Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are You Going For Vacation?

Where did you go/plan to go for vacation this year, or even years past?

I'm trying to decide on a destination for some time this month or early August. I'm thinking maybe one of the all inclusive resorts - maybe Cancun. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a 13 year old who is not keen on being unplugged from her cell phone for a whole week.

Here's a picture of the harbor at St. George, Bermuda. We took a cruise there two years ago and it's beautiful.

post-204296-13813133676083_thumb.jpg

We do Disney and love it, but it's not for everyone. My parents just did a cruise in the Bahamas and had a blast, it was on Carnival I believe. Whereever you decide I hope you have a blast~Mandy

We went on an Alaskan cruise end of May. It was awesome. I love the Caribbean as well and your daughter should be able to handle that. The beach, shopping, hanging out.

I'm going to Hilton Head in September for a girl's week. It is a lovely place to visit. The beach is great, lots of things to do, and many small towns to explore.

We will cap the year off with a cruise to the Western Caribbean over the holidays. We will leave out of Galveston and visit such ports as Belize and Conzumel. Looking forward to that.

Your daughter is at a difficult age. I just think you have to plan and hope the "mood" will be right and they will enjoy. Maybe you should think of allowing her a friend to travel with. That always helps.

My husband & I went to an all inclusive resort in Cancun & it was a dream vacation!! There where jacuzzi's in the room & the shower was so big you could lay down in it. You would love Cancun!!!!! I'd go back there in a heartbeat!!!!! :grouphug:

When my kids were younger we went to Disneyland and then the next year to the Pikes Peak (CO) area, then the next year we stayed in TX and went to the Frio River......that was 6 years ago. My kids are now 17 & 15 and that is the ONLY place they wish to visit. They love it there. Now don't get me wrong, its nice and relaxing and I really enjoy it, but I would like to see something else. DH says, we'll continue to do that as long as the kids are home and want to, then he and I will do what we want. For my son's graduation next year, I was planning on a cruise.....but he said he'd rather us all go to the River for 2 weeks (instead of one). We just got back last Saturday, the river was really to low for floating, but the kids (we took ours plus 4) had a good time. I usually take a few "Rick Trips" as I call them with friends, to see Rick Springfield each year.....in fact I'm going to Dallas in Aug., Hot Springs, AR in Sept. and he will be in Houston (Stafford) in Oct.

Oh well, one day maybe I'll have exciting vacation get aways.

My husband & I went to an all inclusive resort in Cancun & it was a dream vacation!! There where jacuzzi's in the room & the shower was so big you could lay down in it. You would love Cancun!!!!! I'd go back there in a heartbeat!!!!! :grouphug:

Which resort did you stay at? I have info on several and am leaning towards the Allegro Playacar. I read about a million reviews on tripadvisor.com and now I can't decide!

For my son's graduation next year, I was planning on a cruise.....but he said he'd rather us all go to the River for 2 weeks (instead of one). We just got back last Saturday, the river was really to low for floating, but the kids (we took ours plus 4) had a good time. quote]

I practically raised my 4 kids on Texas lakes/rivers. We went tubing down the Brazos and Guadalupe a lot...it was GREAT!

My DH says that owing to his "advancing age", he wants to be a beached whale when he goes on vacation now. He loves cruises, but I think Cheyenne (the 13 year old) would enjoy a resort more.

Byron Bay, which is a beautiful spot on the northern New South Wales coast. Its also something of a hippy community, so it will be fun. We're going with my sister and her husband - she moved to Sydney when she married so its going to be so lovely to spend a long time with her, and it'll be great for the kids. We're renting out a house together.

DH and I are going to Michigan July7-14 to visit my family and friends. We will definitely make a trip to Lake Michigan, buy some smoked fish, maybe fudge and pick up some souvenirs! :)

I spend my time between Greece and the UK. This year I'm staying in Greece the whole summer and we are going to the island of Zakynthos (Zante) in August. I love going to the different islands and they all have a different feel. We will also spend some weekends away between now and end of September. Hubby likes the mountains and I like the sea and so we tend to compromise and do a bit of both.:biggrin1:

Carlene - The place we stayed at was called the Moon Palace. It was a trip I earned through The Pampered Chef so I don't have a clue how much it cost. I DO remember the yummy guacamole that they had available through out the entire place. And....uh, did I mention the jacuzzi in the room?!?! NICE. I'll attach a picture.

Josette - I LOVE that hotel. (Okay, I've never actually been there, but I'd like too!!) It's the same hotel that was featured in the movie "Somewhere in Time". I used to watch that movie over & over. Elyse McKenna was the woman played by Jane Seymour & I liked it so much that I named my daughter McKenna Elyse. :)

post-204836-13813133685454_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet.

But August is the dead center of hurricane season in FL and the carribean. I would suggest travel insurance that included hurricanes. Thsat's alot of money to lose to mother nature.

We just came back from Beaches in Ocho Rios. Awesome!

Diane...I so wanted to stay at the Palace, but they don't offer interline rates to airline retirees - only current employees. We go for the bargains, now that we are among the unemployed...LOL