hello All!! Just checking in. My sister and I had our surgery on 5/13. We are still in the hospital due to some unforseen things that happened but we are doing great!! We are even racing down the halls with our IV poles this morning!!:D We will probably get discharged later on today and of course we will keep you posted. Everyone on here seems like they are doing great!! Take care everyone!

Hooray! I love picturing you love sisters racing each other in the hall. Please keep posting here- it is really for May sleevers- and not just for the TEN that I know to have been on May 9th. It becane Red Velvet after the giant triple layer one I made to eat during my last supper days! I want to know about yo two every day!

I am having a tough time today! Just feeling mentally fatigued and run down. I am no where near getting all of my Protein and Water down. I am not sure if I still have some swelling or what the issue is. I can do about 2-3oz of Soup or Protein shake then I am so full, I think I might vomit. Maybe I am going to fast? It takes about 30 minutes or so to get that amount in. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling lightheaded and dizzy, but after some Protein Shake, I did feel better. Maybe my blood sugar was low?

Most of my surgical pain is gone today. Except when I have to move around in bed, theres one incision (where he took my stomach out) that totally kills me! I am on tylenol only for pain. I have tried to walk up and down our driveway to get some exercise in. My husband has been amazingly supportive of me!

I have lost about 9lbs since surgery so that makes me feel pretty freakin' good, at least!

Glad to 'see' that everyone is doing so well

Karen

HI Karen- so glad to see you here!

one thing I have realized is the post op experience runs a huge gamut and all (or mostly all) is normal.

I found yesterday the day that suddenly I could drink without pain- I pray your day is soon! Before that it was a miserable thing trying to get it in.The swelling- I think. I now set my alarm on my phone to go off every 15 minutes and drink 2 ounces. My post op stuff recommends that and that has really helped. Even being able to drink easily now (no pain- still not too much at once) I will slip behind on quantity if I don't do that- maybe you can try that,

I am weak still- so that seems normal.

Keep posting so we know how you are doing1

Hey everyone! I had surgery on May 4th. I was very lucky not to have any bad side effects, including no gas pains which I think I was dreading the most. In hindsight, I think having a previous horrible c-section experience made this surgery much easier. I am also on a post-op diet that some of you might want to kill me for. Since day 6 I have been allowed a soft Protein diet, skipping the puree food altogether. My nut. Said my teeth were my blender. I was nervous at first, but haven't had any problems. It is so crazy only being able to eat half an egg then feel stuffed! For me, I struggle most with not being able to drink while eating and not being able to put much food in my mouth. I was a fast, high volume eater before and having to relearn the sleeve way of eating is a challenge with each meal. I hate shakes post-op and am not getting in enough protein...need to work on that. Down 17 pounds since surgery but tapering off now. Oh, anyone else get a period that they weren't expecting? Ugh, 2 weeks early and BAD!

Congratulations on being post op!

You are kinda right- I don;t hate you but I just envy you! 3 weeks of clears and Protein Shakes loo high above me...

Apparently lots are reporting those periods- I am menopausal so at least that is missing...

encourage you to find some protein sources that work and get in the habit to ensure you don' burn muscle instead of the squishy parts!

Keep posting!

I am doing well, except the the incision where they did most of the work, hurts still when I get up and move around - I to got my period about 3 days after surgery when I wasnt suppose to - I just figured, my body is all mixed up right now and doesnt know what to do...

Today I am getting in more protein through the Isopure drinks, I really like those pretty good.

I know for each of us, each day will get better

OK babe you have given me the nerve to try the grape isopure sample my nutritionist gave me! Hope I like it.

Glad you are doing well! I think it will get better for us every day. Kepp posting fellow RV!!!

I'm doing great, maybe a little TOO good. Never had a problem getting fluids down. I can gulp as much as I ever did (but have to burp after). Pain has gone down. I can sleep on my side again. Drain is in until Thursday which is annoying but I'm dealing with it. The Protein shakes tasted really weird for the first few days but whatever caused that appears to have worked it's way out of my system and I can get them down fine now. I'm taking all my Vitamins. The Iron gives me rust flavored burps. Ewww.

I've already broken my pledge not to weigh myself for the first two months. I'm down 5 lbs from surgery and I don't know how I feel about that but I've put the scale back in the closet. I can start pureed on Wednesday and OMG I can't wait! I have never been so excited at the prospect of pureed turkey chilli before.

Hope everyone is well and rocking their sleeve.

You are so lucky! That pain drinking was...well, a pain! I am glad you are doing so well- that is great. I do not think drinking a quantity means your sleev is not small- Fluid is so different from food.

What a great tip that things that taste weird might taste better in a few days. Good to know.

Keep posting!