Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My mederma belly shot...can't believe I'm posting this!

I said I'd post it, I can't believe I am....I had my surgery Jan. 21st with Dr. Aceves. I've been slathering the Mederma on. I think my scar has actually gotten smaller. I can't believe I'm posting a belly shot! UGGGIES!

Try uploading to your profile gallery at least maybe?? I need to compare, and I don't have to guts to post a pic of mine of here yetwink.gif

Ah, dammit, now I have to go ahead and drop the 30 bucks on Mederma because your scars look AWESOME! Okay, so what's your regimen? How many times a day, etc? I'm seriously impressed. :)

Hi Amanda! Well, I do it 3 times a day. The pic comes out HUGE when you click it. The one on my right side is almost faded. The bigger two on the left are definately smaller and lighter in color than they were. The scar dimple above my belly button was actually from when I had a belly button piercing..HAHAHA...ya, my fat girl body thought I could pull that one off...FAIL! I always kept it hidden so it never healed well =(....

Mederma is expensive, but I'm still on the same tube since my scars healed about 2 weeks after surgery in January!

I used to make bath and body products, including body butter and no, I'm not telling you to make your own lotions and things, but I'll tell you what I tell my old customers...you can take a bottle of high quality body lotion (I recommend Lubriderm because that's what a dermatologist recommended to me once) and add Vitamin E oil, mango butter and shea butter. It's absolutely the most healing butter you'll ever put on your skin and it helps with scars as well.

Renee`

Jus' sayin ybnormal that it's working for me. I've tried Shea butter and Vitamin E on scars before without success. I'm happy with the Mederma and my results are worth it. The package says to use it asap after skin is healed for better results.

oh i totally get it and if I have the money I may end up investing in some. Right now I probably won't have the money so I'll have to make my own and make due. Although I gotta say, my tummy is pretty much like a road map, so lotion isn't going to help, I may need spackle... :huh:

Your scars look excellent! Mine are a little darker red, and I seem to have more? How many incisions did you have in all? I also have the belly piercing scaring LOLtongue.gif but hey there was a time it was....no, there really never was an acceptable stomach for it! Now I might have to post pics of my scars for feedback, but for sure I am going to try out some of this Mederma stuff.