Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to be Tiffykins brain.. I'm so lost :(

I was sleeved the 6th.. Lets see I've had 2 breakdowns and bawled my eyes out in my sons arms and shook and shivered for about 2 hours... I have tried everything imaginable..I LOVE refried Beans... I eat them and I take a bite every 5 minutes and I chew, mash, etc to keep it mushy and within 20 mins I'm miserable and I only get 4 bites in... I've tried Canned chicken in Water with Cream of Chicken & Herb Soup and blended it to runny soup.. and it came up in 10 minutes and I had the most awful cramps in my chest area thought I was having a stroke.. so no chicken for this gal... About the only thing i can muster to keep down is apple sauce and yogurt.. I've been on Protein Shakes I really love powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury so I take a double scoop and Blender Bottle shake it or MagicBullet it into a frothy shake and that gives me double the Protein and i don't mind just the liquid I actually felt better just on liquids...

But now my Dr. says to raise it to 3 meals, 2 Proteins shakes and 64 ounces of Water a day an 800-900 calories... Ok.. HOW the hell do you expect me to do THAT? Hang on let me poop a watermelon cause THAT is what my stomachs gonna feel like after trying to get ALL that in! SERIOUSLY?

How on earth can a 3 oz stomach hold all that... I mean really! I've stalled.. haven't moved for 3 days again.. I'm extremely tired, weak, dizzy and I walked for 2 hours today around the store looking for things to create and eat to reach 800 calories that I'm beat... I was told I'd never need to count calories again... WTH? WHO LIED! LOL

Any input is graciously accepted and appreciated :)

And when I come back as a new person.. I wanna come back as Tiffykins... without the pregnant part I'm 50 too damn old to be a new Mom... but boy she has this down to a freakin science! I just wanna live in her head through all this LMAO

Starry, I am totally wiped out from an emotional day on the baseball field with my kiddo earlier, cleaning like a mad woman since our house has been listed for sale, and we're putting in an offer on our first home on Monday. So, least to say, I"m going batsh(t crazy this weekend, BUT, I will reply more in length later tonight or tomorrow.

My very first question is 1) Are you on a PPI and acid reducer? If so, what dosage/brand/amount? If not, talk to your doc immediately about getting on one.

If you would like, I'll shoot you a message with my cell phone number and you can actually call or text me. Sometimes, it's easier for me to talk and do the 5000 bajillion things on my list than it is for me to be online ! ! !

Hang in, hide the scale, I promise I"ll reply more later when I can come up for some air.

Congrats on the new home hun... Way to go... but don't overdo it.. :) Let the hubby clean :)

I was on Prilosic OTC.. Dr. said to take it for 30 days... maybe I need to go back on it.. :( I'm going to try the deviled eggs I LOVE Deviled eggs and just saw a post from you regarding it.. Oooo lala..:)

You take your time.. I am losing, I have moments I don't but it didn't go on overnight it's not gonna come off overnight.. :)

Go rest!!

I want to rent space in Tiffykins brain too!!! LOL. Tiffykins I love reading ANYTHING you put out on this site. Thank you for putting yourself out there and helping us new sleevers how to avoid some the retarted things we do cuz we don't know any better. You da' man Tiffiykins!!

I feel the same way bout Tiffycans!!! I look forward to reading anything she post !!! She rocks!!! Starry hang in there! I didn't have this problem Sooo can't give much advise! Hope u get it figured out soon!

Hi Starry -- I'm about a week ahead of you. I think you're expecting a little too much of your munchkin stomach right now. My first week was trial and error. Some stuff went down, some stuff didn't and there were a couple days that I felt like I was going too fast and went back to shakes and mushies, sometimes for a whole day, sometimes just for a few meals and then I'd try something that was actually food at night.

It's still like that for me. bread is a total bomb, can't do it but I can do a tortilla. I was terrified of trying to eat meat -- I got some turkey down and then yesterday some very fluffy chicken salad. Today it was Medifast oatmeal, a Protein bar, and now I'm working on some lean cuisine asiago tortellini and doing sort of a crappy job at it. I think I got three of them in me which Is fine actually since a whole serving has 40 carbs.

You're still recovering. I think everybody overestimates what they can get in their stomachs after a month's fast. Go slow, experiment, keep trying. Never fail foods for me so far are cottage cheese, oatmeal, Smart Ones egg and veggie Breakfast quesadillas, Protein Bars ( slowly), deviled eggs and yogurt ( but I'm sick to death of it).

Right now I'm eating around 5-600 calories a day. I guess I could eat more but I'm finding that I run out of hours in the day to eat.

Me too Starry!! She should write a book on the VSG!! She is just a wealth of knowledge and I wish I had 1/4th of what she knows. I am 7 weeks post op and I can't seem to eat solid foods with out getting the slimes or throwing up. I just can't seem to pulverize the food before I swallow it or I eat to fast. Somedays I think I made the worst mistake of my life, because I miss eating without pain so much.

This may sound crazy...but how on earth do you guys throw up!!?? I have felt GOD AWFUL sick, like there was a lead weight just below my breast bone...sharp pains in my belly when something didn't agree with me, or I didn't chew enough...or I ate too fast?? Heck if I know what causes it...throwing up the offending cusine choice would be heaven...NOT ME! It stays and I suffer! I think my big belly brain is saying..."hey you chopped more than half me off I'm hanging onto everything I can for dear life, God knows what you'll do next" LOL. I did have the heaves once...horribly strong, but nothing came up. Every time I try something I just have to wait a few to feel if its going to churn and toss in my belly like a cement truck rolling and rolling around. Oh, and when I do manage to eat a little something (at luch at work..) My belly sounds like a starving childs stomach for about 45 minutes afterward...is that normal?? Its so embarassing! I have to apologize to my patients, even the doc I work for one day...its SOOOO loud! PLEASE tell me that goes away!?? I have great days that I can eat a little of this and a few bites of that, and days that NOTHING will work. I can't drink any Protein shake without being very ill (tried different ones, milk, lactose free, Water...nothing works!) I'm obviously going to lose some weight but at this point I'm going to be a thinner, bald (not getting all the Protein the last 2 days), cranky, hungry version of me!

I guess from looking at everyones posts...we all have these crazy issues, none are quite the same...all of them SUCK..but we are all still glad we did this...right? We are still glad right? I think I am...I mean I am...I think! LOL.

Starry, I want you around when after I have my surgery. I am scheduled for June 6th. I too think Tiffykins is the scholar about this stuff. Too bad she learned most of it from trial and error. She went through a lot and so thankful she shares her experience with us. BUT, you speak my language and tell it like it is. That is what I need also. Someone that will listen to me and tell me how it is. So don't get lost and I will go to your profile and friend you and try to stay in touch.

Thanks,

Neanie

Just from reading around the boards, and the issues you're describing it sounds like you've got more residual swelling which is pretty common. The acid overproduction could be irritating your sleeve, and while you might not have any symptoms, they could pop up because Prilosec builds up in our system and then it takes some time for the proton pumps to turn back on full power. You might just be having enough acid to irritate things, and then the stomach doesn't want to accept food.

Try drinking some warm fluids, think herbal/decaf tea before eating. I swear to this very day, I can eat more if I have some coffee or tea before my meal. It helps my sleeve relax so you could try that one.

You're 30 days in so it's not out of the ordinary to have issues with mushies this early out. Try the ricotta bake recipe from Eggface's recipes.

Here's the actual link for her "pureed recipes" for ya.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

It is a lot of trial and error this early out. I really got bored out of my mind with food, but things do improve. I had the most boring menu because when I found some thing that worked, I'd eat 2-3 times a day. To this day, I can barely eat meatballs or deli meat because I ate so much of it during this stage.

I highly recommend a crock pot, and hitting up allrecipes.com for slow cooker meals for the coming months. meat can be really difficult to adjust to, but I swear the crock pot meats are the best, and easiest clean up. Buy the crockpot liners and it'll save you so much time.

Starry, I want you around when after I have my surgery. I am scheduled for June 6th. I too think Tiffykins is the scholar about this stuff. Too bad she learned most of it from trial and error. She went through a lot and so thankful she shares her experience with us. BUT, you speak my language and tell it like it is. That is what I need also. Someone that will listen to me and tell me how it is. So don't get lost and I will go to your profile and friend you and try to stay in touch.

Thanks,

Neanie

You got it hun... I'm right here.. on Facebook... available by email... pidgeon, fax, whatever you need I'm there! Where is your surgery going to be??

It is perfectly fine to stay on liquids or mushie foods longer than you're told to. I lived on very soupy chicken salad and Protein Shakes for months longer than

I was told to because solid food just did not work.

I was sleeved on the 5th, and I'm on Clear Liquids (water) and Unjury. (for 2 weeks) and hardly any of that. I couldn't imagine trying to eat Beans or any food for that matter. I can't even get down enough Water.< /p>

I hope you find the answers you're looking for. Good Luck.

I am 2 months out and I can't eat more than 4 or 5 bites of anything. It does not worry me at this point. I had terrible exhaustion in the first month, but it has gotten better. I never tolerated the Protein drinks, so I get all cals/protein from the small amount of food I get. My secret, eat 6 times a day :-) Plus, I eat calorically dense Protein like cheese. I lived on cottage cheese on weeks 2-5. Since then I was able to add some soft scrambled egg (with butter!), a little brie cheese on a thin cracker, a little oatmeal for Fiber, soft cooked chicken, etc.

Just do the best you can. You can live on 600-800 cals a day, infact, most of us who had surgery in MX were told that we should be eating about 600-800 cals a day. It is literally impossible when your stomach is healing to get any more than that it.

Just do your best with the fluids, try lots of mushy things, and wait a week in between trying new things: if chicken doesn't work this week, wait a week or so and try it again.

Most of all - do not push your stomach!!! It will revolt!!

Take care,

Lara