Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - July 2006

:) :welcomeB: :mad:

* DCPrincess * Ericsmom * Iulizbug * Jan.Barnett *

:welcome2: :cheer2::welcome2::cheer2: :welcome2::cheer2: :welcome2:

Welcome to the Gone For Good club, guys!! We are so happy you are here! The more support we give to each other the more we get back in return! This is a group of caring people, who want nothing more than to help each other succeed. We do not see the barriers that will keep us fromour weight loss! We see the path to a healthier and more beautiful future. Where everyone is hot! And has healthy hearts! LOL

Love y'all!

Hey Sunta!! I was just alerted to your check in. Just that you check in makes you a good club member. Maybe not gold star...LOL joking. I don't have other stats for you though. Come back and give me your highest, goal, surgery, and current weight. :) that way I can put them up with your total. :mad:

I've been drinking these off and on for a few years and I'm going to incorporate this into my pre-op diet. When I drink these for Breakfast and eat a healthy diet I usually have no trouble losing some weight. I just can't make myself do it long enough to add up. I absolutely love these smoothies though and they really do taste like a treat. My only problem is that I usually make so much I'm going to have to cut it by 3/4 after banding or it will just go to waste!

8th Continent light vanilla soymilk

vanilla flavored soy Protein powder - whatever kind I can get at Walmart

frozen fruit - strawberries, blueberries and peaches are my favorite - just a few of each

banana

some splenda if needed

Blend away! The frozen fruit and banana give it a great thickness and MAN is it good! You can use any amounts or combinations of ingredients you wish to make it your way.

Diane - I'm going to have to look for that brand on my next visit to Kansas City. It's hard to find one that's really good tasting and they're so expensive I hate to experiment to find one I like - so I'm glad to have your recommendation!

Amy - I do love the soup! I'm wondering when I can add that in my diet after banding. I'm thinking if I blend it maybe during the full liquid phase...? Sounds like you're all set. I got some Vitamins the other day too, and they're Flintstone's! I'm trying to buy up stuff I'll need like that so I don't have to buy it all at once.

I'll check back in with everyone later - take care all!

Andy Liz

Just a thought...

Stitches in outer skin are ready to come out in 7 days. I would imagine quite a bit of healing goes on in that first week.

DianeChef! w00t!! Grats on the loss. The extra effort pays off.

*hugs her gallon jug and peers at Funny* back off

(laughing and smiling behind the deadly glare)

If its white you are safe. If its red I am going to grab that jub from you and hide. LOL Jug huh? I got a few good boxes of wine i can share with ya. WOOHOO! Lets make some backyard sangria!!!

Hey,

Just checking in! Down to 218 but I know I need a fill. I am beginning to eat more and am hungrier between meals. So I called the surgeon's office only to be told they only do fills once a month under fluro at the hospital. I am scheduled for August 9th but I am scared my weight loss will slow down. I have lost approximately 50lbs from my highest weight(268) in about 3 months(since 4/11/06), so I am not disappointed. I am exercising but I am going to step it up and hope to remain the same weight or lose. I enjoy reading the posts! This is the best support group and a great bunch of people!!

Take care all.

I am so grateful to LapBandTalk and the Gone for Good Club.

I was 450 on March 15, 2006, when I learned that I needed to lose 100 lbs to remove a tumor on my leg. I joined Memorial Bariatric Center and started eating as if I was already living with a lap-band. I'm down to 385 (-65 lbs).

How my life has changed:

Ø I changed the bed without taking rest periods for the first time in two years.

Ø I'm able to stand longer.

Ø As the fat melts around the tumor, I’m guessing it only weights 25 lbs now – but all rock.

Ø My healthy Protein Drinks are now stored in glass canisters instead of those large plastic things they arrive in. I swear, it has me toying with opening a health food store in my small town. Frozen blueberries are sooo good, too.

Ø My energy level is so good, that I am cleaning and organizing the house like it has never been done before.

Ø I’ve started my Christmas shopping and have half done.

Ø At my rate I should be 300 by December (19 lbs a month is what I’ve been doing).

Ø I can join the local wellness center at 300 lbs.

Life is Good!!

Telly you look awesome, I had to turn my husband to quit gaulking.

You do look great.

Amy, I tried the pudding today and it didn't work. It made that tightness in my chest and stuff like right after surgery. I guess I'll try another week of fluids.

Only thing is you can only get about 400 calories a day of fluids and then our bodies will go into starvation. Oh pooh, what's a person to do.

I also called Tracy tonight but didn't get ahold of her.

I also called your cell tonight but didn't get you either.

Talk to you later

I haven't posted in awhile here, so I thought I'd update my numbers. I'm so excited that I hit the 50 lb mark!!! My next mini-goal is making it to onederland!! I'm so excited! I really appreciate all the support that I've received here on LBT because it lets me know I'm not on this journey alone!!

H 274.5/ S 268/ G 135/ C 221.5 (-53 lbs total)

Iziksmom and Posterchild - Welcome back!! I will update your numbers now. Good to see things are still on the downward trend. :)

Jan.barnett - that is exactly what I needed!! Thanks a bunch!

Joyce - You are doing SO AWESOME!! What a will you have!

Tricia - I love your av :) Scheckshy girl lol

Sherri - I did pudding this morning mixed with some milk to thin it out. it was soooo good. We were driving back from Georgia from picking up the kids. I was very limited in my choices, so I am glad it went well. I am not sure why you got that tight feeling. Might still be swollen. I ate about a 1/4 cup (2 oz) and took about 15 minutes to eat that. It went down fine and was very yummy. later today I am going to have some cream of chicken Soup, strained, and see how it goes. I am going to make it really thin. Anything is better than broth. LOL Sorry i didn't get your call. I didn't get a message...you silly. You have to leave one! LOL

Jan.Barnett - One other thing. If your high is 318, and you are currently 218 then you have lost 100, not 93. Are the weights correct, and you have been counting down from your surgery date? We count from the highest because every pound is important. :) Let me know so that I can make sure your numbers are correct on the board. Thank you so much!