Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No honeymoon period....I can eat more than WAY MORE than I thought....BLAH!!!

This was not directed at you personally. It is directed to all of us including myself. The restriction will eventually stretch and while it is small we need to learn to eat and exercise properly. You are the one that said you felt like you were dieting ,and we all should ,but for me I choose to think of as lifestyle modification. I apologize if you took my post as directed to you and I was rude. However, I stand behind my words . Furthermore, I don't feel that anything I said was negative. I proposed a topic for those struggleing or gaining weight because it is often posted about. I just happen to mention it while reading your thread. Again nothing was directed personally at you and I include myself in this group.

Thats fine...I just didnt see anyone here looking for your sympathy. Good Luck.

Hi Hip, you know some of us just simply lose slower than others. I am by definition in comparison to most others here a slow loser. I only lose about 8 to 10 Lbs per month, and one time I only lost 5 Lbs for the whole month. I know I've said this already but I'm also an ex-bandster. Me and my band did not get along at all and it did not help me lose weight, keep it off - not even keep me from eating too much. That's why I revised.

Anyway, I would really hate that you just bailed on us! You WILL reach your goals, I do not doubt that in the least. I also believe you will go further than you dreamed too. I just think you're not giving yourself enough credit and not enough time for it to happen. You're not that far out of surgery - and as I see your ticker has moved since the last time I saw it, I'd say you're successful right now!

I really hope you'll stick around, even if only sporadically. I really like watching other ex bandsters especially, as they have a special place in my heart. Just be patient with the process and Celebrate your victories - don't downplay them. They are all worthy of happiness.

Ill be back here and then. If i have some amazing weight loss...I will come back and eat my words! Giving it a go so we will see what happens!

I can really hear the frustration in your post. I am also a lap-band revision and I only had 60 pounds to lose when I started. I really got the sleeve as an insurance policy - I knew without the band that my weight would sky-rocket and I needed something to prevent it.

It must suck to hear about people eating a couple bites and that's it. Eating 6 oz is still not a lot of food, especially compared to pre-lapband days. Over time, that should have a good affect on your weight. Congrats on being below your 250 target! Just be patient with yourself.

If you need to take a break from the board, that's understandable - but come back and see us sometime!!

Best of luck to you - keep your head up!!

Lara

I really got the sleeve as an insurance policy

OMG!!! Same here!!! I contemplated not getting it when the sleeve was taken out and i had to wait two months. i did great for a month and lost weight. My dad died and with all the food around I fell off the wagon and gained like 15 lbs in a month and a hafl. That changed my mind real quick!!

Hip, I am sorry i am in a much hurry writing this as I have to go down right now but WILL U PLEASE! write down ur exact typical day food intake! I BET u are either undereating or missing something!! .. I found that when I increased my food intake not at one meal but at different meal I see half a kilo here and some grams there dropping.

please give me an insight of ur daily ( with time) eating. thanks ,.. we are all stuck in the same boat and we can definitely learn from each others experience.

Thanks!

Mandems Mom - Don't get down and don't set your expectations so high, 20 -30 lbs in in the first month or two??!! OMG - this is a marathon, not a sprint! I averaged 11 lbs per month!! I reached my surgeon's goal in five months! A total loss of 78 lbs yes, but 23 of that was before surgery. From June until November, I lost 55 lbs. and everybody was amazed, proud, shocked!! Now I'm 14.5 lbs under goal. I went up and down, up and down with a lb or two on numerous occasions, yes, i have weighed every single day, I still do....but I knew it was part of the journey, I knew I had to deal with it. I was following the doctor's directions, so I KNEW I would lose the weight. You'll do fine....a year from now, you are going to be happy as a clam!!!!!!

I don't have seem to have a problem with eating large quantities because I do get a sick feeling in my stomach if I over do it, but I'm just not losing. I'm almost at 1 month out and have only lost 6 pounds. As long as I keep losing, I'll be fine with that, but, like you, I was hoping to lose 20-30 pounds in the first month or 2 and that's just not going to happen. I'm also a band revision like you and had a lower starting weight, so maybe our metabolisms were screwed up from our time with the band.

Doc and dietician said 5-6 small meals a day(Snacks being meals). I eat anywhere from 900-1100 calories. Protien 60-80...carbs 40-80

During the week is pretty much the same every day.

Breakfast Around 630-730...2 hardboiled eggs 140 calories

snack Around 930...I cup of fruit of some kind. Usually100 calories depending on what it is

lunch 1130ish....roughly 4 oz of chicken(usually thigh)....100 calories

Snack 300....more chicken, fruit, or other protien....100-150 calories

dinner...lately its been around 6 oz of chicken also had deli turkey and cheese one night.....200 calories

Snack...fruit...maybe a hardbioled egg or two...a few times a 120 cal serving of sherbert. 120 calories

****Drinking the last of the low cal gatoride I bought. They are 30 calories each and 7 carbs. Not buying them anymore.

Sometimes its a bit more or less. The most ive had in a day was 1200 calories the past two weeks. When I would diet and go to 1500 calories I would lose weight pretty good. Now....slow as heck!! Maybe it will pick up.

Samantha, The difference is, this time that 16 lbs is forever. Obviously the other times you regained, or you wouldn't have landed in the waiting room of a bariatric surgeon!! 16 lbs. Wow. I llost 23 lbs before surgery. I reached goal in 5 months....losing the final 55, that averages out to 11 lbs per months. I think that is pretty damn awesome! Now I'm 14.5 lbs below goal and wearing a size 4 jeans! I never thought I was losing slow....maybe I was dense....had the bar set to low but the surgeon and everyone else was thrilled. I never once cheated, I treated this surgery like the most important diet of my life...I could continue to lose, it is a struggle to get in the 1200 calories per day that I need to maintain. I hope it's like this forever. 16 lbs the first month. That's amazing. Granted, when I went to WW, I could drop 20 in a month, way more than I lost with my sleeve....and I could re-gain it pretty fast as well. I did it three times, losing 50 at one point. Counting points works, but who the heck can do that forever??!!!

awww i totally feel your frustration.

I too expected to lose 25-30 lbs in the first month and i only lost 16. My friends are like 16 lbs in a month is good...but i feel like i risked my life, and went through a lot to convince my mom I needed to do this. I haven't cheated...it's still the beginning. I want to give it a fair chance. But I don't want to feel like l did surgery only to lose the same amount of weight I couldve lost on my own...but still i keep trucking on.

Good Luck Hip! I am sure it'll all work out. Stay focused!

I'm maintaining @ 1200 cal per day...during my losing stage I averaged 675 calories. If I took in 1500 now, I'd gain. That's amazing.

Doc and dietician said 5-6 small meals a day(Snacks being meals). I eat anywhere from 900-1100 calories. Protien 60-80...carbs 40-80

snack Around 930...I cup of fruit of some kind. Usually100 calories depending on what it is

dinner...lately its been around 6 oz of chicken also had deli turkey and cheese one night.....200 calories

Snack...fruit...maybe a hardbioled egg or two...a few times a 120 cal serving of sherbert. 120 calories

****Drinking the last of the low cal gatoride I bought. They are 30 calories each and 7 carbs. Not buying them anymore.

Sometimes its a bit more or less. The most ive had in a day was 1200 calories the past two weeks. When I would diet and go to 1500 calories I would lose weight pretty good. Now....slow as heck!! Maybe it will pick up.

I'm maintaining @ 1200 cal per day...during my losing stage I averaged 675 calories. If I took in 1500 now, I'd gain. That's amazing.

I read people eating 600 calories a day. I dont know how they can even function. Im pretty active. 600 calories wont cut it. Gaing at 1500? That BLOWS ME AWAY!!! I think the heavy weight loss has a serious effect on out metabolisms because I used to lose good at 1500.

I can't explain it.The doctor put me on an 1800 calorie a day diet one time years ago and I could lose. I'd have thought I was starving at 1500 calories. Our bodies change and adapt. I suffer from migraines....frequently; I thought surely I'd get headaches because I eat so little, get the shakes something. Nothing. I have more energy than I ever did before. I eat like I should, much healthier in fact. Protein is first and foremost always. I've gotten in all my Protein from food since my second month. I think the yo yo dieting, popping pills and the fad diets is what screwed up my metabolism, for once, I feel good and I am in control not food!!

I read people eating 600 calories a day. I dont know how they can even function. Im pretty active. 600 calories wont cut it. Gaing at 1500? That BLOWS ME AWAY!!! I think the heavy weight loss has a serious effect on out metabolisms because I used to lose good at 1500.

Hip - you might look at the sugar content in the fruit cup. Even if it's a "no sugar added" - my dietitian told us, sugar is sugar. She said to treat fruit, even fresh fruit, as a treat....eat it or drink no sugar added fruit juice a couple of times a week. Read labels, don't risk sabotaging yourself. Good luck!

Hip - you might look at the sugar content in the fruit cup. Even if it's a "no sugar added" - my dietitian told us, sugar is sugar. She said to treat fruit, even fresh fruit, as a treat....eat it or drink no sugar added fruit juice a couple of times a week. Read labels, don't risk sabotaging yourself. Good luck!

Thanks! Your doing great and sounds like you are felling good! Thats awesome!

I eat fruit....not processed fruit cups....grapes, melon, etc...

If food was a drug i would have OD'd and beendead long ago. I KNOW EXACTLY what your saying. Im in S.Jersey...if your ever down here....shoot me an email. We can go fishing! Or you can weed my yard...LOL!!! Good Luck to you.

:lol: :lol: I just may take you up on that offer one day! Take care and all the best to you my friend! Take care of that wife of yours!