Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Crap It's Six Weeks Later

I was just looking at the calendar, considering doing an update for the board and checking to see how long it's been since I had my sleeve. 43 days so that's one day more than six weeks right?

Wow.

Six weeks later, things are better than they used to be. Recovery was hideous and strange, and still ongoing but there's less of an Addams Family feel to the whole process. Eating is getting much easier. I haven't so far gotten dehydrated, nauseated or thrown up, but there are other monsters out there, namely fatigue and Oh-hell-I've-blown-blown-up-my-stomach paranoia, which are both slowly receding. There's also the numerous times that badly chosen food tried to punch its way out of my esophagus but that's getting better too; I'm not sure if it's because I am healing or because I am less of an idiot.

My ear infection cleared up after several rounds of bugspray and I'm on one more for good measure, prophylactically. I'm going to be traveling next week and I've been swimming, visiting the chiropractor, getting massages for my shoulders and my neckwhich did not fare very well carrying an extra 130 pounds.

My blood pressure ( which I did not even know was bad) went down from 180/105 in the hospital to 130/80 in six weeks.

I still don't fit into the jeans I've been trying to stuff myself into since day ten but that's okay.

I have lost 40 pounds.

And I am still not dead. I actually sort of have a little life starting to locomote here.

I do have to tell you one thing. Since I can't saturate my emotions in carb bombs and a couple of glasses of wine to wash it down, I am finding myself ruminating about my marriage and getting extremely pissed off. I've been teling myself that this is a healing process and besides, I divorced the guy, he's not supposed to be able to make me miserable anymore. But if you're heading down this road I think it's worth it to mention that sometimes, without my drug of choice, life can come up and smack me in the face, at which point I want to kick the shit out of it.

Otherwise though...this is going pretty well. So far, so good. I just keep wondering, heyyyyyy -- if I lost 40 pounds in six weeks will I lose *another* 40 pounds in *another* six weeks?

I know, I know, Probably not. :)

Time is a'flyin! It seems like you started posting here about a week ago! (It appears that along with my stomach, I also lost my temporal sense) 40 lbs is great and I'm sure you will be in those pants in no time. It seems like all my karma is catching up with me too without my drugs of choice to slow their impact down...I am happy about it, even if it sucks sometimes, I figure I am making the big upgrade here. Less stomach, more smarts. Getting some Zen on here. In a floppy sort of uncoordinated way. Hopefully the goal pants and grace will follow shortly.

Dang it girl- don't you remember how it feels to laugh right after the sleeve? UNFAIR! I just read this to my husband and had to stop and laugh way too often.

From what I have read the second phase weight loss has a lot to do with YOUR habits- are you exercising, getting the freaking Protein in, drinking the Water, etc. etc. blah blah blah :blink: And if you cut carbs and count, 'em all the better,

40 pounds? That is awesome! Meggie stops to wolf whistle and then doubles over in pain :lol:

Dang it girl- don't you remember how it feels to laugh right after the sleeve? UNFAIR! I just read this to my husband and had to stop and laugh way too often. From what I have read the second phase weight loss has a lot to do with YOUR habits- are you exercising, getting the freaking Protein in, drinking the Water, etc. etc. blah blah blah :blink: And if you cut carbs and count, 'em all the better, 40 pounds? That is awesome! Meggie stops to wolf whistle and then doubles over in pain :lol:

:). Hey there you are chiquita.

I'm trying to remember what I did with myself the first couple days. I don't remember a lot of pain but then they trick you down in Mexico via the method of keeping you high as balls the whole time. It's completely brilliant and makes you want to go back and get lots and lots and lots of surgeries. I remember reading other people on the board twelve days out going for walks and skiing and playing squash and what have you and thinkig, okay, THAT is not at all how my recovery is going to go. I laid around and drank Isoproblem. Day five, six...I probably got out of bed to stare at the TV for a couple hours and then snuggled on down with my computer the rest of time and watched movies on Amazon.

Goes fast. But don't rush it. And no skiing. Not even at gunpoint. What I recommend is to just lie there and think of England for at least a week.

Hi Crosswind--

Divorce is hard, period. There is no easy way around that one. I agree, though, that it would be harder without your usual coping mechanism. I was lucky, my ex left the country and I didn't have to talk to him or see him. Unfortunately, it was not so good for our daughter - but time heals everything. I am a big fan of the 100% no contact rule after any break up.

Stay strong---

Lara