Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How the heck did I gain a pound?

I know I wasn't supposed to weigh myself, but I was curious....

My surgery was May 5th, 1 week ago yesterday. I am starting to feel better and able to drink more Water and powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.

I've treated myself with some bouillon, and just for grins I stood on the Wii scale yesterday and I've put on almost a pound. shrug.gif

I don't want to get discouraged, but WTH? I spent 2 days about drinking nearly nothing from feeling so crappy, and now that I'm

feeling better this...

Watch me be the only person in the whole wide world that this surgery won't work for. (Just my luck) ashamed.gif

My surgery was May 5th, 1 week ago yesterday. I am starting to feel better and able to drink more Water and unjury.

I've treated myself with some bouillon, and just for grins I stood on the Wii scale yesterday and I've put on almost a pound. shrug.gif

I don't want to get discouraged, but WTH? I spent 2 days about drinking nearly nothing from feeling so crappy, and now that I'm

feeling better this...

Watch me be the only person in the whole wide world that this surgery won't work for. (Just my luck) ashamed.gif

Hi - I had my surgery on may 4th - and I just weighed myself this morning and I did not lose. I was loosing everyday. But one thing I did start is walking just to a corner of mine 3x a day. It is not much but I was walking 6 miles a day before my surger. I will admit I was a bit discouraged this morning but dont worry we can get through this :)

Don't worry it will come off. It's most likely due to all the fluids you got in the hospital and all the swelling in your stomach. Some people gain a lot of weight from that swelling. It will come off, it just takes time to heal.

It's aggravating, I've been stuck with the same 2 pounds all week.

It also makes no sense to me whatsoever, I record every morsel that passes my lips and never exceed 1100 calories, and I've been swimming for 4+ hours a week and doing some walking and the exercise bike 2 days a week. Some days I end up with NEGATIVE calories and I still am not losing this week. It's happened twice before for a week or so but it'll break soon. Sure is infuriating though not seeing the scale move. I've flipped off that dang scale more than once this week :P

It can be frustrating, but definitely could be due to swelling and other stuff after surgery. I had a really good first week and then slowed down the second week, so it hits everyone differently.

Another good way to track your progress is with body measurements. I haven't really lost any pounds in the last week, but my waist is over an inch smaller, so I feel really good about that. The scale can be deceptive sometimes...hang in there! It WILL come off!

I agree with the post surgery swelling. Give your poor body a chance to recooperate. Try not to feel like you should have woken up from surgery all of a sudden "skinny".

I'm 33 days post op. I was on a 2 week stall, then I gained 5 lbs, started my period and turned into overweight psycho lady.

That was last week.

Woke up this morning and have lost 6lbs!!!

Don't stress over a lb. Don't even stress about 10 lbs!!!!

Stress causes weight gain!

The best advice I can give you is to stick to your surgeons post op plan and walk walk walk walk.

It gets better!!! I promise.

Terrib - First of all, weighing yourself is how you keep a tab on how you are doing and nip anything in the bud if need be. I have weighed every single day, first thing in the morning, since I came home from the hospital. We were told to at the seminar I attended! With that said, you will go up and down, you need to be told now, DEAL WITH IT!!!! It's part of the journey we all go through. If you are doing what you are suppose to do, you will lose weight, you WILL be successful!!! You've had approx. 85% of your stomach removed. It's impossible not to!!! Relax and enjoy all the changes. Take it from someone who is 11 months out, a year from now, you'll look back and you will not believe what your life use to be like!! I would hold on to a lb or two, go up with them, back down, up and down for three, four or five days....until I'd finally lose them for good. Usually I could up my Protein and Water and that would help, but it is normal - I found that out at my support group, everyone goes through it. I followed the rules, I never, ever cheated. I treated this as the most important diet of my life.....I still measure and weigh all my food when I'm at home; when we're out I have to "eyeball" it, but when it's brought to me, I divide on my plate what I am going to eat, or else I share with my husband. It's easy to take 'one bite too many' when you're out and visiting. The only way this won't work is if you are drinking a couple of thousand calories per day, I.E. cokes, milkshakes, alcohol....followed up with Twinkies, donuts....you get the picture. We can sabotage ourselves. This is a tool we WORK with, not a fix all. Good luck and enjoy....it's a fun, fun ride!!!

My surgery was May 5th, 1 week ago yesterday. I am starting to feel better and able to drink more Water and unjury.

feeling better this...

OK, I get it, it must be the surgery weight. *whew* I was a little nervous, but I know I'm not cheating, I don't understand why anyone would want to do that, but I hear that some do.

I'm on liquids and that means Water, unjury, Isopure, some broth. That's it, I don't see how I can gain weight on that. laugh.gif

I go on mushies on the 18th. I'm excited over that. I do walk, but I'm going to get started back on the Wii and dancing again tomorrow.

Slow as we go, but I gotta get moving.

Thanks for the replies. ♥

It's crazy stuff right. I had my surgery May 3 and I was losing everyday until the last few days. I stepped on the scale and put on almost 2lbs. and am still waiting for it to come back off. I don't know what is happening because I am still in my liquids phase so pretty much only Water, chicken broth, gatoraide, Protein Shakes, and Jello. And I gained? I have no idea. I have the exact same fear and I'm the small percentage of people this is not going to work for! OMG I just can't hope to think like that, so scary. Hopefully things will change quickly for both of us.

I always go up and down 1 to 2 lbs. never past that...It could be a number of things. That TOM, not drinking enough Water, etc.

I gained 10 pounds from the surgery and it took over a week for that to disappear. Give your body a couple weeks to adjust to having a large part of an organ removed! It will start coming off, just give it a little time.

Thanks, I will... I know I need to chill a bit. Instant gratification is my middle name. laugh.gif