Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This cant be a stall......

Im pretty sure that me not losing weight is not a stall. Im eating under 1000 calories a day....mostly protien....getting most fluids in. NOTHING happening!!!!!!! Actually gained two pounds, I feel like my body likes this weight and is just gonna stay here. I just dont get it. I think my initial lost with lapband is all im gonna get. Gonna have to do it the old fashion way....diet and exercise....two things I never succeeded at. At least warm weather is here so ill be more active and maybe lose a bit. Im fed up.

I lost 5 peo-op doing liquids a few days. 12 since surgery but have been up 2 for 2 or 3 days. Surgery was April7th....stalled out 6 days later. Im definitly not as strict as most of you but cant believe as little as I am eating im not losing. Is it possible to stall over 3 weeks right after surgery or do I need to step back and look at what I am doing? Im just mumbling as I know I need to get more strict. I did this so I would not have to "diet". Is it possible that losing over 100lb on Lap band has me in a place where the weight loss will be a constant struggle? So bummed and frustrated right now!

Awhhhhhhhhhh Hip! You haven't been sleeved long enough to give up! Come in keep your head up!!!! I still think it will happen!! Maybe u need to eat a day of high fat to kind of trick your body into losing again. Maybe get in two workouts a day. Your dr wouldn't have sleeved you if he didn't have faith that it would work!! I stl think u r in a horrible dreaded stall ! Yuk! They really suck!!! But I believe it will pass for you!

Hi, I have seen some of your other posts so I know that you have been struggling... I know you don't want to diet, but for me, I have to, in order to be successful... If I don't know the fat and calorie content, I look it up so I know whether it's worth it to eat it, basically I just try to watch what I'm eating because I know if I graze or snack alot, it all adds up... I'm probably eating between 600- 800 calories a day but maybe a little more some days. I don't go crazy trying to count carbs or calories but I do try and keep up with my Protein so that I make sure I'm getting enough. I have been working out fairly hard (at least 45 mins of cardio and some weight traning) so I know that really helps my weight loss. I'm sorry that you are not getting the results you wanted and I know how frustrating it is, I was a bander also and I went through it with my band. Don't get discouraged, I know you can do this! Try to get back to basics and you will see the weight come off... best wishes!

Thanks....Im gonna get strict and see if i can get things fired up. Gonna stick with straight protiens and try to get my fluids in and hope for the best. EVERY morning for 3 weeks have been dissapointing which makes me not try. I throw in the towell before the day even starts. Maybe if I can get this going a bit more and lose Ill get more dedicated to tracking what im eating. Thanks...

Awhhhhhhhhhh Hip! You haven't been sleeved long enough to give up! Come in keep your head up!!!! I still think it will happen!! Maybe u need to eat a day of high fat to kind of trick your body into losing again. Maybe get in two workouts a day. Your dr wouldn't have sleeved you if he didn't have faith that it would work!! I stl think u r in a horrible dreaded stall ! Yuk! They really suck!!! But I believe it will pass for you!

I hope its a stall but I dont think I ever had a 3 week stall...even when I lost with lapband. They usually lasted a week. Fingers crossed.....thanks.

I lost 5 peo-op doing liquids a few days. 12 since surgery but have been up 2 for 2 or 3 days. Surgery was April7th....stalled out 6 days later. Im definitly not as strict as most of you but cant believe as little as I am eating im not losing. Is it possible to stall over 3 weeks right after surgery or do I need to step back and look at what I am doing? Im just mumbling as I know I need to get more strict. I did this so I would not have to "diet". Is it possible that losing over 100lb on Lap band has me in a place where the weight loss will be a constant struggle? So bummed and frustrated right now!

Until you lose the weight, this is a diet....and exercise. The sleeve just makes it easier to keep the numbers down. It is still work... and more work for some than others. The weight you lost with the sleeve prob did put you in a place where it is harder to lose now... I still think you are in a stall now... its right when I was in a stall....and others.... I think crack down a bit, don't except less for yourself right now when you want to lose more... eat a little more Protein, a little less carbs, and exercise a little bit more... thats not such a bad thing is it? Resistance is futile! Just see what you can do for yourself... at maintenance, hopefully you can be a little bit more loose with your plan. Talk to your doc when you get a chance.

Thanks....Im gonna get strict and see if i can get things fired up. Gonna stick with straight protiens and try to get my fluids in and hope for the best. EVERY morning for 3 weeks have been dissapointing which makes me not try. I throw in the towell before the day even starts. Maybe if I can get this going a bit more and lose Ill get more dedicated to tracking what im eating. Thanks...

And there lies the paradox, If you don't get strict, you won't lose the weight; but if you don't lose any weight, you aren't motivated to make the right choices. Kinda like the chicken and the egg. Which came first? Believe me, I know what you are going through... you have to make a commitment to yourself to make good choices and exercise even if you don't see the scale move right away. Maybe put the scale away for a bit so that you aren't so focused on the numbers... If you keep doing the right things, the scale WILL move...

Try sparkpeople.com I signed up to it last weekend when someone posted on here about it. I'm feeling pretty motivated using it (tracking exercise, diet, Water, steps, etc). There are some pretty inspirational stories on there too.

All the best. cool.gif

You are at a relatively low weight already so weight loss is going to be slower for you. Varying your calorie and carb intake may help. I'm almost 6 months post op and I get around 800 calories now (its usually a struggle to get that much in). Try reducing your calories and carbs for a few days and see if it helps. The other thing I've noticed for myself is that if I am stressed (whether for work or whatever), my loss slows down. I completely understand this is easier said than done but try not to focus on and stress about the scale right now.

I would try upping your calories and see what happens. Maybe 1000 is too low for your body, so it is holding on the fat. Your body may be in shock right now and just needs some time.

Im pretty sure that me not losing weight is not a stall. Im eating under 1000 calories a day....mostly protien....getting most fluids in. NOTHING happening!!!!!!! Actually gained two pounds, I feel like my body likes this weight and is just gonna stay here. I just dont get it. I think my initial lost with lapband is all im gonna get. Gonna have to do it the old fashion way....diet and exercise....two things I never succeeded at. At least warm weather is here so ill be more active and maybe lose a bit. Im fed up.

Hip,

I really am feeling your frustration here... we are very similar!!! My weight loss has slowed to a snails pace and my 'sleeve journey' has been a little difficult on occasions... not with the op but things outside my control that have really impacted on my weight loss ie in Oct I was hospitalised with pneumonia.. that messed my weight loss up for 6 weeks. Then in Jan I had bloods done... hormonal issues that has ended up with HRT Patches for the menopause - OH MAN.. I am just 40!!!! - and needless to say my weight loss has really suffered and slowed to a snails pace. This really got me down a couple of weeks ago... and I am glad to say that I am coming out of it now.

Now, that being said... I have flipped over the negative thoughts and am concentrating on the POSITIVE! This time last year I was in a mess. Tired frustrated, frumpy, unhappy, angry with the world and its wife, disappointed with myself, disgusted with myself, hating myself and no confidence or self esteem... you get the picture.

Today, I am a happy person... I love my life... I love being able to move and enjoy the fact that my body is doing what I WANT it to... OK the fat is still there, but I am strong again. AT LAST!!

You've have already lost 100lb... firstly that is bloody amazing!!!!! And since the time you were sleeved you have lost 17lb in a short period... that too is bloody amazing! Remember, this is phase two for you... the second and final part of your journey.

Try to be kind to yourself and remember the good work that you've already done. This stall WILL pass... and so what if it takes a little longer to lose your final weight... you will lose it.

Re evaluate your intake and exercise by all means... but also remember how far you have come... don't give up Hip... this is your time to finish what you have started.

Good luck! =]

Make sure you're getting all your Protein in, that will stall weight loss. The more Protein you take in the faster and healthier you'll lose the weight. My friend bought me tons of New whey, 3.5 oz of liquid and like 42 grams of protein. 2 of those a day and you're rockin.

Renee`

I was sleeved 4/18/11 by Dr. Jawad in Ocala, FL. Not sure exactly what I have lost since each scale weighs different, but including pre-op diet, around 25-30 lbs. , maybe 20 of it since surgery. When I read what you are doing, first of all, make sure you gets tons of Water. Sounds like you are good on Protein but is it high quality and low carb? I love Jay Robb--too many of the shakes are full of chemicals and artificial ingredients and simply unnecessary carbs. Jay Robb is really tasty and mixed easily with anything and comes in lots of flavors. Sweetened with Stevia, a natural no calorie sweetener, but does not have the aftertaste of some Stevia sweetened products. Plenty of availability--on line, Vitamin Shoppe etc. And, you may be like me--I have always succeeded best at weight loss by varying calories, protein/carb content, and exercise intensity. Read up on interval training (going hard for a few minutes then backing down, over and over). I have added some full fat dairy because it is actually beneficial to blood sugar and weight loss to a point. Greek yogurt is usually packed with Protein, and mixes well with the Protein shake powder I use.

Don't get discouraged. Throw yourself into it, get off the couch, and record what you are eating and doing to keep moving. I am humbled by your great success to date, and know you will experiment with some of these suggestions you will find the combination which tricks your body into letting go of this comfortable plateau and finding a new, healthier one.

Thanks for all the suggestions and hopeful comments. I need to get in a new mind set. The mind set i had when I got lap band. I was hard core with that and need to get my azz moving with this as well. Thanks again. These responses helped lift my spirits. Ive felt pretty bad for 3 weeks and this morning I was near my breaking point of not caring anymore.