Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was dong great, then I blew it!

Had the sleeve on March 1st, weighing in at just over 300, I lost 72 lbs by April 27th ( the loss actually occurred from the 23rd of February when I started my liquid diet). April 27th seems to be the day that everything fell apart, it was the 27th that I had a follow up with my surgeon, he was so excited about how much I lost, and so was I. I was feeling great, and I was watching the scale move every day. While at my follow up the surgeon told me "Go ahead and eat whatever you want" I said whatever I want? He said yes, anything you want! While let me tell you, I fell right off the damn wagon and into a pile of candy bars, chicken wings, burgers, Cookies cakes and candies. I need to regain some sort of order here or I'm afraid I'll go back to where I was! I have not gained any wieght since I started this feeding frenzy, but I have only lost .6 lbs since then. I started smoking again, which is why I think I picked up the bad food habits again too! I have figured out that there is nothing good that can come from the damn convenience stores! You go in to buy a pack of smokes, and the frigging candy bars are right there, snickers, baby Ruthe, the new milky way all caramel bar, butterfingers, and attached to the local convenience store, a pizza place with the best damn chicken wings in the world! What could one candy bar hurt? I better get two because one never satisfies, and who can chose just one with so many great tasting selections? I have not stopped with my working out, and I still walk my 5 to 8 miles daily, but my food intake has to stop! I feel like I'm possessed with some evil food spirit that is trying to sabotage me! Worse pat about all this is I am hiding it from friends and family, like if they dont see it, they wont know.

Has anyone else been through this, how did you get back on tract? I literally go to bed praying I will be better with my selections, it hasn't been working.

I take in one square of hersheys dark choclate every once in a while but I don't go overboard. You have got to regain conrtrol of your actions. get back on the no carb wagon. I would hate to see you gaining your weight back and when you start doing this it will make you depressed and you will want to eat more and therefore put on more weight. I wish you luck but there is something called the 5 day pouch test look it up it is not I late for you.

I am pre-surgery, but I have fears like yours too about what happens after surgery. Hey, you recognize how you are messing up and you know that you need to turn it around so you are already on the right track! So you have been off the wagon for a week and a half. Not a huge deal if you turn it around now. It takes a while to create those healthy habits so don't beat yourself up too badly! Keep the praying up too, it works. You have lost 72 lbs and are living an active lifestyle, that is great!

Holly

Its great that you are still working out/walking! I would take the little victories where you can and maybe consider going back to Protein shakes and no carbs for a few days just to get past the cravings. Have some sugar-free/fat-free pudding for chocolate. There is a better way to satisfy your appetite, and you know better than anyone what that is.......

Use this tool to get back on track for your new lifestyle :) You can do this. You really want to do this. You really will do this! We all have faith in you, you can, you want to, you will......Just keep saying it.

That being said, I have one more week before my food free-for-all and I want meatloaf dammit!!! lol, but I had to go back to 2 shakes a day to get my loss moving again after my 3-week stall. So we all have to make adjustments occasionally.

Right now I feel the same as you do about being "off the wagon". I am doing well, but falling into old habits and they are NOT ones that I want to keep! I just try to do better every day.... the biggest issue for me is stress eating. My life has been super stressful lately and I do notice that I have stretched my sleeve somewhat because I can definitely eat more now :( So.... I just keep telling myself not to screw up this surgery which is a tool that I have been blessed with!

Good luck and let's get back on track!

The only way to get rid of cravings and get off the junk food is to go carb free. You will feel better. It's hard for the first few days, but then it's like

you forget all about all the bad stuff.

Eat your Protein only and you can get back on tract.

Good for you!! Keep a food diary, it really helps. I had a 2 week stall (eating Easter eggs hasn't helped the situation).

I had an appointment with my dietician scheduled for next week and had to take a copy of what I had eaten a week the week before the appointment, and had to fill out my food diary... well my weightloss started again!!! It's amazing how much we eat without realizing it and the food diary makes you focus on getting your Protein and making better food choices.

Good luck! We are all in this boat together & congratulations on losing 72 pounds now its time to lose a few more. The best thing is you have proven that you had a 'bender' and didn't GAIN, this is the best tool ever!!

I just fell off too. I started a journal today as well as the 5 day pouch test. Just to remind myself of how i am supposed to feel when i eat, and the journal to be more concious of what i am putting in my mouth. my scale hasn't moved much lately and then i looked at the biscuits and gravy i was eating and got so angry with myself and was not going to blow up all the good that i have done so far. So hang in there...and be strong!