Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Consistant weekly weight loss

I seem to be losing 3 lbs every week. Wooo Hooo!! Just wondering if anyone eles lost the same amount every week? Do you think this will last or is it just a coincidence?

No!! I have lost 38 lbs since pre-op diet...so we're talking over 10 weeks. But the majority was in the beginning. I hit a stall at 3 wks out that lasted for 2-3 wks. Been losing very slowly since then. Concerns me, but what do you do? It's a struggle trying to keep tricking the body out of starvation mode. Up limits...lower limits.

I do have to say I haven't gotten in a lot of exercise, so that could help, if only I could get myself motivated to do it.

Exercise has always been a challenge for me. I soooo don't like it. I wish I was one who enjoyed it. :(

3 pounds a week is where I'm at now. I do exercise 40 min a day. Cardio and weights, bowflex. I don't know what else I can do to up the weight loss amount. Carbs are low Protein is high. Fluids are at an all time high. (80 ounces) I'm stumped.:blink:

(Not that I'm complaining.)

Deb

I think everyone is different. I've lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks, so 4 a week. But I think a lot were with the days around surgery with no food. I exercise with gardening but haven't really walked a lot since my bp gets really low right now. I hope to be able to lose 3/week!

I seem to be losing 3 lbs every week. Wooo Hooo!! Just wondering if anyone eles lost the same amount every week? Do you think this will last or is it just a coincidence?

I lost 25lbs in 4 weeks since the pre op diet. I am 2 weeks out now and of that 12 was as of the surgery. Not sure if that helps, but I love it considering that I started out needing to lose 66 from the first day of the pre op diet.

I lost a bunch of weight right away and then I have been stalling the past 2+ weeks. I'm mopey and depressed about it. I am aiming for 60+grams of Protein a day and have been keeping my calories in the 600-1100 range. I pretty much only eat something if it has protein in it. Sometimes I feel like I'm failing my sleeve. I wonder if the "big" losers on here have ever had stalls like this. I am starting to do exercise too.

I have lost 33lbs since surgery April 12th so 31 days ago. I seem to lose a lb every other day right now. I weigh every morning. I know you're not supposed to, but I have been having a hard recovery and sometimes that scale is the only thing I have to hold on to...otherwise I'd be dealing with the 'what did I do" senario. I have to have a scope next week...possibly a narrowing? I don't know, but we'll see. The one thing I can't do is regret my decision...theres no going back now...I live with this regardless. Just hope the weight loss continues...its my bright spot! :)

When I lose. I lose big. 5/6 pounds a week then a stall. then the cycle repeats itsellf.

I had weight loss every week. The numbers were inconsistent, but I never stalled. Not one week went by where I didn't lose something. I might have only lost 1-2lbs some weeks, but I always lost, the scale only slowed down when I got close to goal and I think I went 10 days with no movement, then BAM I woke up and had dropped several pounds.

I am only a little over two weeks out, and i think it's expected to drop weight early on and i know i'll most likely have my stall days/weeks; especially when i begin to eat regular food. but right now i'm consistently losing at least 1 pound a day. still freaks me out and is so foreign to me, but i'm not complaining.

i know i'll be complaining though when i stall tongue.gif

I have lost every week--sometimes only a pound, but every week.

I am really frustrated. I lost 9 lbs the week prior to surgery and 10 lbs the week after surgery, since then I have only lost 4 measly little pounds in three weeks. I have been "stuck" at the same weight now for about 9 days. I do not understand how I can still be on the very restricted diet , hungry all the time ( was told I would not feel hunger) and not lose a single pound.

Any advice or suggestions, folks?

I am really frustrated. I lost 9 lbs the week prior to surgery and 10 lbs the week after surgery, since then I have only lost 4 measly little pounds in three weeks. I have been "stuck" at the same weight now for about 9 days. I do not understand how I can still be on the very restricted diet , hungry all the time ( was told I would not feel hunger) and not lose a single pound.

Any advice or suggestions, folks?

Are you taking a PPI like Nexium or Prilosec? Acid can cause false hunger.

You might be losing inches, and stalls are pretty normal after any of the surgeries. It happens to most. I always recommend the same thing, push more fluids, move more, and up Protein intake. If you're tracking food intake, tweak your numbers, if you're high on carbs, cut them down, if you're low on Protein, increase it. Or, sometimes just waiting it out, doing the same thing will produce new numbers on the scale. It's not a stall until you don't lose any weight or inches for 14-21 days. The first 6-8 weeks after surgery are difficult because you had major surgery to a major organ, and you're body is still trying to sort out why you've gone from 2000+ calories a day to a mere 600-800 calories.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of sleeve patients that do not lose their hunger entirely. Plus, the hormone responsible for hunger is still in your system. Some of us experience immediate resolution in hunger, others don't. Give your body more time to recover, and just keep following your program. I'm not sure what your post-op dietary guideline looks like, but if it's not working for you, then change some stuff.