Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone else eat a good amount of food at a month out??

Even with the Band Ive had head hunger issues. I dont get that hungry but usually eat at certain times. I was told 5-6 small meals a day. I just ate a hard boiled egg and 3.5 oz of chicken. I feel satisfied. Seems most eat 3 meals and two Snacks.

I try to do 3 meals, 3 Snacks to get all the Protein.

So 2 slices of turkey and 1/4 slice of cheese makes you feel physically satisifed? Like your belly is maybe not full but you feel like it is what you can eat? This is why I am asking. I could probably eat 5 times that if i wanted to with no problem. I eat pretty normally(not super slow) which also I can see most people cannot do. This is obviously out of curiosity because surgery is done and I cant change the outcome of the surgery.

Yes... this makes me feel full. Like, if I eat anymore, i'd not be very comfortable.

This is deli meat not the relly ultra thin slices that are prepackaged but it said 3 slices was 50 calories. I took a slice of cheese and cut about a fourth of it and laid it out onto the turkey and rolled it up.

Also, I'm eating about every 3 hours when I eat that way.

Today my husband and I are going to our favorite asian buffet. They sell me the kids meal.... it's so cute but I can't eat much and they've known us for a while. Here is what I will probably be able to eat (based on past experience) about 8 or 10 tiny shrimp. You know.... those itsy bitsy ones. I will have 2 ( at the most 3, but less shrimp) steamed (not fried) pork won tons, maybe a few pieces of steamed vegi's. I will be at that point totally full. I mean, one more bite and it's coming back up.

Oddly, somethings go down better than others. I've noticed that carbs go down better than Protein. Maybe that is why they want us to fill up on Protein first. Protein hits my stomach like a lead balloon.

I could nibble on nuts (I know, its still a protein) all day long and never feel full. You know what i mean? some things just don't give me that full feeling but protein dense food does the trick.

Hip, I can add something to what is said above.. Yesterday I could eat more. Usually I eat 3 small pieces of salmon Sashimi and a 1 piece of a nigiri, no rice. yesterday I was able at one sitting to eat 5 pieces of sashimi and 1 nigiri piece and 1 sushi piece.. I wasnt stuffed completely but I felt somehow full as before I just try to eat small bites and never reach the fullness feeling. I think tht u are healing just too well that u can eat more that early at one sitting with time frame and without Water.< /p>

For me I Felt like the sleeve allowed me so yesterday cause I skipped lunch ( not intentionally ) and I was really (my body) needing food. While having this meal I felt that feeling with the band of food in my throat then 1 min later It was gone and the food passed. and I can eat more. That is my experience so far trying to answer ur question.

Well, I don't think you can eat much more than most. I think everyone here can eat a lot when they start grazing. Would you have been able to eat all that in 1 sitting off 1 plate? Probably not!

I can eat 2 eggs if that is all I eat, but if I have a piece of toast and a turkey sausage, then 1 egg is more than enough.

I do understand your question though - I feel I can eat more than other people, and a bigger variety of things and yes, it worries me. I can eat bread, rice but Pasta makes me queezy. I can eat a little beef slider with the bun. When I told this at my surgeon's nutritionist's group session, everyone was like "Wow, how can you eat that??? I can't eat that!!!!" making me feel like a glutton. Watermelon is mostly Water, so I don't think it is a surprise you can eat a lot of that.

Anyway, sucks that you can eat that much. I see where you are coming from, you were hoping that the smaller stomach will completely control portion size, but for some it doesn't -- that means you have to be careful. I am sometimes jealous of people with more restriction, but at other times I am not. I am losing slower, but I honestly don't care. My husband just asked me -- "Does it really matter if it takes you 6 months or 9 months or 12 months? It took you 20 years to put it on, and as long as you are staying in a long term losing mode, it seems like all is good."

He is right...I don't like feeling like my loss is less, but I lose and I am happy -- that's what matters to me.

Thank you!! I noticed the other day when I skipped Breakfast and had the meat off of a chicken thigh for lunch I was full. I think I need to start spacingmy meals out better. Im a teacher so i eat when I dont have a class. I noticed that some foods do not fill me up. Crab meat is one of them. I can eat quite a bit of watermelon but when chewed up there isnt much but Water. I try to stick to 60 carbs a day. May need to cut back on that as well.

BTW, are you logging your food? You sound like you are just eye balling calories and portions, and that can be catastrophic...

Short answer - I can't eat that much.

I am also a band revision, so we may have some similar issues. I'm not sure how far out from surgery you are...

I am 2 months out and I can eat somewhere between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup of food at each sitting - I can't really eat 1/2 a cup, but I can eat just a little more than 1/4 cup. Soft foods are more comfortable to eat, and I can eat more of them. It takes me between 5 and 20 minutes to eat my food. At 20 minutes, I am stuffed with the measurements I mentioned above.

Examples of what fills me up:

one scrambled egg with 1/4 piece of whole grain toast - VERY full

4 small pita crackers with flax seed with a Trader Joes mini-brie bite broken in 4 pieces - comfortably satisfied

one packet of plain organic oatmeal with flax - sometimes i finish it, sometimes i don't. VERY full.

My mothers Day treat: a quarter of a patty melt on rye - STUFFED.

I eat about 6 times a day in order to get to 600-800 calories, I really have to work pretty hard to eat that much. Sounds like my capacity is less than yours, but your mileage may vary. My basic measure is that I can eat about 4-5 bites of anything and that's it. If I don't stop, I am VERY uncomfortable. I never drink within and hour after I eat. I have stopped counting my calories because I am consistenly eating the same things every day and I average about 100 to 150 per meal. I only lose 1 to 2 pounds a week, but I am a low BMI revision and I don't expect to lose faster.

Ultimately, eating 1000 cals a day will not leave you in a stall forever. Having one day where you over-indulge is not the worst thing in the world. We all do it.

Lara

I can only eat about 3 oz. of meat at a meal. For Breakfast I have ONE Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patty(there are two in a little pack) and an egg, sometimes with a bit of cheese on it. I spend the most time drinking Water to get that 64 oz in for the day. I'm sure I'm well under 1000 cals a day and am really watching the carbs. I can eat more than some, but I think I'm pretty much the norm. I overate one time---never again, I hope. I just think totally playing "by the rules" is going to work. I'm 4 weeks out.

I usually eat at set times...especially during the week. I eat 4-5 oz each time....usually chicken, crabmet, eggs,etc. After 4 oz I dont really feel full at all.The only time I felt full with 4-5 oz was when I had grilled chicken. Like I said...for breakfast I can eat 2 eggs with no problem at all. Its dosnt take long either...I dont have to nibble on them to get the down...I can eat fairly normal. I see people posting they cant even eat one egg.

TO MAKE IT CLEAR.......I ATE THAT WAY ONE TIME!!! Just ONCE. My question is about amounts at a normal meal.

Ill make my question more basic...

Can anyone eat two eggs with no problem? Can anyone eat 6 oz of chicken and not feel full at all?

I will be one month out on the 12th of May and that is way more solid food than I can or would try to eat.

I scrambled one egg for breakfast on the weekend and could eat about 2/3 of it and felt very full. This morning I had 2 small egg & cheese "bites" from EggFace's mini muffin bites. They are NOT big....about the size of quarter in diameter and 2 of them made me uncomfortably full....I won't try to eat 2 again! Tomorrow I will try just one.

I had a 1/2 of a chicken enchilda in a restaurant one night and ate just the filling...none of the tortilla wrapper and I was full but not uncomfortably so.

Good luck...I find learning to eat with this sleeve is a learning experience and I am certainly not a pro at it yet but I trust that I will figure it out! :P

Well, I don't think you can eat much more than most. I think everyone here can eat a lot when they start grazing. Would you have been able to eat all that in 1 sitting off 1 plate? Probably not!

I can eat 2 eggs if that is all I eat, but if I have a piece of toast and a turkey sausage, then 1 egg is more than enough.

I do understand your question though - I feel I can eat more than other people, and a bigger variety of things and yes, it worries me. I can eat bread, rice but Pasta makes me queezy. I can eat a little beef slider with the bun. When I told this at my surgeon's nutritionist's group session, everyone was like "Wow, how can you eat that??? I can't eat that!!!!" making me feel like a glutton. Watermelon is mostly Water, so I don't think it is a surprise you can eat a lot of that.

Anyway, sucks that you can eat that much. I see where you are coming from, you were hoping that the smaller stomach will completely control portion size, but for some it doesn't -- that means you have to be careful. I am sometimes jealous of people with more restriction, but at other times I am not. I am losing slower, but I honestly don't care. My husband just asked me -- "Does it really matter if it takes you 6 months or 9 months or 12 months? It took you 20 years to put it on, and as long as you are staying in a long term losing mode, it seems like all is good."

He is right...I don't like feeling like my loss is less, but I lose and I am happy -- that's what matters to me.

This is basically what I was asking. My friend had it done by the same doctor in November and I am surprised at how much he can eat as well but he is doing well as he had a lot to lose.

Have you heard of calorie cycling? Google it. It takes some discipline but it may break your stall and give you the opportunity to eat more on some days (and less on others).

I'm three months out and I've been experimenting and can pretty much eat ANYTHING. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing because while I do have more self control now, I think I'd rather have that safety net of feeling terrible when I eat something terrible! However, when it comes to amounts - some foods feel me up REALLY fast (cottage cheese, any meat) and some foods go down way too easy (I guess these are what people refer to as sliders and I shouldn't be eating them anyway). Experiment with new foods and since chicken fills you up - try experimenting with chicken (prepared different ways).

BTW, are you logging your food? You sound like you are just eye balling calories and portions, and that can be catastrophic...

Just started logging. I do weigh my protiens with a little scale now as well.

Thanks for all the advice. With the band it seemed like it either went down or didnt...LOL. I am gonna stop eating the softer protiens and move onto more grilled chicken....stuff like that...more solid. I didnt think there would be "sliders" like the band. My thought was its a small stomach...when filled its full. I guess some stuff dosnt need to get processed and drops into the intestine quickly. Im learning. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

It does seem like you are able to eat quite a bit. I had shrimp on mother's day too but I was only able to eat 4. Maybe the shrimp I was eating was bigger than yours IDK, but I know that i tried to eat too eggs with cheese and could only eat one. I was pretty darn full. I don't like these people getting all over you, because I don't think you are cheating, but it does seem like you are able to eat quite a bit. I know I feel full pretty quickly but I have seen others who are able to eat two eggs.

Hip, I have a question for u.. it is out of manners but I have to ask it.

How is your stool regularity? are you having diarrhea ? or are u not visiting the restroom that much?